Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hello Roman,

Just one question - is your modified firmware based on original PIPO_M1_4.1.1.20120824 or PIPO_M1_4.1.1.20120810?

PandaWill should exchange my U30GT for Pipo M1 in a few weeks, so I will definitely try your FW then.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Without getting hold of a calipers and scales , I can't see any difference in thickness between them, and no noticable weight difference either.

The Aoson just sits a little bit more comfortable in the hands in use.
I agree totally about Elijah - I had already given feedback so they didn't give a crap. I was told - 'hello friend - unit was good when we sent it'. When I demanded my 1 year warranty, they stopped replying. disgrace.
Anyway - I opened the unit afterwards (and broke a component on the wifi motherboard!) so it's beyond warranty now

There are pics on this thread if you want to see build quality etc. :
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/36398-speaker-always-on/[/url
I'm refusing to open the M1 as I'll probably break something on that too!

Nice Pics

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hello Roman,

Just one question - is your modified firmware based on original PIPO_M1_4.1.1.20120824 or PIPO_M1_4.1.1.20120810?

PandaWill should exchange my U30GT for Pipo M1 in a few weeks, so I will definitely try your FW then.
Mine was built on: update_PIPO_M1_4.1.1_20120810

Is the 0824 stuff newer/better and if so how?

Cheers,

Roman

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine was built on: update_PIPO_M1_4.1.1_20120810

Is the 0824 stuff newer/better and if so how?

Cheers,

Roman
Of course there is no change log posted on the website - go figure
I've downloaded 20120824 file (it took me 6 hours...), but there is no change log in that file either. So I can only presume there are some fixes made, but I don't know what and if they already aren't covered by your firmware.

File is available on official site if you are interested in checking it:
http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=About&a=gujian_show&id=36

I will write them an e-mail with question about change log, lets see if they answer.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If there are significant changes made we can build a new firmware based on the updated stuff

·
Registered
186 Posts
If there are significant changes made we can build a new firmware based on the updated stuff
I got an answer from them, but it looks like they didn't understood the question about change log
They've sent me new firmware file (different size than 20120824) and RKDeviceManager 1.5, which looks like simplified RKBatchTools (more user friendly). Since I won't have Pipo M1 for at least 3 weeks, I don't have the means to check what this file is. I will PM you the link with it and if you want you can check it. I will also ask again about change log.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i had installed the firmware (2012-08-24) before i tried the one from roman and there are definitely improvements to the one from 2012-08-10. you have some more options in the settings, like screen capture settings and localizations. it would be great to have new tnt and other roms based on these official updates. but i guess that would be taking too much time for the people doing this (thank you, roman!)

on a sidenote, i had the best experience with the latest pipo firmware (2012-08-24) so far. with the jb live wallpaper installed it was less "laggy" than with the tnt firmware. can someone else compare the two?

on another sidenote, i think it's great that pipo released three firmware versions in just about two months. there's either so much to correct or they want to max it out step by step
anyway, keep it coming guys!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
i had installed the firmware (2012-08-24) before i tried the one from roman and there are definitely improvements to the one from 2012-08-10. you have some more options in the settings, like screen capture settings and localizations. it would be great to have new tnt and other roms based on these official updates. but i guess that would be taking too much time for the people doing this (thank you, roman!)

on a sidenote, i had the best experience with the latest pipo firmware (2012-08-24) so far. with the jb live wallpaper installed it was less "laggy" than with the tnt firmware. can someone else compare the two?

on another sidenote, i think it's great that pipo released three firmware versions in just about two months. there's either so much to correct or they want to max it out step by step
anyway, keep it coming guys!
Sounds like I need to get the 08/24 stuff and mod. Does anyone have a high-speed download link I could use?

Reactions: moritzn

·
Registered
497 Posts
currently uploading to my mediafire account. just download the Folder that i will link. the Image file is split into 3parts 001, 002, 003. Due to Mediafire's 200MB upload limit for free account. no big deal though

Will upload tomorrow. don't have time tonight

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Reactions: n83m02 and moritzn

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks for posting the latest firmware. Now I just need the tablet to go with it. A couple more weeks.
Me too, I think it should be here in 2-3 weeks
Remember that this is official ROM, so with Chinese apps and everything. Roman2025 said that he will add the same mods as he did for the first TNT. I can't wait to finally have functioning tablet after all my troubles with 2 (Two) damaged U30GTs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Has anyone managed to download this?
It's re-directing me all over the shop to download managers but nothing seems to actually get the file.
I did, give me few minutes and it will finish upload to Google Docs. Turns out they have send me this file few days ago, but I don't have Pipo M1 to test it, so I didn't know what version it was
Size is smaller and this file probably doesn't contain Chinese apps, since it is branded as "English".

EDIT:
Here is the link on Google Docs for the latest version dated 08.28
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-HM_5Vx6O_LbWtqYVpPOWM3T1U

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks CoreyPL.
new FW has zero Chinese Apps - still has the crappy launcher though.
Will test out tonight and see if there are any obvious changes from the last one.

EDIT : - 1st observation - Flash isn't installed as part of this firmware at all.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts