Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed the latest test firmware from the Pandigital support site PR73_A_BN_W_A_C_01142012. it installed and OpenNova root worked like a charm. While I was playing around I noticed something I hadn;t before. Under Manage Applications, there is an option for default location. It gives you the option to install on the internal user space, or to the external microsd. I do not remember seeing this option before. I tested it and it works like a charm.

Was I blind before? Has this always been there?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes it has been a part of the Nova setup from day one. I just checked on my early setup.

Thanks for the info on the latest Nova OP ROM will download and do the test process as well. PD is making some really nice hardware pretty great. Wish my buttons where a little less flaky.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No big differences I can see with this firmware exceopt maybe WiFi loads a hair faster. Haven't benchmarked it yet. I am doing a condition cycle on mt battery right now. Last run I got 6 hours of vid with the Wifi on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm guessing there's 2 different variations of the Nova. Yours appears to be a R70F400. I personally have a R70F452 and noticed there's a new test firmware for that model dated as being added 12/16/2011. Any other findings that might warrant me even bothering to flash this to my device?

Yikes just realized I said the file was added in 2001. That would have been impossible. Corrected it. lol

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'm guessing there's 2 different variations of the Nova. Yours appears to be a R70F400. I personally have a R70F452 and noticed there's a new test firmware for that model dated as being added 12/16/2001. Any other findings that might warrant me even bothering to flash this to my device?
No there is only one version. The R70F identifies the Nova, the 4XX identifies the reseller, Best Buy, QVC, etc.... . When you run the update from your Nova you get the same version I do. The odd numbered 451 and 453 are the Kindle versions. The Supernova is R80B. I am assuming the 2012 date in the naming scheme is the planned go live date if it proves stable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts