Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to be a slightly slow Via 8505-based tablet. I borrowed it from a coworker until my new tablet arrives.It keeps registering false presses on the touch screen. Is there maybe an updated firmware that would fix this? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had calibrated it not long before I noticed the problem.After a reboot it was working fine again; so it wasn't anything serious.Generally, I find this tablet kind of crappy. 1) I haven't yet been able to get any video to play all the way through. The video will freeze and the sound keeps on going.2) It has no dedicated 'menu' button or 'back' button. There are 'soft' buttons at the top of the UI, but they can't always be used if an app takes over the entire screen. I would prefer to have real hard buttons for 'home', 'menu', 'back', volume up and volume down.3) The CPU seems slow; not much better than the Eken M001.4) The battery life is terrible. This is a loaner from a coworker who wasn't using it any more, so it's not new, but still I am only getting 1 hour of battery life from it.If you want a cheapo tablet, I would say the Eken M001 is a better deal. Both tablets are slow, but the Eken is easier to live with in every other detail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.