Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so torn.
This tablet looks great, benchmarks put its performance at 20,000+ in revised Antutu 4.x even with the full HD pixel count and Ramos seems to be a favoured manufacturer (solid, design, screen quality, etc).

Yet I can't see anywhere to buy it in the UK (early days). With a small orgy of 7-9" brand tablets being released (Nexus 7 or Dell Venue 8 for example) should I just stump small extra costs for the reduced screen size yet potential greater battery life plus perfroamce gains due to firmware development & hardware differences?

What are thoughts on Ramos & this tablet overall? I could be on the hunt for reliable sellers...

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Ramos is a rather established chinese brand.

I'm afraid it won't be available for purchase until the next few weeks, production is still being ramped up slowly.

If you were to consider getting a chinese tablet, this would be the one to go for, anything else performs poorer than expected.

Nex7 or Venue8 are good contenders too, it all boils down to which form factor you would like.

I myself really appreciate the 8.9" FHD form factor, bigger than 7" but still maintains its portability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I have to agree - I'd should jump at a Nex7 yet something puts me off. I think its the 16:19 small screen. Whilst an 8.9" would be grand alongside my Nex4.

Battery life seems to vary so much for many brands - think it'll gamble on a seller for Christmas

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Thanks.

I have to agree - I'd should jump at a Nex7 yet something puts me off. I think its the 16:19 small screen. Whilst an 8.9" would be grand alongside my Nex4.

Battery life seems to vary so much for many brands - think it'll gamble on a seller for Christmas
I looked at a chinese review of the ramosi9 and he was impressed by it, there were no lags etc etc.

I'm currently using a 8.9FHD tablet and it is awesome, just a pity that the processor is lacking.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
@lambstone: what about the battery life of ur FHD?
I currently have the Cube U39GT which has a 5200mah battery. It does not drain consistently and I have yet to conduct a full drain test, but it is definitely not as good as my Chuwi V88.

The ramos i9 as a 7000mah battery and a relatively power efficient z2780 chip so it should be pretty good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm waiting for any full reviews (a China review was mentioned, can you provide any sites to watch? I presume IMP3.net is one).

Ramos list the CPU as the Atom Z2580 covertrail+ (2.0ghz dual core with HT, so as good as quad yet saving power usage). With the PowerVR SGX 544MP2 hoping it will give the balance of processing and ability to hand FHD

I've had a RK3188 which slower on high resolutions although SDK 2.0 helped, while A31 is just a miss for me personally as has the GPU yet under powered A7 CPU cores.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've read specs the i9 with its 7000mah battery will last 8-10 hours which could be optimistic.

Would not be the first time a seller or manufacturer makes claims which fail when real world tested - Fingers crossed.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
I've read specs the i9 with its 7000mah battery will last 8-10 hours which could be optimistic.

Would not be the first time a seller or manufacturer makes claims which fail when real world tested - Fingers crossed.
In the review link I posted up there, I seem to recall that is has good battery life.

UPDATE: My i9 has shipped and should be here within 5 days.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, it has a max 500mhz 544MP2 which is better than the A31's 544MP2. It will do fine. A31 had no issues running graphics on a retina screen.

The original Atom was single core yet performed as well as dual core. The Clovertrail+ dual core should perform as quad core. The higher clock speed per core makes it possibly faster

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftieba.baidu.com%2Fp%2F2629302367%3Fpn%3D1

In the review link I posted up there, I seem to recall that is has good battery life.

UPDATE: My i9 has shipped and should be here within 5 days.
very anxious to hear your review! Where did you buy it, it appears out of stock wherever I look

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
very anxious to hear your review! Where did you buy it, it appears out of stock wherever I look
ramos-sale and ramos-tablet seem to have them in stock.

I personally got it from ramos-sale as it it slightly cheaper.

Now be sure to use paypal when you're paying.

Also, currently there only seems to be white everywhere. Black probably won't be out for a month

www.banggood.com/Ramos-I9-Intel-Atom-Z2580-Dual-Core-8_9-Inch-IPS-Android-4_2-Tablet-p-88699.html has them in stock now. They are reliable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Personally I would not rely on the in stock declaration. From what I have heard Ramos still has production problems, so that the delivery will be delayed. But I hope you are lucky

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Personally I would not rely on the in stock declaration. From what I have heard Ramos still has production problems, so that the delivery will be delayed. But I hope you are lucky
Yeah, it was "in stock" 2 weeks ago then they changed to preorder. Finally Banggood rep confirmed there was stock. If you can't wait the I would recommend getting it from them.

Ramos-sale seems dodgy but at least there is PayPal. My tablet seems to have left China. Hopefully it arrives by Friday. Otherwise it'll be Monday.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, it was "in stock" 2 weeks ago then they changed to preorder. Finally Banggood rep confirmed there was stock. If you can't wait the I would recommend getting it from them.

Ramos-sale seems dodgy but at least there is PayPal. My tablet seems to have left China. Hopefully it arrives by Friday. Otherwise it'll be Monday.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4
yeah, i think i would trust banggood, but I'm waiting for some hands on reviews. So hopefully you get yours on Friday!

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
yeah, i think i would trust banggood, but I'm waiting for some hands on reviews. So hopefully you get yours on Friday!
Got it early.

Quick review...

Good design, good build quality, great performace (CPU and GPU included)/

Money well spent

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got it early.

Quick review...

Good design, good build quality, great performace (CPU and GPU included)/

Money well spent
Wow! That was good delivery from Ramos-Sale. I doubted their service and the risk of fake tablet due to such a low price... I stand corrected.
I'm sure any in-depth review and opinions will form after more time with the tablet either here or in the AIO thread.

Can I ask you cover some quick remaining concerns until then...
- Confirm no root permission out of factory? I haven't seen a process on this device at present yet a minor issue.
- Confirm charges via Micro USB port and not a 2.5mm pin?
- Confirm has mini HDMI out as listed by Ramos.

Thanks in advance. I shall wait on any later reviews for battery life, Wi-Fi range and actual use/opinions when the dust has had time to settle.
Yet this is looking like the device for me regardless

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was just about to buy a pipo m9 or a cube u30gt2 when i found out about the new ramoses

but i think i'll wait some more for the i10 since i already have a htc one

@lambstone:could you post some pictures?
because the only "real" pictures or video i've seen don't look like the advertisement (side borders thin or wide?)

please let us know what you think of the tablet, some benchmarks? battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lastly... DO NOT GET THE U30GT2 or M9! The RK3188 is disappointing... I should know, I've had 3 of them. This intel atom z2580 on the otherhand just blows the RK3188 away.
thanks for the info! that's exactly what i thought!
i realized that RK3188 tablets surfaced around may and thought there has to be a better system by now.
but i didn't expect the answer would be intel (Atom) CPUs in chinese tablets

while waiting for the i10 to be released this sunday, everything changed because Asus released the Transformer Book T100 today.

but i'm still exited to see more information about those ramoses!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts