Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Performance wise. Intel z2580 should be better choice than current Chinese ARM chips.

z2580 is better on the CPU side of things because:
- X86 is more powerful architecture over ARM Cortex A9
- z2580 runs at 800-2,000 MHz vs ARM chips which clock at 100/252/384 MHz up to 1600 MHz
- most of the apps are dual or single threaded. That means a high speed dual core will perform better than slower clocked quad core.

On 3D performance because of better integrated GPU. 3D GPU side of things:

1024x768
Mini One (RK3188) VS P89 Mini (z2580)
See how bad RK3188 GPU compares to z2580?

z2580 @ 1024x768 VS 1920x1080
Notice the difference of onscreen results? ie. why resolution matters.
Offscreen results should be fairly similar when comparing 2 devices using the same SoC.
P89 VS K900

K900 has really close resolution to Ramos i9. The i9 should score slightly less with onscreen tests compared to K900. ie. can use Lenovo K900 to compare to RK3188 & A31 tablets to get an idea of how well Ramos i9 will do.

1920x1080
K900 VS Voyo A15
We can see above that z2580 & 5250 match up pretty close on 3D performance.

In 1-1.5 months should finally see Amlogic 8726-M8 tablets. Amlogic's high end 8726-M8 model will somewhat outperform z2580 on the gaming/GPU side.
K900 VS M802 (8726-M8)

Some Notes
- z2580 is the best SoC you can get today for China tablets. Samsung 5250 is very close tie but only found in Voyo A15.
- Ramos is a very good brand and popular
- Ramos normally does not include HDMI. Some other tablet makers may start doing the same now with WIDI. ie. Teclast P89 Mini
- Ramos seems to use smaller sized batteries compared to their competition. Usually less battery power by 7%+.
- The only chip that will beat z2580 on gaming is the top end model of 8726-M8 but could be 1-2 months wait for that.

My only worry is battery life during use. I believe about 7 hours for this tablet. Not sure if that is considered great, very good or just good for 1920x1200 tablet. Good idea to compare battery time with other 9-10" tablets with 1920x1200 resolutions.

My suggestion is people either buy z2580 tablet or wait for Amlogic m802 (8726-M8) tablets. Hopefully Amlogic can hit 1.6-1.7 GHz without getting too hot with their new chip. Not worth buying RK3188 or A31 today. ie. I'd rather go with z2580 over RK3188 or A31.

Edit: made some minor changes to content

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
My only worry is battery life during use. I believe about 7 hours for this tablet. Not sure if that is considered great, very good or just good for 1920x1200 tablet. Good idea to compare battery time with other 9-10" tablets with 1920x1200 resolutions.
So far the battery life is pretty good. Standby time is fantastic because of "Intel Deeper Sleep", I think the battery life is roughly 7-8 hours which is pretty good for a FHD8.9"

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
So far the battery life is pretty good. Standby time is fantastic because of "Intel Deeper Sleep", I think the battery life is roughly 7-8 hours which is pretty good for a FHD8.9"
HyperThreading is tricky. It comes into play only when app is multi-threaded. To keep 4 physical or 2 physical + 2 virtual cores busy you would need 4 threads minimum in the application.

Dual core with HT won't come into play unless you have 3 or more threads. I have ATOM330 & Core i3 which both have HT.

HT improves performance by keeping the physical cores constantly busy. This can improve CPU performance by max increase of 30-35% over non-HT system. Benchmarks I saw in the past showed this.

Apps maybe multi-threaded on Android. I have to look more into it. Just checked Windows 7 and many apps appear to have more threads but CPU use seems to mostly happen on my 2 physical cores and barely on my virtual ones. Multi-threaded apps should be using all cores. Not just staying mostly on 2 cores.

For now, will just go with real performance on z2580 comes from being x86 arch. - which is faster over Cortex A9 but don't recall by how much, 2 GHz - 400 MHz additional clock speed over RK3188 and starting from 800 MHz min speed - which gives enough CPU power to do simple tasks without jumping up to higher speed steps - ie. should feel more responsive right away. Also, better GPU on z2580.

Yes, m802 (8726-M8) uses Mali450. Mali450 sits between Mali400 and MaliT6xxx series in terms of architecture but Mali450 offers 8 GPU cores. Octa-core. According to GFXbench, Mali450 octa-core has 4X more fill rate and 1.5-2X more triangles over Mali400 quad-core GPU thanks to having 2X greater GPU cores and a newer, kinda improved GPU design.

Correct. Amlogic m802 has been delayed but now getting close to release. A prototype was shown on Oct 15 with benchmarks.
m802 (2048x1536) Benchmarks

m802 reference tablet scored 25,050 in Antutu 4.

I expect m802 tablets to come out no later than 1.5-2 months from Oct 15. End of Nov or early Dec which is too late for Christmas gifts. Anyone that wants tablet today should go with Intel z2580. P89 Mini or Ramos iSeries. Intel z2580 is the best chip choice out there right now for China brand tablet!!! m802 should come out "little to somewhat" better over z2580 for 3D gaming.

I have to agree that 7-8 hours is pretty good for tablet with FHD.

Ramos i9 is very nice tablet! Congrats!

PS,
I saw somewhere about standby lasting very long on z2580 tablets. Also, WIDI maybe only on z2580 and not ARM? WIDI is better for gaming instead of using HDMI. Something else for tablet buyer to consider.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good I read this one before making a misstake and buy a m9 pro, concidered it. But than I found the i-series from ramos. Still waiting for the i10. Didn´t they want to release it around 15th of October?

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Good I read this one before making a misstake and buy a m9 pro, concidered it. But than I found the i-series from ramos. Still waiting for the i10. Didn´t they want to release it around 15th of October?
Delays and delays. This is to be expected.

·
Registered
137 Posts
to buy the ramos i9 or the teclase p 90..which is a bettery buy in terms of

1 quality of product 2 microphone sound 3 software?

am yet to order so any opinion matters!!

·
Developer
10 Posts
Personally, this tablet has great specs and usability for value. The display is great, and the battery life is quite superb for what you pay.

You can squeeze even more battery life with a few tips like enabling auto-brightness..etc.

·
Developer
10 Posts
Ramos i9 - superb quality for price. Also the new design is quite gorgeous. Has a minor flaws but no real problems.

So far, I would only recommend i9!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had my i9 since Dec and must say I am very please, at least for the performance/bat life vs price. I can get a full day out of it with near heavy use. Usually play games watch videos and just mess around with apps with about 5hrs screen on time (which is pretty good compared to other devices I have). Performance wise it can run every app I through at it, as long as the app opens. Which brings me to a negative. Some apps won't run at all (I guess do to it being an Intel chip?). The design is great. I love the glass backing and how slim the tablet is. Just like most Chinese tablet the sd card slot could use some work. Don't expect to use this tablet as a video/picture camera, quality isn't the greatest. So all in all for 200$ I would definitely recommend it. However there is a big negative which some would be turned away on which I will list below.

There is nearly no development for the tablet. Ive searched and searched and can't find a custom recovery or custom roms. Good thing is the updated official rom isn't bad but I just have a certain love for custom ones. And I would love more than anything for a custom recovery since I have put this tablet in a bootloop a few times on accident. Hope this helps anyone thinking of purchasing the Ramos i9.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts