Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wi-Fi connection is totally slow. Maximum speed is 0.5 to 1Mbs. Other devices on the network works on full speed (5Mbs).
On TNT4 wi-fi worked normally on full speed.
I have this issue also - I notice this when streaming SD or HD videos from my NAS, or reading comics/ pdfs via streaming from my NAS.

It connects ok bu performance - wow I nearly wanted to throw the dmn thing.

Also, since iwconfig an iwlist is included, I was able to determin that the wifi chipset can only report max rate of 65mbps - way off standard N rate of 150
I was RIGHT next to the router when i checked.

IS this an issue with previous release or inherent in the hardware already?
I will try to restore v5 to see when i am able to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have a "feature request" if an update is planned - notice how standard JB/ ICS only has 3 virtual buttons?

Fullscreen apps obscure those into 3 dots that are in the same general area as the defualt Back, Home, Multitask button.

Pipo added virtual volume to the standard though so we have 5 - but when fullscreen apps are in the FG the dots shown are only 3 and in the same relative position of a 3-button layout.

Can an update somehome either:

a. restore 3-button layout so that it matches the faded-out fullscreen layout (i like this since the m1 already has hardware volume buttons

or

b. also make the fullscreen layout 5 buttons.

Or has this already been done?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am having a problem with my daughters new Pipo M1 after flashing this firmware, TNT PiPo Max M1 Firmware - Release 6

The tablet turned up with JB 4.1.1 installed on it, so thought I would install this CFW on to it, flashed ok & booted up fine BUT the tablet does not work, all the keys seem backwards, you press the home button & volume goes up, you press the back button, the volume goes down, try pressing the ok button after it's booted up & does not respond & cannot get into settings.

I have installed M1_software_english version_4.2.2 as well but still the same, has anyone come across this before?

Thanks
Calisto

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.

Can anyone confirm if TNT 6 has the framework file updated or if there are problems with the gameloft games?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hi.

Can anyone confirm if TNT 6 has the framework file updated or if there are problems with the gameloft games?

Thanks!
The Framework file did not get updated. There are multiple reasons why it didn't. As far as I know it only affects one game (asphalt 6) so I have stopped doing the framework change in my roms as I just don't have the additional time it takes
. By and large I have stopped trying to remedy the failings of Gameloft and other app developers like them
. It is an endless chase.

Sorry for the trouble.

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hi,

I am having a problem with my daughters new Pipo M1 after flashing this firmware, TNT PiPo Max M1 Firmware - Release 6

The tablet turned up with JB 4.1.1 installed on it, so thought I would install this CFW on to it, flashed ok & booted up fine BUT the tablet does not work, all the keys seem backwards, you press the home button & volume goes up, you press the back button, the volume goes down, try pressing the ok button after it's booted up & does not respond & cannot get into settings.

I have installed M1_software_english version_4.2.2 as well but still the same, has anyone come across this before?

Thanks
Calisto
My guess is that your tablet is possibly an M1 clone and is using different touch panel hardware. It may be a legitimate M1 but a different version (although I thought PiPo only made one version). You best bet is to get stock firmware from the seller that you bought it from.

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Framework file did not get updated. There are multiple reasons why it didn't. As far as I know it only affects one game (asphalt 6) so I have stopped doing the framework change in my roms as I just don't have the additional time it takes
. By and large I have stopped trying to remedy the failings of Gameloft and other app developers like them
. It is an endless chase.

Sorry for the trouble.

Kind Regards,

Roman
Thanks for the info Romans!
Keep up the great work. Thanks from all of us.
Cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Roman,

Thanks for this CFW 4.2.2 update. Works flawless with my White M1. It's now faster and the battery time is really long now.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks
Calisto
I Have the same problem, it seems the new M1 came with different panel.

I solve the problem with this firmware:
http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=About&a=gujian_show&id=40

If someone can make or explain how to make this rom work with this panel it would be great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Roman,

Thank you for the work.

I Flash my M1 with this ROM, it works quick and fast.
Only two problems, the screen seems not fitting the resolution (seem to be as an wide screen)
An other problem is than the battery is drained in less than 2 hours and the tablet is getting warm, I never noticed this before.
I will try the stock next to see the battery drain with the Stock version.
I was very happy with release 4, but the kids some kind messed-up the tablet with their games from playstore.

Thanx Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still waiting to use my tablet as a pc... but they are starting to get there!

http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=1499

Apparently it should work on pipo m1 too, the only bad thing is that i'm a noob and there are no instructions for beginners...
Something for roman? I believe there are some other smart guys when it comes to android but in my eyes, he is the guy.

Maybe the release 6 can be modified so we get this multiview as well...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Still waiting to use my tablet as a pc... but they are starting to get there!

http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=1499

Apparently it should work on pipo m1 too, the only bad thing is that i'm a noob and there are no instructions for beginners...
Something for roman? I believe there are some other smart guys when it comes to android but in my eyes, he is the guy.

Maybe the release 6 can be modified so we get this multiview as well...
Thanks for the info seems we need a 3.0.36+ kernel for this rom to work, beyond me I'm afraid, hope the developer will produce one for the M1. The list of supported devices is here : http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=1727 and includes the Pipo S1 kernel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info seems we need a 3.0.36+ kernel for this rom to work, beyond me I'm afraid, hope the developer will produce one for the M1. The list of supported devices is here : http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=1727 and includes the Pipo S1 kernel.
Besides I think of myself as a total noob, I tried it and it worked.
I downloaded a rom called rileyrom for the pipo m1 and extracted it. http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/Pip...eyROM_beta.zip
The pipo S1 kernel didn't work for me, the kernel on rileyrom did.
I only changed boot.img and system.img with the ones made for the rk31 for multiwindows. (you can find that one on the site of crewtablets)
Don't remember if I changed the recovery file with the one on the site but I think i didn't.

First thing i noticed was a problem with screen orientation, but that shouldn't be the biggest issue. The problem is that I can't find wifi on it + another thing i didn't find is how to change the apps in the top section: brower, calender, rkvideo,... Maybe we can ask the developper to do some work on the pipo m1. I didn't check on other errors with it.

To install it the way I did: when you changed the boot and system image, open the rom flash tool as an administrator. Then try to reboot to flashmode (you can use your buttons or the tool for it). Next step is to click on ERASE NAND (IDB) and after that is done click on flash rom. (Just loader and backup boxes were UNticked). Then just wait a few minutes.

If you try it you will probably see the same problems I had, but you can change it back to roman's rom...
So glad it appears to be usefull info! If you know more about it or how to solve the problems let me know

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Roman,

Thanks for the ROM! It's pretty sweet.

Except for one deal-breaking bug: The problem with video!

Netflix's video is unusable. It gets all skewed and interlaced with yellow lines and into two boxes, etc.

Vine and Instagram video functionality is completely broke. The video frame goes black on both the apps, but the sound still plays and I'm still able to pause and play with a click.

I flashed the stock 4.2.2 ROM from rockchipfirmware.com and that still had the same problem, so it must be something Pipo left out.

Unfortunately, I'm going back to 4.1.1 until this video problem is solved.

Would anyone know where to get 4.2.1 ROM? I can't find it anywhere...

Thanks,
gannono2

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just received my new Pipo M1 - My first tablet! I flashed the latest ROM and I'm loving the experience.

I also found Netflix unwatchable but searching around found a suggestion to try an older version of Netflix. I deleted the current version, googled Netflix 2.0.2, downloaded and installed. All is good now!

Cheers everyone and thanks Roman.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Roman, great work you've put into that ROM. Everything running real smooth...
But I have problems finding a good tun.ko. Does anyone know where I can get one? My Tablet always freezes when I try the tun.ko flying around in the clouds...

41 - 60 of 61 Posts