Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ton of apps installed, and quite a few shortcuts on two of my homescreens. Do the shortcuts make the device slower or less responsive? What about the amount of installed apps? I have 21.04 MB of Internal "phone" storage left. Should I have more? If so, I will delete some of them and just use the app drawer.Note: I only have 3 widgets, because I know that affects speed. I also use Advanced Task Killer regularly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again! Last quick questions, how much space should I leave open? I'm going to start uninstalling anything that I don't really use first and then go from there.I read on some other forums that Advanced Task Killer slows down the device considerably, and that it isn't really necessary. Is that true? Should I get rid of it?

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='Noah98;24451]Thanks again! Last quick questions' date=' how much space should I leave open? I'm going to start uninstalling anything that I don't really use first and then go from there.I read on some other forums that Advanced Task Killer slows down the device considerably, and that it isn't really necessary. Is that true? Should I get rid of it?[/QUOTE'] I would try around 50MB and see where that gets you. As for the other program I was speaking of a memory manager and not necessarily a task killer. Might not seem like there is a difference but there is.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
MinionOfEckerd;25114 said:
I've read in many other forums that Task Killers are useless on Android. There's little need for a task killer on Android.
It's not really useless but you need to be careful in what you shut down. Shutting down certain apps can cause the device to not work right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The task killer's done one thing for me: kept my PDN from turning back on mysteriously when I've put it to sleep. Now, when I wanna sleep it, I first kill all Internet-related apps that might wanna automatically/routinely do their own background checking/updates/'Net-polling of any sort. My PDN sleeps soundly now, every time, as a result of this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.