Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya folks!well i've been surfing around ebay and i came across this cute little tablets. i've been wanting to get a tablet for a while now but the ipad prices are just so ridiculous. i'm looking for a tablet just so i can surf the web, listen to my music, and read my ebooks. i've been reading around and i keep getting mix reviews on this little guy. so i have a few questions i'm hoping someone could answer...1. i see there's a lot of firmware out for this tablet but i'm not sure which one is the best to use. so which firmware would you suggest and why?2. ok so if i choose not to update the firmware will this tablet be decent for the task i'm wanting to use it for?3. i've also been watching the reviews of this tablet on youtube and i'm curious...does the android marketplace work on these tablets?thanks for reading

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ill try to answer your questions:1) Im currently using Relax by lefeudedieu because of it speeding the tablet up quite a bit. Also it makes the Market work. And has a nice skin.2) With its original firmware possibly, but the risk of bricking the device is so little that there is no real reason for not flashing it with better, custom firmware.3) As answered in 1), it works perfectly in Relax 1.9.6. It didnt work with original firmware and Vestinious, though. There are ways to make it run, but reflashing the device with Relax or the future release of Mr. Calvers and lefeudedieus "hybrid" of Relax/Vestinious is much easier.Also its worth noting that my tablet has quite a static in its sound, quite a lot hearable in headphones. Wi-fi makes the speaker say gibberish and there can be some junk heard when the music player switches between songs (tested with two music players).Please, note that Im talking about M002 tablet, not sure if M001 suffers from the same kind of problems or if my M002 is defective. But those problems are stuff one could expect from a device that cheap.Anyway, both Mr. Calver with Vestinious and lefeudedieu with Relax give the tablet completely different, much more pleasant feel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a version of Relax for the M001. (I did not know there was one for the M002!) It works great for me with the exception of Pandora. As long as you can accept that speed will not be the fastest, and the touchscreen scrolling is an art, you should be happy given the price... Great for e-book reading, good for surfing, and mearly acceptable for sound. I sometimes get static (in my earphones) in quiet sections and between songs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've gotten a few just because of the fact that there are different firmwares to experiment with.I hardly think you'll regret getting one especially at the price. I'd recommend getting the M002 if you have the cash. It looks and functions a tad better (in my experience). I'm working on a custom FW for mine since I just got a replacement after frying the last one I picked up. The joy is experimenting with firmware. I've used the official (didn't really like it) and am on Ecotox right now. I do like Ecotox as it's much faster than official upgraded FW. I'll be working with all of them tonight to see which one I like best. Grab one and have a blast, for the price, you can't go wrong.Regards,rast4man

·
Registered
100 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.