Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
This IS based on 1.0 firmware as downloaded from the Onda Website. If you look at the baseband version under settings you will see. 1.0
OK, thank you. I was just looking at the "0.8" that's part of the filename, because I didn't have the time to install it already.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Roman, I have the Onda Vi40 and though I loved the tablet it had many issues. I used the .08 and then the 1.0 Beta and was hoping for an improvement. I must say that your rom has me praising my Onda all over other forums. I am a member of many and enjoy tinkering with these tablets and my Onda is the 6th. My last tablet was an Arnova 10 G2 and was a hohum android tablet that had features that were very good but not a lot of performance. However with a combined effort of rom cookers they have systematically taken this tablet to enormous levels. The latest release was a totally debloated rom that was stripped down to the core. Boot time was split seconds. Then after flashing the best addition was the "App Injector.apk" This app along with a zip file of specifically added apps let you select the ones you personally wanted on your tablet. Then after selecting the app would then install the apps directly to the "root" of the tables, thus eliminating the fragmentation factor. If some of these advancements were able to be added to the Onda Vi40 Elite I truly believe that it would rival the iPad! They welcome any and all developers and are willing to share ideas, just as long as credit is given where credit is due, if you know what I mean.

I absolutly love what you did for my Onda!! The speed and performance is close to my debloated Arnova, but I could only imagine what getting the 4.0ICS to that point would be like.
Thanks again, love the improvements.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,

I've was wondering if this ROM makes my browser go any faster?

Right now, I'm running my Onda Vi40-v3 on stock firmware 1.0. But, the Android browser is terrible; well, every browser is terrible. (Chrome, Dolphin, Opera etc). So slow and always asking you to wait or to quit the program when you try to scroll a webpage... (Booting my desktop computer and starting Chrome is actually more efficient)

Besides that, love the initiative!

Tip: I also use the chainfire OpenGl driver on my Onda. Improves graphics > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1087427 Maybe embed that?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi there,

I've was wondering if this ROM makes my browser go any faster?

Right now, I'm running my Onda Vi40-v3 on stock firmware 1.0. But, the Android browser is terrible; well, every browser is terrible. (Chrome, Dolphin, Opera etc). So slow and always asking you to wait or to quit the program when you try to scroll a webpage... (Booting my desktop computer and starting Chrome is actually more efficient)

Besides that, love the initiative!

Tip: I also use the chainfire OpenGl driver on my Onda. Improves graphics > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1087427 Maybe embed that?
I can't give an 100% true answer, but I think the base of this rom is untouched. So I guess It won't give you any performance boost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
did you use SGS2 script for the market fix? i think it is more acceptable
I just received the vi40 a few days ago and I'm assuming it came pre-loaded with the latest official onda firmware:

android version 4.0.3
baseband version 1.0
kernel version 3.0.8+
build number mid-eng 4.0.3 iml74k 20120308 test-keys

If this is the case, is there a need to apply the market fix? Google play worked fine right out of the box.
OR is the latest official firmware already patched with the market fix?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hi Roman,
thank you for providing this firmware, I cant wait to give it a try!
Are there other custom firmware for the onda vi40 or is yours the only one?
Im curious to see what else is out there.

Thanks!

I just received the vi40 a few days ago and I'm assuming it came pre-loaded with the latest official onda firmware:

android version 4.0.3
baseband version 1.0
kernel version 3.0.8+
build number mid-eng 4.0.3 iml74k 20120308 test-keys

If this is the case, is there a need to apply the market fix? Google play worked fine right out of the box.
OR is the latest official firmware already patched with the market fix?
it depends where you bought the tablet from they might have already done before selling to you best way to know can you see facebook in android market

·
Registered
9 Posts
it depends where you bought the tablet from they might have already done before selling to you best way to know can you see facebook in android market
i just checked google play (aka marketplace) and saw other facebook apps, but not one specifically called 'facebook for android'.
Those that are listed are:

friend me for facebook
facebook smart extras
facebook timeline covers
video to facebook

However, when i googled 'facebook for android' it brought me to the marketplace, and when i tried to install it says 'no compatible device found' even though the onda is in the drop down.
I guess i'm not patched correctly?

·
Registered
597 Posts
i just checked google play (aka marketplace) and saw other facebook apps, but not one specifically called 'facebook for android'.
Those that are listed are:

friend me for facebook
facebook smart extras
facebook timeline covers
video to facebook

However, when i googled 'facebook for android' it brought me to the marketplace, and when i tried to install it says 'no compatible device found' even though the onda is in the drop down.
I guess i'm not patched correctly?
thats correct no market fix installed on your tablet, install the custom rom on here TNT it's already got the fix in, and clean of any chinese apps etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just loaded this tnt firmware and man, it is solid!
The market fix is awesome, so much more apps available!
I like the fact that the image is clean of unneccesary apps and allot of the ones i use are part of the package.
I noticed that the image comes with google chrome beta, however i could not get any flash videos to load on it. I ended up d/l'ing the youtube app which is so much better than the browser interface.

Thanks, Roman!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Flashed the first version of TNT and it did not perform very well so I flashed the new 1.0 official Onda firmware and it was fine for awhile then started lagging and freezing. I flashed the TNT 1.0 new release and it was amazing! Then after 3 days it rebooted and lost almost all apps and the flash memory was full and could not install anything. I re-flashed the TNT firmware again and so far it has been GREAT, thanks so much. Any idea what happened as to why it rebooted and lost the apps? Thanks

Sent from my Onda Vi40 Elite - Top Notch Tablets Edition using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
116 Posts
Try uninstalling busybox then re installing it but when it asks for installation path make sure it's set to /system/bin NOT /system/xbin. I had the same issue and so far this seems to have sorted it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did a reflash of the TNT rom and battery drain is still at 4% every hour on standby.

Also Antutu Benchmark drops from 3000pts at 1152Mhz to 2000pts after an hour of standby. No other apps were run but Wifi was switched On & Off, so that ES Task Manager will show the Wifi as Off, otherwise ES will show that the Wifi is On.

Any one experience the above issues as well?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you callibrated your battery? use one of the free apps in the store.

I've found the battery to be very poorly callibrated, i've just had an issue where my tablet would switch off if it wasnt plugged into a charger due to bad calibration..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yup! Used the Easy Battery Calibration apps before the reflash but didn't help after 3 days. Tried to clean battery stats with CWM, but couldn't reboot into recovery, after installing the N7A script.

At the moment, the Benchmark seems stable at over 3000pts for the last 4 hourly test.

Have you callibrated your battery? use one of the free apps in the store.

I've found the battery to be very poorly callibrated, i've just had an issue where my tablet would switch off if it wasnt plugged into a charger due to bad calibration..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is the below Batt Drain normal? Just did a Batt Calibration and will recharged fully and monitor.

Yup! Used the Easy Battery Calibration apps before the reflash but didn't help after 3 days. Tried to clean battery stats with CWM, but couldn't reboot into recovery, after installing the N7A script.

At the moment, the Benchmark seems stable at over 3000pts for the last 4 hourly test.
Batt Level at 1:57pm 23%

Batt Level at 2:07pm 7%

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Please move to our 1.1 firmware. Most battery drain issues were fixed in this. This firmware is deprectated.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts