Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, I just read about this. Don't know if I want to get the 4.3in though or the 7in. They both sound good to me in specs. Think I might have a little collection of tablets by the time this is all said and done lol ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
They are not available yet, just announced.I was looking at the previously announced 3.2" one for a portable media player. But the new 4.3 one looks like it may be a better choice for that.I have also been looking to replace the Archos 7HT I got my mother to use as an e-reader, because she wants something that will run the Kindle/Nook/Borders apps, and was leaning towards the Cruz Reader, but the Archos 70, while a bit pricier (~$70 more), may be a better choice, will have to wait and see more after the Cruz is out and when the Archos devices will actually ship.I have been really looking forward to the Cruz Tablet, but the Archos 101 with the 10.1" screen is really making me rethink that. I just wish it had an external mic port like the Cruz Tablet does.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='nvrpayretail;48838]I'll reserve my enthusiasm until I see prices!! :)[/QUOTE] [url=http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/31/archos-unleashes-five-five-new-android-froyo-tablets-we-go-h/]Archos unleashes five (five!) new Android Froyo tablets' date=' we go hands-on -- Engadget[/url']$100,$150,$200,$275,$300

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
movedBecause the PDN is the current hotness, and posting under that forum gets the most eyes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;48888]Wait' date=' now it looks like I'm saying Archos is the best forum, and that is simply not [URL=true.:mad]true.:mad[/URL]:[/QUOTE'] Go back and do a EDIT* and put, "Not this forum, for the time being"

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote name='Tecumseh;50324]will these Archos Tablets have option for upgrading Android OS to newer version' date=' and will they also support Windows CE?[/QUOTE'] Maybe upgradeable, but 3.0 and hardware requirements are far away yet, 2.1/2.2 (depending on what they have on them when they ship, 2.2 all of them will have.) is what they come with. 99.9% chance windows ce will never be seen on a Archos product.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[quote name='thcrw739;51534]Maybe upgradeable' date=' but 3.0 and hardware requirements are far away yet, 2.1/2.2 (depending on what they have on them when they ship, 2.2 all of them will have.) is what they come with. 99.9% chance windows ce will never be seen on a Archos product.[/QUOTE'] Thanks for your answer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.