Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
This is the first release by Top Notch Tablets for the excellent FNF iFive Mini3 tablet! It took me 5 iterations of firmware before I was able to get everything exactly how I wanted it so enjoy! This one was a labor of love as I really like this device & it is my daily device at present.

All of the usual TNT goodness!

- Built on stock version 1.28
- Rooted
- Super-Cleaned (All Chinese Junk Removed however there is a weather app on the lock screen still but you can remove that easily)
- Special for our first FNF Mini3 Release - CyanogenMod's Wallpaper Pack - Show off the Mini3's Brilliant Screen!
- Special for the Mini3 (and soon coming to all 4:3 Aspect Ratio Tablets from TNT) - Trebuchet Launcher - Specifically for 1024x768 4:3 Resolution - No apps/widgets getting cut off, clean interface, super-smooth performance, rock-solid stability!
- Gallery with Picasa support installed next to regular JB Gallery
- Build.Prop modded which definitely results in wider market access (Can now access more gameloft games like Wild Blood)
- Custom Background
- Custom Boot Animation
- Stock Recovery Environment for MAXIMUM Stability
- EST Timezone Set
- English Language Pre-Set
- English Dictionary Fix installed alongside Improved Google Keyboard with Swype
- Changed default browser home screen to the Top Notch Tablets Paid Search page - If you like free firmware releases like this one, please considering using it as it is an easy no-cost-to-you way to support my work!

Kind Regards,

Roman

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/node/224

Reactions: mrsburnout

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Roman,

I have downloaded your TNT Firmware Release 1.0 (FR1), when extracted, I only got the image. How do I flash the image, what tools can I use???

Greetz,
Edward

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Roman2025,

I've just installed your firmware on my brand new iFive mini 3, looks great.

But can you give me the details on how to remove the chinese weather app on the lock screen? You say it's easy but couldn't find how.

Again many thanks for this firmeware,
BapCan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Roman2025,

But can you give me the details on how to remove the chinese weather app on the lock screen? You say it's easy but couldn't find how.

BapCan
Hi BapCan

Could you tell me how did you put mini3 into Flash Mode?

Thanks
Bart

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Roman2025,

BapCan
long-press on app, drag to remove at top of screen.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi BapCan

Could you tell me how did you put mini3 into Flash Mode?

Thanks
Bart
If you have never installed any other RK3188/RK3066 devices with firmware before, getting the Mini3 into flash mode can be a bear because there are no rockchip driver's installed. The short of it is that you need to turn the Mini3 on, plug in USB connection, and then hold down the power button. Just keep holding. The shutdown prompt will pop-up. Ignore it and keep holding. Eventually the screen will turn off, keep holding. Eventually you should see an unknown USB device pop up on your computer. At that point, you need to go into device manager and manually install the device drivers in the folder that comes with the firmware flashing program. I had to really wrestle with this recently because I was working remotely on a system that I had never used to flash a Rockchip tablet before and I only had a Mini3 to work with (it has no volume controls which make all of the above a bit easier when they are present...).

If you have done all of the above before and already have the drivers installed, you can just plug your tablet in while turned on, open up the flashing program (Rockbatch is available on the www.rockchipfirmware.com site and our copies are virus free...) and hit the "switch" button which will soft-reset your device and put it into flash mode (infinitely easier than using the power button on the Mini3 to do this...).

If you have no clue about what I am talking about when I mention the words "drivers", "device manager", and "manually install drivers" you are going to have a harder time. Here is a good place to start reading...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows/update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly#

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm joining to question

... I've heard I we have to use program like NAND erase (format?) or something first?

because if its is RKBatchTool 1.6 only - so tutorial not needed
RKbatch 1.6 should be used for RK3188 devices.

It does a nand erase/format i believe when you use the "restore" option. Don't use the "upgrade" option to flash new firmware...

There is an older version of RKbatch floating around that is useful if you are only trying to flash certain parts of the firmware... but that goes beyond this discussion here. The short of it is, that if your firmware file comes as a single ".img" file then you use RKbatch 1.6 to do the flash.

If the tool you are trying to use is asking for multiple image files, you are using the wrong tool, at least for the firmware images TNT produces...

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
46 Posts
Roman - I asked this question in the little review thread you made, but no response.

Does the custom TNT rom use the soft-volume slider of the stock rom or did you modify it to have the soft-volume +/- buttons that are normally on Rockchip tablets?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
first thank you for image. second, I make it different way. I used FNF Device manager 1.7 / aka RK Device manager. when I installed drivers, I got message in this app that "device found". that I choose your image and hit restore. no booting to flash mode before.
and it works

will see on next update.

thnx for howto boot into flash mode - pain in a..s

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roman - I asked this question in the little review thread you made, but no response.

Does the custom TNT rom use the soft-volume slider of the stock rom or did you modify it to have the soft-volume +/- buttons that are normally on Rockchip tablets?
Volume controls are same as stock.

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
46 Posts
Volume controls are same as stock.

Kind Regards,

Roman
Thanks. Also, Roman, can you please look at the Merchant Review subforum for the thread I made about the lackluster CS I've received from the store? I don't know how else to get in contact with someone from TNT to resolve an ongoing issue. I can't PM you here on slatedroid, so this is the best I can do.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. Also, Roman, can you please look at the Merchant Review subforum for the thread I made about the lackluster CS I've received from the store? I don't know how else to get in contact with someone from TNT to resolve an ongoing issue. I can't PM you here on slatedroid, so this is the best I can do.
Howdy, we spoke. Sorry about the experience. I responded further on the Merchant Review subforum and we also emailed.

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flash Mode for ifive mini 3 and i think for all FNF:

1) Plug USB Cable in iFive Mini 3

2) Power On

3) Wait for starting, Hold Power 'Off' for 10 sec's, don't click on Message, Hold Power off always and the screen became black…

4) Plug USB Cable in your conputer… Tada you re in flash mode->>> Test under linux and windows 8…

1 - 18 of 18 Posts