Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, the day has come! The new update has come from augen!features:new splash screen (android bot guy), new buttons on top notification bar (volume, home, back, etc)factory resetgoogle apps are ALL gone...very sad news indeed

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
run the pdn market hack.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
thanks I looked earlier today it wasn't there yet.Hopefully, it either has screen capture or we still have root and can install rocap2.I'll write up a way to use some backup apps to save the apks of the apps you already have so you can reinstall them without having to download them again.Short version.install APKopticopen it press menupress save all to sdcardES file manager can backup also.goto application manager instead of file managerLong press to open actions press select allLong press to open actions again select backup

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote name='haus;40484]I jumped in feet first' date=' not realizing it would wipe some apps. Any chance a kind soul would upload them and post a link?[/QUOTE'] just google them and download

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I'll do a nanroid backup first and try this out. If I can't get google apps (specially market) to work again, then I'm going to revert back. Someone will probably do an update.zip with the new functions anyways (hopefully).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
boy this new augen update is a epic faillthe update deleted all my google appsit deleted cell phone stuff from task bar but device still says cell phone battery standby time is usedall the stock apps that I deleted that came with the device reloaded themselves back up and CANNOT be deletedruns slower than before even with set cpu and auto memory managerbright side:built number is:update 1 ECLAIRit have volume control/back keydoes have a slide to activate like the iphone when you boot it upI REPEAT! DO NO UPDATE YOUR DEVICE!

·
Registered
85 Posts
if you haven't done the update yet DON'T. the update flashes new recovery.img, boot.img and system.img.which means if you had clockwork installed it wont be installed after the update. i'm in the middle of creating an update.zip that will give you the update w/ root and all the google apps still installed. i might not have it finished tonight but i'm working on it.[QUESTION]people that have done the update please check your wifi mac address to see if that issue has been fixed yet and let us know

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
linckraker;40527]if you haven said:
update.zip[/B] that will give you the update w/ root and all the google apps still installed. i might not have it finished tonight but i'm working on it.[QUESTION]people that have done the update please check your wifi mac address to see if that issue has been fixed yet and let us know
wait so I am screwed?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.