Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have updated 5(five) Chuwi V88 2GB model today to TNT R3 Rom.
3 of them stuck on X logo.After a restart the tablets worked fine.The rest 2 tablets updated without any problem.

Thank you very much for the Rom Roman.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the rom. Hope you prepare the v4 with new released firmware. There is rotation bug in this version. Some apps rotate wrong side. Examle go backup (2.6) it turns screen other side so i have to turn tablet up down ( camera side down ) to see the page normal. I had this problem in a few other apps also. How can fix the issue.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi i have anothet problem. Its auto blocking adv.fly website while i didnt use ad blocker. Is it blocked by default? in rom and how we can modify it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Antutu Benchmark:

RAM: 2857
CPU Integer: 4226
CPU Float: 3643
2D Graphics: 1479
3D Graphics: 4123
Database ID: 565
SDcard write: 77
SDcard read: 204

Running tablet @ 1.6Ghz (set using No Frills). So far no freezes or crashes.

smithmal
Just to compare, I have 17093 in Antutu with stock firmware 4.2.2 (June 20th), only thing I did is rooted it, disabled/freezed few CN apps and prior running Antutu I cleaned RAM, no overclocking, no flashing other firmware, so I don't really see point in flashing for the sake of higher performance at least judging by Antutu score. If it improves wifi, fix some display issues etc. I can understand it but differnce between 17093 and 17174 is less than 0.5%. Maybe I should give a try stock firmware from August 1st. Btw. all firmwares are compatible for V88s as well as for V88?

EDIT: On second Chuwi V88s I received with same stock firmware I've had even 17200 in Antutu 3.3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed this ROM on my V88S with RKBatchTool 1.7, and had zero issues with the install itself. Great work.

The only issue I've come across with this ROM in my V88S is the 'Auto Rotate' lock. For some reason, when I disable Auto Rotate (while holding tablet in portrait position), it immediately puts my NOVA in landscape mode, when I really want to lock the entire device in portrait mode. Not a deal breaker, but the original OMA ROM (Windroof) I have installed does not do this, it acts as a 'rotation lock', so locking you in the position you are currently in when you enable this.

On a side note: I just got my Chuwi V88s and am trying to learn how I can take SlimBEAN ROM and modify for this tablet, I love SlimBEAN and tried just about every other ROM, but all my Androids have SlimBEAN now, except this V88s
OMA has done this with CM & AOKP, so I'm hopeful I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This rom has one major problem: when connected via hdmi it turns the display and it is not possible to rotate it back. i really tried every possible app. they all work perfectly until i connect via hdmi. then - out of a sudden - it rotates and wont go back.
so i cannot use this rom for mediacenter-purpose.

did any of you experience the same or has a solution?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
45 Posts
im so sorry that this absolute fantastic Rom has this huge issues with Display Rotation. especially hdmi is not usable. therefore i strongly recommend not to use this Rom. i beg you Roman..... pleeeeeze update so the Screen doesnt flip upside down everytime when connected via hdmi

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok so what other ROMs are good? Basically I wanna be able to play gameloft games. Had trouble on stock but could on this firmware. Also my Hola unblocker doesn't work on this firmware but did on stock. I need it cuz I live in Tokyo to use Netflix and Pandora. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just to compare, I have 17093 in Antutu with stock firmware 4.2.2 (June 20th), only thing I did is rooted it, disabled/freezed few CN apps and prior running Antutu I cleaned RAM, no overclocking, no flashing other firmware, so I don't really see point in flashing for the sake of higher performance at least judging by Antutu score. If it improves wifi, fix some display issues etc. I can understand it but differnce between 17093 and 17174 is less than 0.5%. Maybe I should give a try stock firmware from August 1st. Btw. all firmwares are compatible for V88s as well as for V88?

EDIT: On second Chuwi V88s I received with same stock firmware I've had even 17200 in Antutu 3.3.
having faster antutu or other benchmark results is not everything about using a tablet. Things like better user experiences or more stable system is more important. Most people buy a tablet to use it. Not for pushing it to the limit. If you are happy with your current firmware then by all means stay with it. Then again, I do understand some people get these cheap tablets just to play with them. To get best benchmark results they possibly can. So whatever tickle your brain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Roman!
Your changes for OMA's ROM are great, thank you a lot!
I have a question to you, 'cause I can't ask it actually to OMA. It concerns Xbox360 gamepads.
OMA says that there is support of Xbox gamepads in his ROMs, but none of his ROMs actually supports it! As I've read in some forums, this is because of absent kernel module xpad.ko (and memless.ko). I tried to include it but failed. Can you help me please?
Best regards

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Hi

Many thanks for your great ROM.
When can se expect a new release?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD

Hi

Many thanks for your great ROM.
When can se expect a new release?
I'm guessing this won't occur as TNT no longer sells this model.

smithmal

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Did I miss something? It's still listed on the website....

Chris

Sent from my CW-V88-QUAD using Tapatalk 4
Hmmm... well I stand corrected. I had written to TNT earlier this month and they indicated that they where not selling it anymore due to concerns about WiFi antenna QC (I think there were issues with how antennas where soldered creating ground shorts, etc.). I suppose this issue has been fixed and TNT is putting it back up for sale (which I'm very glad to hear as I am a big fan of TNT).

smithmal

21 - 40 of 48 Posts