Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have installed regular eng. 530 rom - this works so far for my requirements... - but sadly USB 3G network support doesn't work (seems to be a netlock on the apad) - also can't connect to WIFI with hidden SSID! "SSID enabler" from market doesn't work...would be fine this could be fixed in future firmware releases or our rom cookers could have success :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gevrik;8172 said:
It depends on what you use your aPad for. Just read the descriptions of each ROM to see which would fit your needs best.
i want it to reed ebooks, browsing, multimedia files playing.I meant not the features. I mean the stability of the three big firmwares (0530,custom v3 or hybrid 3.5)greetz muggi

·
Registered
324 Posts
The original firmware will be fine for what you will use your aPad for (so the one that it comes with or 0530). I am using the stock firmware that my slate arrived with and have not seen a reason to flash it yet - and I use it for the same things that you want to use it for. :)Plenty of ebook reader applications on the market, the pre-installed Chrome is all you need for browsing (get Skyfire from market if you want an alternative) and there are a lot of video players for Android now. Check the Applications forum for some more discussion on which apps to use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm using the Hybrid 3.5 firmware and I'm happy that I flashed it...The apad runs a lot faster and also most apps work as intended because the orientation has been fixed..I highly recommend the firmware because it makes the apad faster and more functional!! Just my opinion hope it helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.