Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Developer
247 Posts
Team,

We are looking forward to brining in the next version release for PicUntu - target estimate date is 31st Jan

We would like to hear from folks, about things they want to see included - working... I have created the following two list for all to post in...

Target: TBD

Bug Fixes
- Check for existing pv - if yes, only then run the tar gauge in pre-picuntu
- To test, joomla and make it non-interactive install
- Suppress errors of wicd/nm-applet - when running together [done]

Enhancements
- Picuntu does not have telnet !!! must include (almost a BUG !!)
- Front-end to manager CPU clock freq
- Issue 28: Front-end to manage several screen resolutions.
I had the same problem. Then I found in the dmesg log file that "wlan0" was renamed to "wlan1". After changing all "wlan0" entries in the interfaces file to "wlan1" and restarted networking with "service networking restart" it worked instantly.
- Need to include in network configurator the dummy network it sometimes make... so that users don't have to do this on their own.

- Droidemote server to be installed at boot time, with xfce - Error - to be fixed
- wireless-mode ad-hoc - to introduce the ability to do ad-hoc connection -by network configuration.

New modules
- HF20F9 USB dongle - DONE
- ftdi_sio - USB serial - DONE
- pl2303 - Prolific Technologies - DONE
- Garmin Serial (??) - DONE
- UVC Cam modules (kermitas)

New Packages
- Serial port managers
- ser2net - to divert data from serial to tcp port - DONE
- minicom, picocom
- GPS device packages
- gpsd python-gps gpsdrive viking gpsd-clients libgps-dev libgtk2.0-dev glutg3-dev libcegui-mk2-dev libxmu-dev libsdl-dev libpcre3-dev libspeechd-dev libtiff-dev libdevil-dev build-essential subversion automake
- Dropbox client (?)

-----------------------------------

Documentation
- Complete help for the various switches we have in Pre-picuntu and picuntu-da-server
- Video
- Pre-picuntu - Done by Arctablet - will need to revise for 2.3
- Picuntu-da-server
- Screen shot based pdf
- Pre-picuntu - Done by Raymond, need to convert into pdf and help commands - will need to revise for 2.3
- Picuntu-da-server -

Wish List
- MALI 400 support - (How could I forget !!)
- Issue 27: bcm40183 - to make wifi work in MX series devices
- oprofile compilation in kernel
- Issue 25: iptables support - (i thought we already have it !! - must check)
- AirPrint print server (wow... )
- LVM Module.

Distant wishlists (dreams ?)

- Virtualbox/Wine/Vmware
- Driver WRAPPER - to mount windows drivers.

-----------------------

Anything else that you want to be added - keep posting it here... we can consolidate and combine our efforts here...

Alok

·
Registered
185 Posts
I guess on the Install it should ask some place if you are installing a server or desktop. I never seen that. I guess it's just what packages you want to install.

-Raymond Day

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wish List
- Issue 27: bcm40183 - to make wifi work in MX series devices <-- bcm40183(RK903) is also used in many MK808B

+ UVC VIDEO module

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry for this stupid question, but how can I know what wifi hardware is in my MK808B ?
I uploaded first, second, third Android for MK808 and WiFi didn't work. Then I uploaded Anroid for MK808B and internal WiFi works fine (in some Androids I have also bluetooth icon).

Picuntu 0.9 RC2 does not list WiFi wlnaX in ifconfig (or iwconfig) ... so I gues that I bought MK808 but received MK808B.

Maybe there is command under linux that can list names of internal chips...but I don't know it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Th linux command to identify wireless chipset seems to be "lspci" but it doesn't give very usefull informations:
pcilib: Cannot open /proc/bus/pci
lspci: Cannont find any working access method

·
Developer
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess on the Install it should ask some place if you are installing a server or desktop. I never seen that. I guess it's just what packages you want to install.

-Raymond Day
Well the problem, is many folks wanted GUI AND server... so we had to leave it as packages...

Alok

·
Registered
73 Posts
I uploaded first, second, third Android for MK808 and WiFi didn't work. Then I uploaded Anroid for MK808B and internal WiFi works fine (in some Androids I have also bluetooth icon).

Picuntu 0.9 RC2 does not list WiFi wlnaX in ifconfig (or iwconfig) ... so I gues that I bought MK808 but received MK808B.

Maybe there is command under linux that can list names of internal chips...but I don't know it.
Wifi in MK 808 is recognized as eth0

·
Registered
70 Posts
What about adding support for Minix Neo X5?
I googled but I wasn't able to find which modules are needed for its ethernet and wireless adapters. And look at the Minix Neo X5 thread - it just hangs randomly with CPU messages. Is it possible to have a kernel compiled with cpufreq_performance instead of ondemand/powersave? I think this might be one of the issues.

I bought a Minix Neo X5 solely for this purpose, so I am willing to try anything you want or do any test you want. Please don't ask me to submerge it in water

BTW: If you haven't done it, I think it is important to compile device-mapper and the LVM module. While this might not seem very important with a recreational dongle like the UG802, setups like the Minix Neo X5 are just about perfect for a server, and servers use this stuff.

·
Developer
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Add these to wishlist:
Mali 400 hardware acceleration
MX series wifi + bluetooth
WineHq
Eclipse IDE (not sure working or not)
MX wifi+bt - will be achieved under bcm4093 - when we are able to find the source...

Mali should go under wish list...

WineHQ - will be a cause of concern for a LONG time.... Wine/Vmware/Virtual box use direct Intel hardware interaction to give you the virtualisation layer.... Under ARM they will need to be re-written from scratch to give what we are asking. There is ofcourse a software virtualizer - Qemm - but the speed performance leaves a lot to desire.

Eclipse: May I request, some one to please install and test, if eclipse works or not ?

Alok

·
Developer
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here is my personal wishlist:

-ac3/dts passthrou
-pyload server
-dlna server
-xbmc server
-jabber server
-counterstrike server
-steam for linux

http://media.steampowered.com/client/installer/steam.deb
currently you need beta account, but there is a workaround:
execute steam from the terminal using the command "steam steam://store"
and log in using your normal or sign up for a new account
-ac3/dts passthrou - Will work under xbmc
-pyload server - Pls help in pointing out the sources/references
-dlna server - Already present -mediatomb does JUST that.
-xbmc server - Will not work, till MALI support is available
-jabber server - Already works (
Code:
apt-get install ejabberd erlang
)
-counterstrike server - Help in pointing the source/reference ?
-steam for linux - Again, pls help in pointing ref/sources

Alok

·
Registered
20 Posts
wish:
1、provide a disk image file. (then the install step is quite simple.) i hope to get the system image file that works like the picture.picuntu0.9rc2.2
2、picuntu with worked well desktop system is very expected. i think most picuntu users like to use desktop system.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dear Alok,

do you think that it will be possible in future to install linuxroot at internal NAND memory and stop using external micro SD cards?

What are the steps to achieve that?

Thanks,
Arthur.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats awesome
thanks for the heads up..
im still waiting for my ug007, china post is just slooow

like i said its a personal wishlist,
so nothing cruicial for the picuntu image.. but i think some nice ideas on what to do with the device.

does the mplayer work?
mali in xbmc is only needed to play movies?! why not do it like here and outsource the player, use 3rd party players.
originaly i thought xbmc for android would allow that then i found this custom version. seems 3rd party players for android had to be included, but i guess linux version does already have the function? on the other hand, it has to be xbmc for arm, right?! not the original linux version...

counterstrike server:
how to create a [URL=cs:source]cs:source dedicated linux server[/URL]:
Create [URL=CS:GO]CS:GO Dedicated Server[/URL]
no idea if this would run, guess not..

steam for linux:
i posted info on that in my first post, the link is for the debian package
its still in beta and i dont think it will work.

pyload server

·
Registered
2 Posts
I vote for minix neo X5 support too. I will help you with your effort as much as possible. I am expecting my device within a few days.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts