Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have an eken right now and I have enjoyed it very much, but I decided to order an "apad" and see what it has to offer, I'm mostly interested in a better youtube experience and web surfing speed. One thing I can't find in the reviews though is the screen quality compared to the Eken, does it suffer from the same "screen effect at the bottom" like the eken does, those of you who have an Eken know what I mean, also is it only 256 colours like the Eken.Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I originally bought the eken and when it arrived it had a crack in the screen from one side to the other ( the manufactuer places the devise in its box with the screen facing outward, practically touching the box surface, and then the seller sent it wrapped only in shipping paper, no wonder it didn't make it from China) so I cant give you a side by sine comparison. I can tell you the color on this is beautiful! there is no gradation in the shades of color. it is perfectly smooth. So I would say that this is higher than 256. Now the downside, the only way I know to play toutube videos on this is to install skyfire, which is a browser, and it will not play them in full screen, only a small 2"x3" (estimating) box. I am looking forward to a youtube player in the future, which is inevitable.

·
Registered
324 Posts
[quote author=Mikeami link=topic=403.msg3492#msg3492 date=1275253232]Now the downside, the only way I know to play toutube videos on this is to install skyfire, which is a browser, and it will not play them in full screen, only a small 2"x3" (estimating) box. I am looking forward to a youtube player in the future, which is inevitable. [/quote]Install Youtube.apk then open a video. When it starts playing the video in a small corner of the screen only, press the HOME button to go to the HOME screen. Then press and hold the HOME button until the application switcher pops up. Tap the Youtube ivon in that window and watch your video in full-screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts