Android Tablets Forum banner
201 - 220 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wait, I am confused. So there is NOT a fix for the 32gb microsd card problem?? I was following several posts that indicated a new stock Pipo firmware had fixed the sd card issues. Can anyone please confirm if there is a fix for this. I absolutely love my Pipo M1 but would really like to get this external sd card problem sorted out.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, in sept. Stock ROM and tnt3, sd card does not work.
In nov. Stock ROM works fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, in sept. Stock ROM and tnt3, sd card does not work.
In nov. Stock ROM works fine.
Thank you for giving me some hope re: the sdcard problem, but still perplexed. I'm running TNT3 and Roman is saying that there are no changes from the Sept. to the Nov. stock roms so therefore no new TNT update.

So I guess for now, it's either stick with TNT3 and no sdcard, or use the new stock rom. Roman, could you pleeeease take a look at the November stock rom for any possible changes to the sdcard settings that could be incorporated (even manually? Is it just the same group permissions problem?) into TNT3. I really like TNT3 and do not want to go back to the stock rom.

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thank you for giving me some hope re: the sdcard problem, but still perplexed. I'm running TNT3 and Roman is saying that there are no changes from the Sept. to the Nov. stock roms so therefore no new TNT update.

So I guess for now, it's either stick with TNT3 and no sdcard, or use the new stock rom. Roman, could you pleeeease take a look at the November stock rom for any possible changes to the sdcard settings that could be incorporated (even manually? Is it just the same group permissions problem?) into TNT3. I really like TNT3 and do not want to go back to the stock rom.

Thank you in advance for any help on this.
I don't know what your issue with 32gb cards is, but I run TNT3 and my 32gb class 10 card works just fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

Have just ordered the Pipo M1, hopefully will get it by Xmas.
Seems a lot of people are changing the firmware, is the stock one that bad?
Will it be best for me to change the firmware when I get my M1?

Cheers,

Gembeck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can Roman confirm that firmware 3 works with no problems, I am not very computer literate and if there are problems with this upgrade then a lot of the jargon that is used to fix things when wrong goes over my head
Brianw

·
Registered
14 Posts
updated my pipo m1 with TNT Rel 3.

I noticed after that the auto-rotate does not function anymore. havent noticed this before the update if its functioning since i rooted it right away.

will flashed back the stock rom and see if auto-rotate will function.

anybody experienced this?

·
Registered
113 Posts
updated my pipo m1 with TNT Rel 3.

I noticed after that the auto-rotate does not function anymore. havent noticed this before the update if its functioning since i rooted it right away.

will flashed back the stock rom and see if auto-rotate will function.

anybody experienced this?
It works fine with mine running on TNT R3.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm amazed with PiPo support, they just released a new firmware, my motorola phone had only two updates in it's entire life, while PiPo puts out
two new firmwares in less than a week.

I shared the release "PIPO_M1 firmware_20121119" on the following link

https://docs.google.com/a/alencastro.org/file/d/0B-hl0pF8r_WoeDZzaWo2SWpEbEk/view
It's strange that they don't give out any changelogs between firmware releases... hopefully this will trigger Roman to put out TNT R4 now ;-)

"Correct the information of system version" it says for this release ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have just ordered the Pipo M1, hopefully will get it by Xmas.
Seems a lot of people are changing the firmware, is the stock one that bad?
Will it be best for me to change the firmware when I get my M1?

Cheers,
Gembeck
Welcome to the Pipo M1 community! I'm sure you'll love the tablet, it's almost perfect.

The stock firmware is very good and stable. Check to make sure your tablet comes with the latest version released by Pipo. TNT3 mod by Roman is based on the stock firmware and has some great "extras" but it is definitely not necessary to change from the stock rom. In my opinion, TNT3 is great because it is rooted, configures the internal "memory" for 2 gigs-- great/essential if you install a lot of programs (stock is only 1 gig) and is very easy to install. I had TNT3 up and running in less than 10 minutes. Some users, myself included, have had problems using a 32gb external microsd card. This issue has apparently been fixed in the latest stock rom update.

So, if you do not need/want root and don't plan on installing tons of apps or need to use a 32gb external card, then probably better to stick with the stock firmware. Otherwise TNT3 is a great custom, rooted rom--just waiting (hopefully) for Roman to fix the sd card issue!!

Cheers and hope your tablet arrives soon!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome to the Pipo M1 community! I'm sure you'll love the tablet, it's almost perfect.

The stock firmware is very good and stable. Check to make sure your tablet comes with the latest version released by Pipo. TNT3 mod by Roman is based on the stock firmware and has some great "extras" but it is definitely not necessary to change from the stock rom. In my opinion, TNT3 is great because it is rooted, configures the internal "memory" for 2 gigs-- great/essential if you install a lot of programs (stock is only 1 gig) and is very easy to install. I had TNT3 up and running in less than 10 minutes. Some users, myself included, have had problems using a 32gb external microsd card. This issue has apparently been fixed in the latest stock rom update.

So, if you do not need/want root and don't plan on installing tons of apps or need to use a 32gb external card, then probably better to stick with the stock firmware. Otherwise TNT3 is a great custom, rooted rom--just waiting (hopefully) for Roman to fix the sd card issue!!

Cheers and hope your tablet arrives soon!
There is another huge positive aspect of alt firmware - fixed Google Play, as standard one is configured for Chinese market and many apps will not show. Also build.prop changes that "cheats" market into thinking we own different device let us install more apps.

Another good thing - no Pipo customized luncher (was slow comparing to standard one) and no Chinese bloatware apps.

P.S. I don't have any issues with my 32GB card and TNT3Y firmware.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sir's i have a question i want to update my firmware 20120828. Anyone already install the new firmware? 20121111 how was it? TNT R3 or the new firmware of pipo? are there changes in the new stock firmware? TIA

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sir's i have a question i want to update my firmware 20120828. Anyone already install the new firmware? 20121111 how was it? TNT R3 or the new firmware of pipo? are there changes in the new stock firmware? TIA
Pipo does not post changelogs, so you won't get list of updates made in each firmware. Have in mind, that the latest official FW is probably designed for Chinese users, so prepare to have some Chinese bloatware apps and language set at first. Latest from Pipo is dated "20121119", let's hope Roman will make it as a base of TNT4 or refreshed TNT3. This is also first one to have changelog posted (translated from Chinese):
  • Corrected system version information
  • Optimization: Volume drop a grid the machine _ # _ compatible 203

I personally will stick with TNT3 until Roman releases new version, because I like all those tweaks that he added to his ROM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pipo does not post changelogs, so you won't get list of updates made in each firmware. Have in mind, that the latest official FW is probably designed for Chinese users, so prepare to have some Chinese bloatware apps and language set at first. Latest from Pipo is dated "20121119", let's hope Roman will make it as a base of TNT4 or refreshed TNT3. This is also first one to have changelog posted (translated from Chinese):
  • Corrected system version information
  • Optimization: Volume drop a grid the machine _ # _ compatible 203

I personally will stick with TNT3 until Roman releases new version, because I like all those tweaks that he added to his ROM.
THANK YOU SIR! TNT R3 its is and will waite for the r4

·
Registered
12 Posts
TimeLord12 / CoreyPL,

Thanks for the replies.
I think after having an initial play around with it, making sure it's working fine, I will flash the TNT3 firmware as I don't want to be stuck with the Chinese Goggle Play store.

Cheers

Gembeck

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello Roman,
just tried (out of curiosity) your TNT3, everything worked out nicely but then the RKBatchtool gave me an error (launcher not installed, or similar),
the tablet disconnected (green square turned white) and is since then bricked....
Any hint what ive might have done wrong or how to revive the Pipo...?

thx in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
186 Posts
hello Roman,
just tried (out of curiosity) your TNT3, everything worked out nicely but then the RKBatchtool gave me an error (launcher not installed, or similar),
the tablet disconnected (green square turned white) and is since then bricked....
Any hint what ive might have done wrong or how to revive the Pipo...?

thx in advance,
Mike
Just try the flashing sequence from the start (tablet should still be able to run in flash mode), but be sure to use "Restore" function in RKBatchTools this time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Reactions: vheadz
201 - 220 of 252 Posts