Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
where is the 1.1 firmware located? I searched your site and could not find it.
Sent from my Onda Vi40 Elite - Top Notch Tablets Edition using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here it is after many days of slaving
... Enjoy!

http://www.topnotchtablets.com/Vi40eliteUpgrade

Cheers,

Roman
I tried but did not worked on my Onda v1. all is on the wrong side, if I need to unlock the tab I have to muve my finger on the other side of the tab to be able to unlock it, to access the menu, is a hard work. did I do something wrong or you firmware is not compatible with V1?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
where is the 1.1 firmware located? I searched your site and could not find it.
Onda Vi40 Elite - Android 4.0.3 TNT Firmware v9 (04/16/2012) (that is 1.1 based stuff, our internal versioning is v9 but it is built on 1.1 baseware)

It can be gotten from here: http://topnotchtablets.com/A10Firmware

It can be "found" by going to the "product support" drop-down menu and opening up the Onda vi40 Elite page from in there. I need to put product support links on the actual product pages as well

-Roman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here it is after many days of slaving
... Enjoy!

http://www.topnotchtablets.com/Vi40eliteUpgrade

Cheers,

Roman
Hi All, first post from a newbie android slate user. Just wanted to say a massive thank you to you Roman!!!! I was ready to throw my onda vi40 in the bin after not being able to get apps on the tablet, but after following your upgrade, What a Difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is sooooo much better and i can even get apps now. You are a Saint my friend and im now going to recommend this tablet ot others and pretend im a pro by updating their devices. I really cant thank you enough. Sorry if it is off topic a little but hard work should be praised, especially when its making this much difference.
Thanks again

Ric

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I have got new vi40, I believe its a v3 and it seems to be Baseband version 0.8 can I use this firmware to flash it? thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All, first post from a newbie android slate user. Just wanted to say a massive thank you to you Roman!!!! I was ready to throw my onda vi40 in the bin after not being able to get apps on the tablet, but after following your upgrade, What a Difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is sooooo much better and i can even get apps now. You are a Saint my friend and im now going to recommend this tablet ot others and pretend im a pro by updating their devices. I really cant thank you enough. Sorry if it is off topic a little but hard work should be praised, especially when its making this much difference.
Thanks again

Ric
Just noticed a small problem after this update. I can no longer access my external sd cards for my photos :-( Sad that ive got to undo all the good stuff. Maybe someone like me should just go buy an ipad eh?...........

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hi I have got new vi40, I believe its a v3 and it seems to be Baseband version 0.8 can I use this firmware to flash it? thanks
It should work

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Just noticed a small problem after this update. I can no longer access my external sd cards for my photos :-( Sad that ive got to undo all the good stuff. Maybe someone like me should just go buy an ipad eh?...........
There have been some odd issues with the SD card but it could just be a bit different in this firmare. How are you trying to access it exactly?

I usually use ES File Explorer

Go to the "favorites" button, press the little picture of the phone with the "/" underneath to get to root then open the "mnt" folder I think and then "extSD" is the external SD card. Have you tried this?

-Roman

·
Registered
5 Posts
There have been some odd issues with the SD card but it could just be a bit different in this firmare. How are you trying to access it exactly?

I usually use ES File Explorer

Go to the "favorites" button, press the little picture of the phone with the "/" underneath to get to root then open the "mnt" folder I think and then "extSD" is the external SD card. Have you tried this?

-Roman
Yeah, It is one of the first things i tried, Ive gone into a few progs and cant find extSD anywhere. In settings it is recognising the card but photos or music cant be found.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, It is one of the first things i tried, Ive gone into a few progs and cant find extSD anywhere. In settings it is recognising the card but photos or music cant be found.
Well, I know im a total fool, but it might be worth putting this here to help others. I lost my external sd card access but ive just transferred 2 photos onto the sd card via the pc and card reader, insterted the card into the tablet and following romans path given above, I can now access the card. Its still not straight forward to a newbie as you have to get into the mnt folder, but at least its there. If i was smart enough id figure how to change it to be straightforward but my heads hurting now LOL.

·
Registered
165 Posts
hi im using version v9 of this firmware and its fine apart from 1 small issue which is killing the battery, when i hit the power button to put it to sleep it comes back on on its own every few seconds whether i touch anything or not. i have it set to sleep on inactivity but it still does this, any ideas??

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi im using version v9 of this firmware and its fine apart from 1 small issue which is killing the battery, when i hit the power button to put it to sleep it comes back on on its own every few seconds whether i touch anything or not. i have it set to sleep on inactivity but it still does this, any ideas??
I also had v9 and noticed it happening a couple of times. With the tnt update though, it runs sweetly. I know my problem was an app waking the tablet up but so far it hasnt misbehaved with the update.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Well, I know im a total fool, but it might be worth putting this here to help others. I lost my external sd card access but ive just transferred 2 photos onto the sd card via the pc and card reader, insterted the card into the tablet and following romans path given above, I can now access the card. Its still not straight forward to a newbie as you have to get into the mnt folder, but at least its there. If i was smart enough id figure how to change it to be straightforward but my heads hurting now LOL.
There is a program called "linda manager" I think that allows you to make desktop shortcuts out of any folder. So you could put a shortcut directly to the mount folder if you wanted.

-Roman

·
Registered
3 Posts
all applications and settings will be deleted from the device booted up again. I want to download the applications from the market to get enough space warning .. Is there a solution?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
all applications and settings will be deleted from the device booted up again. I want to download the applications from the market to get enough space warning .. Is there a solution?
People keep running into this issue but I have no idea why? None of my customers have experienced and I haven't seen it on any of my device here (I have 3 of them running this firmware). I wish I had a clue as to what was causing it. Some people say it is the busybox install but if that was the case I would think the problem would be consistent across all devices running the software. Obviously it is not?

Anyhow, I am not sure of a program that does what you are looking for. I would guess there is something that has a widget that could sit on the desktop to display free space. Actually I think Elixir 2 or another one of the "Linda" apps might have this. Could give them a go?

Kind Regards and good luck. Sorry you are having the trouble that you are.

-Roman

·
Registered
3 Posts
SD card free space actually seems to look at. This problem also happens to another firmware. firmware you write, but I can say is the best test Spouse. so I wanted to use. If you live with these problems, perhaps you plan to do another version
Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Roman, is this an upgrade to the rom from 4/16/12? If so what changes were made? Thanks

41 - 60 of 77 Posts