Android Tablets Forum banner

This is interesting...Kohl's CS and the BLACK Novel

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bmurphr1 
#1 ·
When I went up to Kohl's this afternoon to reserve two more Novels (one for my parents and one to sell on eBay for 3x what it's really worth) the customer service lady informed me that the models that are being shipped back to the store are going to be the Black models instead of the white model, and it will also have 2GB of storage instead of the original 1GB. I'm not entirely sure if I believe her, but I did scan the raincheck to reflect what she had to say about it:http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9457/raincheck2.jpgI highly doubt she was right, but I would be beside myself with joy if I did end up getting the black Novel for the sale price.

#2 ·
They may be black cases with current hardware. Keep us posted... I f not i will be PISSED!!!

#4 ·
The only thing I had was a yellow sticky note that said "30% off = SAVEINJUNE" which was the online code, and the girl at the CS counter said that she only needed to make sure I knew the code, and just wrote the 30% coupon on the raincheck. I don't even have to pay with my Kohl's card like it says online, I can pay for both of them with just my normal debit card, and then I can send the $15 rebate x 2 off and get an extra $15 off each device, bring my total down to $111.99 - $15 = $96.99. For a 7 inch tablet running Android 2.0 that's just phenominal, even more so once we get this thing rooted properly. I couldn't even fathom wanting an Eken M001 with this thing about to be re-released.

#5 ·
I can verify this. I went to kohls tonight and did the same thing. I told them I talked with CS they told me to come in store for rebate (even through I did not). The person at the desk wrote color of black (hoping I get the better version). She also noted the price at 159.99 so I am hoping they sell it to me at 159 and then I can also mail in the rebate for 15 more. They also noted the 30% online coupon at 30% off I also wrote it on a peice of paper and brought it in with me. I have them write a quantity of 2 I think I am going to go to another kohls and do the same thing and grab a bunch of these and sell on ebay for a good profit.

#7 ·
Be careful w/ speculation. I predict they don't honor the rainchecks. That said, I rcd two...

#8 ·
I've never had a problem with getting Kohl's to honor my rainchecks, and I'm a regular shopper at our local store. Back during the holidays I had a raincheck for a GPS unit that was on sale for $139.99 but ended up being about $71 after discounts. CS had to get the store manager to apply the discount to the purchase which took about 15 minutes to actually find her, but they honored the 33% off coupon and a $20 off coupon that was past expiration. Turns out the car adapters that came with the device were prone to overheating and could possibly catch fire so I had to wait about 2 weeks for them to come back in stock. Didn't get hassled any at all though...Kohl's is a very reputable store around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.