1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
*UPDATE* R5b:
-Expanded app partition to 2 GB... really

R5
-Rooted
-Based on stock rom (1217), which was actually release in January. This is the Chinese version of the ROM (chinese versions tend to be better)
-Westernized (no chinese apps, language to English and clock set to EST)
-Build.prop mod for improved market. Further refined build.prop to now reflect Samsung Galaxy SIII
-No More Permissions mods. They cause more trouble than good...
-Removed useless apps. Did leave RK Explorer, RKreader, Bookshelf Widget.
-Added root explorer, superSu, gallery with picasa support, Asus weather widget, ESfile Explorer, Genie Widget, english dictionary fix,
-Swapped out initial background with a branded one... If you hate it, change it

-Improved launcher (using stock JB launcher, same as what was used in Release 3 and 4)
-Prettier and simpler boot animation
-Decided not to muck about with permissions fixes for MicroSD card issues as honestly it seemed to make things worse. If you can't access your MicroSD card, try using ES File Explorer in "root mode". It is easy to do from the settings menu of ES File Explorer.
-Much requested "framework.jar" file has been updated to better support some applications (like Asphalt 7).
-Full init.d support (I think) - This is the only thing I haven't tested.

I have been using this ROM for the last 2 days and thus far everything is lightning quick and stable.

Regards,

Roman

Download: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/ then use the "firmware" button and search for "m1" as the model.

It is currently uploading like right now... another hour at most I think?

PSS - As always, you can support me if you see an advertisement on my site that is GENUINELY interesting (don't click if it isn't). I am support by Google Adsense. Terms of Service for Adsense is that they only want genuinely interested traffic
. So anyhow, you can buy a tablet from us at www.topnotchtablets.com, you can donate directly via paypal, or if (and only if) you see something of genuine interest at rockchipfirmware or TNT you can click on it. Thanks!

Reactions: Balrog

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great rom Roman, slick and fast.
But App partition only 1GB.
Doh... I know what happened. I had to rebuild the rom several times (was having issues) and I bet I forgot to modify the par file the last time through as I totally had to rebuild from stock the for the final build. I will see what I can do.

Thanks for the heads up!

-Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Released 5b... The partition should now be fixed!

-Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
No you don't lose bluetooth, it works fine. I flashed today R5b without any issues fine and smooth.
- bluetooth: ok
- wifi: ok
- external 32gb sdcard: ok
- 2gb partition for apps: ok
Thanks for the detailed report

I have been running R5 (I just stuck with it since I personally don't care about having a 2 Gb app partition, having been doing all of this for 2 years I am never on a single unit long enough to get annoyed by only have 1 Gb =) which is part-n-parcel the exact same rom as R5b except the app partition. Anyhow, haven't had a single complaint yet. I have been most happy with my M1.

ALSO! - Great News! I purchased the game "HORN" which is a graphically intense RPG for android and as of Release 5, the M1 is the FIRST EVER ANDROID TABLET the game would boot-up and run on! Pretty phenomenal

I am wondering what other games now in my repertoire will actually run.

I will say HORN runs kind of rough in parts though. Which is surprising as "better looking" titles like NOVA 3 and Wild-Blood (which uses the same graphics engine) run perfectly smoothly. I think the HORN Devs didn't try to optimize the game performance in the least. Anyhow, it still looks great and runs well enough and is a very good game.

-Roman

Reactions: Balrog
1 - 7 of 7 Posts