Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Okay there's a lot of confusion over who is actually selling the Apad we are all talking about. I'll keep a list up to date for a little while. If you guys can contribute, that would be great. I'm choosing sources based on what I've seen of the Apad iRobot, and what I think the reliability of the store is. MerimobilesMoonse APAD E7001 android +front fascing camera+free caseOfficial supplierAliExpress Hiapad.comEMS shipping3rd Party (in no alphabetical order)AliExpress Miss Wang (discuss here)Wholesale-7" Apad MID Android Rockchip iRobot Tablet PC UMPC EPAD HDTouch Screen Android OS WiFi Camera G sensor FREEAndroidOSTablet (ships from Shanghai)Android Tablet is the next generation portable device!HouseofDAPhttp://www.houseofdap.com/e7001-android-mid-7-inch-touch-screen-rockchip-wifi-bluetooth.htmlJT ShopMoonse E7001 7 , 2GB , G-Sensor , 720P , Wifi ,Webcam moonse E7001 7 , 4GB , G-Sensor , 720P , Wifi ,android tablet [E7001-2GB] - $185.00 : JTSHOPMP4NationRockchip RK2808 7″ MID 'APAD' In Stock Now! | MP4 Nation BlogTabletStoreUK (discuss here)Rockchip 7 inch Android Tablet (Apad / iRobot) - Tablets - The Tablet StoreDiscount code "rocky" ?6.95 off from midijay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome site, really helped me with my decision of which tablet i should buy, anyway...Like the title says crossed my fingers and placed an order with dealextreme. Let everyone know how it turned out when the package comes in.Thank you for your help, hope i can help out as well by letting everyone know about dealextreme

·
Registered
39 Posts
hiyou can buy here:http://tabletstoreuk.com/use the coupon code "rocky" to get a discount equivalent to free shipping in the uk. we ship worlwide so international buyers will get a ?6.95 discount.I'd just like to say that in terms of 'official' manufacturer and such wording, there really is no such thing in china for most of the shenzhen electronic consumables. There aren't many companies that can finance the entire process of producing a product.There'll be dozens if not hundreds of people selling this product claiming to be the manufacturer and all of them are just sales agents that sell all sorts of things. Their skill is speaking English and reaching the global market. Often they'll create brand names or support websites that add authenticity to their claims, but they have no control over the product spec or its production. You can find plenty of them on the chinese shopping sites or on the trade portals. And even the term manufacturer is blurry in China. What there is, is assembly lines. There'll be several of these too. If you have some spare cash you could start your own and make anything you like. And there's no inherent quality control on those lines usually. So only an agent that cares will place their own quality control personnel into the factory. And that costs money so that doesn't happen often.Behind the scenes you have all the roots of the operation. The design house, a company that makes the moulds for the plastic parts and various suppliers of all the different bits. And when it comes to putting it all together because the whole project wasn't started under one roof the completed product can vary from batch to batch, hopefully with no noticeable difference in the end product.So what consumers need is for a Western company to understand China, have relationships with local agents not affiliated with the factory, and ideally have a working relationship with the design house. And we do.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hiapad.com is being run by the actual manufacturer of the Apad iRobot device. I believe they have a deal for the Rockchip RK2808 boards that are in the Apads from one of the Rockchip partners. Specifically they are the ones who are gathering the materials including the plastic hosing, the majority of the components, and takes care of the assembly. Not sure what else they do. They do not make the board the Rockchip is on. I last heard that Moonse did do some assembly on their own, so Moonse branded Apads might as well be different quality since they actually are from a rebranding company. They have their own assembly operations, not sure if outsourced or in house. Anyways you seem to know your stuff. You probably know the industry better than I do. I'm just an end-user. * * *Updated tabletstoreuk if there are no objections. Also JT shopIs there discount codes for any of these shops?

·
Registered
2 Posts
[quote name='moku160;9214]Awesome site' date=' really helped me with my decision of which tablet i should buy, anyway...Like the title says crossed my fingers and placed an order with dealextreme. Let everyone know how it turned out when the package comes in.Thank you for your help, hope i can help out as well by letting everyone know about dealextreme[/QUOTE'] Unfortunately my phone broke and had to get a new one, so i had to cancel my order with dealextreme... But ordered a Motorola Backflip (with android) refurbished from AT&T for $100 w/ contract extension and no data plan. So I am still pretty happy. Sorry i wont be able to contribute about dealextreme though

·
Registered
880 Posts
abeltcb i think you tried to quote THIS LINK but messed up the copy/paste somehow?Emily WANG took my order promptly but disregarded my coice of the delivery service at first but replied promptly to my messages.I hope they give me what i ordered ^^

·
Registered
22 Posts
[quote name='xaueious;8950]Okay there's a lot of confusion over who is actually selling the Apad we are all talking about. I'll keep a list up to date for a little while. If you guys can contribute' date=' that would be great. I'm choosing sources based on what I've seen of the Apad iRobot, and what I think the reliability of the store is. [b']3rd Party (in no alphabetical order)[/b]AliExpress Miss Wanghttp://www.aliexpress.com/product-g...creen-Android-OS-WiFi-Camera-wholesalers.htmlQUOTE]This is the screen shot that I ordered from her. I got this from my apad

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered 5 Metalic Camera Apad to get free shipping. Now, I have 3 in hand. I will sell it to you guys @ 165 each + Shipping. (The item is currently located in USA) I would upgrade to which ever firmware before I ship it out. (Only ship to US and Canada) If interested, please contact me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.