·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
111 Posts
Roman,
I am looking at this table to buy. How would you compare this screen for reading vs other tablets currently available?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roman,
I am looking at this table to buy. How would you compare this screen for reading vs other tablets currently available?
The screen is excellent. I prefer a slightly brighter panel if possible but all of the 1920x1200 panels I have seen are about this brightness and have the same "warmer" color temperature. All around, it would be a good device for reading. I read a LOT on my tablets and I find myself most often gravitating to the FNF iFive Mini3 though. It has a slightly brighter panel and it is SUPER THIN and SUPER LIGHT which is what you want when you read (at least I do). Battery life is also excellent on both with the X2 getting about 30 - 45 minutes more battery at most than the Mini3. Both are well over 7 hours though.

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Roman!
thanks for the review, helped me to buy the ifive x2 and flashed it with your ROM.

Out of the topic, since you are an ifive x2 user, I was wondering if you ever tested your battery with Battery Doctor app. I did with mine and it showed that my tablet's maximum capacity is only 2100 mAh, instead of 7000mAh; with voltage 3V. Is there a technical explanation for the difference? Or is it just my tablet. I just got this tablet less than a month. And since last night, while charging, it stopped charging and now it will not charge at all. The wall charger was not lit green anymore, and the usb cable was able to be used for other devices, and I could not charge my tablet via laptop anymore either.

I wonder if the 2100 mAh has something to do with it. I am asking as if this is a faulty product, I am going to proceed with paypal dispute,as I am not getting response from the vendors.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello Roman!
thanks for the review, helped me to buy the ifive x2 and flashed it with your ROM.

Out of the topic, since you are an ifive x2 user, I was wondering if you ever tested your battery with Battery Doctor app. I did with mine and it showed that my tablet's maximum capacity is only 2100 mAh, instead of 7000mAh; with voltage 3V. Is there a technical explanation for the difference? Or is it just my tablet. I just got this tablet less than a month. And since last night, while charging, it stopped charging and now it will not charge at all. The wall charger was not lit green anymore, and the usb cable was able to be used for other devices, and I could not charge my tablet via laptop anymore either.

I wonder if the 2100 mAh has something to do with it. I am asking as if this is a faulty product, I am going to proceed with paypal dispute,as I am not getting response from the vendors.
Sometimes the charger or the cable are defective. Just test with another charger and cable.

Sent from my zp950H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would not think so, as the USB cable is working with other devices. And also tried with other USB cables, and wall charger, nothign worked. Even when connected to the laptop, it says the device malfunctioned and not recognised, where I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.

But can anyone tell me if they have tried the Battery Doctor app, and see what is their battery maximum capacity? I got mine to 2100mAh only.
I have tested this app on my other android devices, got few around here, and all of them got the capacity correctly.
I am just wondering if it is only my tablet or everyone else is having the same problems...

Hope to get a response... specially on the batter max capacity.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use Battery Monitor Widget and the capacity of the battery of my X2 is reported as 7230mAh. It looks to me as a hw issue of your X2.

Good luck - Jo

Gesendet von meinem ifiveX2 mit Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would not think so, as the USB cable is working with other devices. And also tried with other USB cables, and wall charger, nothign worked. Even when connected to the laptop, it says the device malfunctioned and not recognised, where I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.

But can anyone tell me if they have tried the Battery Doctor app, and see what is their battery maximum capacity? I got mine to 2100mAh only.
I have tested this app on my other android devices, got few around here, and all of them got the capacity correctly.
I am just wondering if it is only my tablet or everyone else is having the same problems...

Hope to get a response... specially on the batter max capacity.
Hi,
What Roman has mentioned that FNF has very good build quality and quality control. It is unfortunate that you have such a problem in this otherwise good device. I don't own one but planning to buy one.
Just a suggestion as I saw in some other forum having another device but similar problem was found to have defective micro usb in the device. Just check the terminals of the micro usb if it is charging via micro usb. Otherwise just talk to the vendor and may need return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
What Roman has mentioned that FNF has very good build quality and quality control. It is unfortunate that you have such a problem in this otherwise good device. I don't own one but planning to buy one.
Just a suggestion as I saw in some other forum having another device but similar problem was found to have defective micro usb in the device. Just check the terminals of the micro usb if it is charging via micro usb. Otherwise just talk to the vendor and may need return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using the micro usb charging as connecting it to a pc or laptop you mean? If this is what you meant, then this is the problem. I cannot even connect to the laptop as it is not recognised, so not possible to even charge it.
I agree with Roman, the device is beautiful. Love it. but the charger burnt it. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use Battery Monitor Widget and the capacity of the battery of my X2 is reported as 7230mAh. It looks to me as a hw issue of your X2.

Good luck - Jo

Thanks for replying. I just tried with Battery Monitor Widget, and apparently I only got 2100 mAh. so it is something wrong with my device.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Using the micro usb charging as connecting it to a pc or laptop you mean? If this is what you meant, then this is the problem. I cannot even connect to the laptop as it is not recognised, so not possible to even charge it.
I agree with Roman, the device is beautiful. Love it. but the charger burnt it. Thanks for replying.
I mean the micro USB port on the device could be defective.

Sent from my ZP950H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts

Good luck - Jo

Hi,

Mine shows 3260 mAh in Battery Monitor Widget. However, I do get about 6 hrs gaming time out of it between charges. Usually simple 2d stuff (FF5 lately) though. Is this less than it should be?

Offtopic: anybody know if it's possible to turn off the auto sleep/wake mode using a sleeve with magnet?

Regards, pepvk0

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've got the x2 and it's pretty good but a bit laggy!!!(particularly when waking from sleep and switching between apps)

Just bought the ramos i9 and it kicks it's arse.its got the intel z2580 2.0ghz pretty much the same as the samsung galaxy tab 3 but the samsungs a little slower (with the z2560)...No lag at all good multi tasking,waking from sleep and it's got a better gpu as well..just thought I'd share...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got the x2 and it's pretty good but a bit laggy!!!(particularly when waking from sleep and switching between apps)

Just bought the ramos i9 and it kicks it's arse.its got the intel z2580 2.0ghz pretty much the same as the samsung galaxy tab 3 but the samsungs a little slower (with the z2560)...No lag at all good multi tasking,waking from sleep and it's got a better gpu as well..just thought I'd let you know...
Ive been using the ifive mini 3 for the last few weeks and noticed the same thing regarding lag - that's my only negative with the tablet, everything else is great. If your x2 is rooted, one thing to help with the lag is to install No-Frills CPU Control from the Play store and set the i/o scheduler to noop. I think ifive uses slow flash memory on their tablets and that bottlenecks things a bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks tech7 I'll give it a go...i do still like the x2 its just the lag is frustrating...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts