Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tethering my eKen to my rooted phone was really big on my list I got my eken yesterday and its already rooted ann running a few apps the first thing i tried to do was to tether it but the eken won't/can't see the phone. I hope someone figres ot out. Ill try and help but very much the noob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MyWi --- Notebook ---OKMyWi --- Eken ---- FailWith me notebook I get normal connection via the iPhone but the Eken Don't even see the network.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone know how to do it with a Blackberry? I can do it with usb cable on laptop, or bluetooth to Nokia 770. Problem is, to pc it looks like a usb modem. Don't think that'll work with pad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you want to communicate over wireless to another device you need a device in master mode (aka it acts like an AP), then both of you need to be on that network. You can also put your wireless card into master mode and make it act like an AP.So adhoc just doesn't work, give up and configure a wireless router on your laptop or use one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote name='shamus;9346]Sadly' date=' i can?t understand your explanation.Can you reprase please?.[/QUOTE']Android does not support adhoc networks. Use a router based network, either your wireless router, or make your laptop into a router.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts