Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me share some information I have on the Zenithink ZT-180 status. There are a lot of people asking us about the availability of the device as apparently there are some ebay sellers started to ship the product.The below is a notice we send to our customers:-We had received our batch of the devices last week. the devices are all pre-installed with Windows CE instead of Android 2.1. We understand that this will definitely upset our customers therefore we did not ship these products. The manufacturer told us to hold on to our inventory and they will provide us the Android firmware later to be upgraded to these devices. However we insisted to return the first batch of devices to them as we are worried about hardware compatibility. Then few days ago, we noticed that there is a leakage of the ZT-180's development Android firmware and there are people upgrading the firmware themselves and there are some major issues with the Wi-Fi module, it is overheated and signal strength is very weak. The second batch of these devices will have an improved Wi-Fi module installed according to the manufacturer.Those ebay listing might just be a custom firmware upgrade of the first batch device therefore we will advise not purchase until the stable release is confirmed. The manufacturer had informed us that their stable release will be available by end of July and there are source saying on 21st of July. We will ensure that there is no real issues before we shipped out the devices. We have tested the Win CE version and it does have issue with Android. Is there anyone else received their Windows CE version and has successfully upgraded to Android 2.1? Anyone else is able to load a custom android firmware into the first batch device with full functionality?

·
Registered
45 Posts
shenit;20146 said:
We have tested the Win CE version and it does have issue with Android. Is there anyone else received their Windows CE version and has successfully upgraded to Android 2.1? Anyone else is able to load a custom android firmware into the first batch device with full functionality?
What I've seen in the shops, no. I got to fiddle with two units running android. One kept rebooting randomly and the other had a "plaid" screen of lines on it after I opened a few apps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
From the reports from the various retails and the some of the device manufacturers it appears that the problem with the android device is more about either stability or performance... as for an idea, i'll quote what one of the retailers said: (based on questions about the Seabright MW102 Internet tablet)
kindly tell you the O/S system android 2.1 we tested proved it is unsteadiness,so we changed is windows CE 6.0.other configuration is remain,please confirm.
also i exchanged a few emails with this rep (not the same one mentioned in a previous post) and ultimately the rep just told me to go to the official android homepage. ( http://www.android.com/ )

·
Registered
3 Posts
aikmanr;22153 said:
I got mine yesterday with WinCE on it... which really sucks.Any clue on how I could go about flashing it and putting on Android?
Ditto. Although CE defo has some big advantages over Android it is not as slick and sexy and defo no where near as pretty.Been told by my seller to hang in there as they are expecting v2.2 to come to them soon which they will then distribute on CD.Have to say I am not holding my breath and would prefer to just be able to download and reflash with a known working Android myself. :)Also wish I could find a cure for my impulse buying syndrome. Who knows maybe this experience is it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.