Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second release by Top Notch Tablets for the excellent FNF iFive Mini3 tablet! Got this one correct on the first try I think

All of the usual TNT goodness!

- Built on stock version 1.29
- Rooted
- Super-Cleaned (All Chinese Junk Removed however there is a weather app on the lock screen still but you can remove that easily)
- Special for our first FNF Mini3 Release - CyanogenMod's Wallpaper Pack - Show off the Mini3's Brilliant Screen!
- Special for the Mini3 (and soon coming to all 4:3 Aspect Ratio Tablets from TNT) - Trebuchet Launcher - Specifically for 1024x768 4:3 Resolution - No apps/widgets getting cut off, clean interface, super-smooth performance, rock-solid stability!
- Gallery with Picasa support installed next to regular JB Gallery
- Build.Prop modded which definitely results in wider market access (Can now access more gameloft games like Wild Blood)
- Custom Background
- Custom Boot Animation
- Stock Recovery Environment for MAXIMUM Stability
- EST Timezone Set
- English Language Pre-Set
- English Dictionary Fix installed alongside Improved Google Keyboard with Swype
- Changed default browser home screen to the Top Notch Tablets Paid Search page - If you like free firmware releases like this one, please considering using it as it is an easy no-cost-to-you way to support my work!

Kind Regards,

Roman

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/node/230

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seeing this makes it easier to decide what tablet to get.
Even if I never touched it, FNF has some of the best stock firmware of any of the manufacturers. Yes, the skin is a bit annoying but other than that they make pretty good stuff that is fairly clean out of the box.

It is my favorite tablet thus far though

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Even if I never touched it, FNF has some of the best stock firmware of any of the manufacturers. Yes, the skin is a bit annoying but other than that they make pretty good stuff that is fairly clean out of the box.

It is my favorite tablet thus far though

Regards,

Roman
Any chance Roman for Android 4.4 KitKat on iFive mini3?

Thank you in advance
Bart

·
Registered
46 Posts
After using the R2 rom, I've run into a few bugs so I flashed to R1 and I'm finding it more stable at the moment. Biggest bug was battery status was not updating properly for a day and then all of a sudden started to update fine. Wifi had some issues too (connection was find, the tablet said I was connected, but I could not go anywhere on the internet).

Oh interesting. I'd test it out, but I'm not exactly sure how to do a full backup of my current rom (TNT R1) so I can back to it after testing.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anything, my guess is that the Android 4.4 release is "beta". No FNF Skin, no FNF branding on it. It isn't official stock firmware. It is exciting though! I would wait for an official release from FNF (or two releases). From past experience, new android release are fun in that you get all the new cool features but in the end you really just want a stable device if the unit is your daily driver. At least that is how I feel about it.

I might make a modded "beta" version if people really really are pining for something but I have no way to test at present what I create as I don't have a Mini3 on hand to work with (my dev unit went out to Tech7 actually
...)

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got this tablet rooted from merrimobiles only the root didn't work (wasn't recognized by programs) and the tablet was horribly laggy. So, decided to try your rom. Sped up the tablet wonderfully only now I have a major screen flicker/blackout issue under both releases (tried both). Same issue on 2nd tablet merrimobiles sent (long story).

Another issue under both fnf rom and yours, when I turn on blue tooth and connect, it messes up wifi. Wifi looses ability to see networks. Toggling wifi switch fixes but only for a few minutes. Turning bluetooth off and rebooting fixes. Help!

Finally, did try Android 4.4 and it ran great except it reduced ram to 1gb from the 2gb built into the unit and I didn't have the ability to move apps so ram filled up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed android 4.4 on my ifive mini 3. Everything works fine except that the nand flash memory and sd card won't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flah Mode:

1) Plug USB Cable in iFive Mini 3

2) Power On

3) Wait for starting, Hold Power 'Off' for 10 sec's, don't click on Message, Hold Power off always and the screen became black…

4) Plug USB Cable in your conputer… Tada you re in flash mode->>> Test under linux and windows 8…

1 - 11 of 11 Posts