Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say thanks to all of the work that the people here have put into making this all happen. This is my first Android device and I am having a blast with it so I want to do my part but my knowledge is very limited in this area. Does anyone have any recommended reading or anything that will help me be able to contribute. I hate just riding on everyone else.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Don't worry about lurking & learning. That is partly why many of us are here. You will get your chance to contribute. Keep lurking & sooner than later a post will appear that you can contribute to. I don't think anyone is counting questions vs contributions. Actually, just saying a process worked or failed for you or seconding a recommendation is helpful. Cheers,kev

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I am like Santa Claus... I'm keeping a list, checking it twice... I know questions vs contributions and you are all FREELOADERS!!! Just kidding. Mostly :-DPeople should feel very comfortable lurking. That's how you get to be like me - marginally capable but able to fake your way into positions of authority. It really would be a nice idea if we were to flood Pandigital into releasing the kernel/source. That is a good use for newbie power. If 5,000 of us asked for it, they might decide to post it somewhere.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sweet Santa Claus does exist
Where do I send my list for this year? Oh an is a Tesla Roadster too much for the sleigh to carry?I know Rudolph's been hitting the weights. Lol J/K

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I said I was LIKE Santa, not that I'm... Wait... Just affix two stamps and cram it up your... I'll give you a tesla roadster about 6 weeks after your fatal heart attack. Santa don't play. >:p

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would say, just post anything you think may be strange or a bug as it may help some of the more techie people figure things out. Like when I realized the notification bar only worked after doing the power off/cancel thing. I'm sure someone will figure out why that works and post an app that activates the notification bar, right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also wanted give a big Thank You to all of you how regularly post to this forum. I don't normally hack or root my electronics because I have no programming knowledge. I didn't even know what a Pandigital Novel was a week ago. It was only because of a Bed, bath and Beyond ad as well as a Google search leading me here that I thought I would give it a try. Nate's directions were great. It took me a little bit of poking around before I could get the driver to install but that's because I'm using Windows 7. Unlike the older versions, the default mode is to do everything for you that it possibly can before giving you the option to "look there for the driver." Panda and the Volume button hack worked perfectly! It took a bit of poking around to get other apps to install using the command line (I've never been a DOS person) but I discovered I could open a command line prompt on my unzipped Hack-The-Novel folder. Then I simply had to type "ADB install" and the the apk file I wanted. Even better was the person who suggested using Drop Box! YES! Do this! I was able to update with the new firmware - thanks to the person who posted the file, reinstall the volume hack and Panda as well as the dropbox.apk file. Super easy! Now I just stick any new apps I want into the Dropbox file.I'm loving this little tablet. It's not perfect but it's fun to play with.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
It is the closest to perfect we have right now. I'm told Apple is going to make the full anti-android push with cameras on the nextgen ipod touch, and a new generation of slates is coming.

·
Registered
61 Posts
[quote name='gydnew;22482]I also wanted give a big Thank You to all of you how regularly post to this forum. I don't normally hack or root my electronics because I have no programming knowledge. I didn't even know what a Pandigital Novel was a week ago. It was only because of a Bed' date=' bath and Beyond ad as well as a Google search leading me here that I thought I would give it a try. Nate's directions were great. It took me a little bit of poking around before I could get the driver to install but that's because I'm using Windows 7. Unlike the older versions, the default mode is to do everything for you that it possibly can before giving you the option to "look there for the driver." Panda and the Volume button hack worked perfectly! It took a bit of poking around to get other apps to install using the command line (I've never been a DOS person) but I discovered I could open a command line prompt on my unzipped Hack-The-Novel folder. Then I simply had to type "ADB install" and the the apk file I wanted. Even better was the person who suggested using Drop Box! YES! Do this! I was able to update with the new firmware - thanks to the person who posted the file, reinstall the volume hack and Panda as well as the dropbox.apk file. Super easy! Now I just stick any new apps I want into the Dropbox file.I'm loving this little tablet. It's not perfect but it's fun to play with.[/QUOTE'] Agree with everything here ^. I now visit this forum daily to keep up to date on all the new goodies with which we can enable the PDN
Oh, I gave my iPad to my bf. The PDN is much more fun to poke around with. Look at that, true geekery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.