Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just received a response, I sent them a e-mail:'All stock is in the UK. Shipping is ?11.99 using Royal Mail Airsure. It's pretty quick to spain, and that's an insured signed for service.Yes, apad, irobot etc are some of the other names of this device.Best regardsThe Tablet Store Team'

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Diegan link=topic=747.msg5980#msg5980 date=1275922831]It looks promising, but I hate when an online store has fake reviews:The 2 reviews that this device have:Thu 3 2010, 12:44 PMby AnonymousThu 3 2010, 12:43 PMby Anonymous Hehe, 1 minute of difference
[/quote]I hadn't noticed that - yes that is very poor

·
Registered
46 Posts
After talking to them, I do believe they are knowledgeable about chinese market and they are selling the real deal. I have bought one. I will tell you how did it went, it is a little more expensive, but I will dodge customs issues (I am from Spain, the store from UK).

·
Registered
27 Posts
GuysI bought my device through them ... I bought a version 1 that has since developed a flaw. They have offered me a V2 replacement as soon as it arrives on Friday PLUS I get to keep this one until then. Plus I collected in person and met the man behind it and all I can say is Im glad I bought local! If it had been from China I would be stuffed!So, from my point of view ALL GOOD

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have also ordered one from this place albeit via ebay. Even though I haven't received it yet I have to say the experience of dealing with this site has been very good. They are very responsive and anyone pre ordering one from them are getting update emails every day as to the current status. I'm hoping I will get mine next week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, I think the user who bought one was called RottenAppple but that post was obviously one that was lost. I remember s/he said it was near Hainault tube but I can't remember more than that

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all, I recently purchased an Apad from tabletstoreuk and here is how it went.....I placed my order via ebay on the 7th of june for a pre-order of their next batch of stock which was due in on the 11th June. Unfortunately customs held the stock over and the delivery date got pushed back. Not really their fault and I guess it is the chance you take on an overseas pre-order.The company kept customers up to date with how things were going, via email and via their website. I also got in contact via email and they responded within a few hours. Massive thumbs up to them.I received my order yesterday, 1st July, so almost a month after ordering. However, had I ordered from China it would have been around 3 weeks anyway.I have bought loads of things from abroad and am used to longer delivery times (annoying as they may be) so for me this was NO problem. As to the Apad, well, it came with the Archos Firmware loaded (so NO chinese symbols) and is running smooth. I charged it up and played on it for around 4-5 hours before it run out and needed charging again. Main gripes are the poor wifi signal. I have to stay within sight of my router or it just drops out. Maybe the company should list this as it is a potentially important selling point for many!Anyhoo, I would recommend this company to anyone in the UK or around Europe!:DRegardsRiki

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote name='riki1kenobi;12829]Hi all' date=' I recently purchased an Apad from tabletstoreuk and here is how it went.....I placed my order via ebay on the 7th of june for a pre-order of their next batch of stock which was due in on the 11th June. Unfortunately customs held the stock over and the delivery date got pushed back. Not really their fault and I guess it is the chance you take on an overseas pre-order.The company kept customers up to date with how things were going, via email and via their website. I also got in contact via email and they responded within a few hours. Massive thumbs up to them.I received my order yesterday, 1st July, so almost a month after ordering. However, had I ordered from China it would have been around 3 weeks anyway.I have bought loads of things from abroad and am used to longer delivery times (annoying as they may be) so for me this was NO problem. As to the Apad, well, it came with the Archos Firmware loaded (so NO chinese symbols) and is running smooth. I charged it up and played on it for around 4-5 hours before it run out and needed charging again. Main gripes are the poor wifi signal. I have to stay within sight of my router or it just drops out. Maybe the company should list this as it is a potentially important selling point for many!Anyhoo, I would recommend this company to anyone in the UK or around Europe!:DRegardsRiki[/QUOTE'] Pretty much my entire experience with them too. Excellent service. I have the same issues with wifi on the machine but other than that it's pretty damn good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mkpatrick;12956 said:
Pretty much my entire experience with them too. Excellent service. I have the same issues with wifi on the machine but other than that it's pretty damn good.
I have had the same experience with them as everybody else. :DThey are very professional and keep you updated on progress :DSimilar problem with WiFi very low signal strength :(Infinidim :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rockchip page here Rockchip - Windows tablet PC & Android tablets - Cheap handheld mobile & multitouch internet ipad alternativesTo be honest we are probably going to cease selling Rockchip devices soon. There is so much more on the market that is better manufactuerd, higher performing and close on price that it hardly seems worth it. They were kind of the birthplace of the Shenzhen tablet market but as far as the 2808 goes, if Rockchip want a slice of the party they will have to do better real soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts