Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looks like a good buy it should fly at this resolution.Can't go wrong at that price..

Let us know what you think of it when you get it..eg the battery life, screen, build quality, wifi, and mic performance...

You can get the p89s for $170 if you don't want gps or a back camera.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
yes g pad does look good, a little better cpu snapdragon 600. But i live in australia and the cheapest I can find here is $339 A$. the one I really would luv to have is the newly released samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 snapdragon 800 http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/tablets/galaxy-pro/SM-T320NZWABTU thats definately faster than the intel but it's $399 US and it's not release here in australia yet.Plus I bet when it is it's going to be closer to $499.

I still think the p89 is very good bang for buck at $170 - $190

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes I've got the ramos i9 and the speakers are good but the mic is [email protected]+, I've enlarged the hole abit but it's still not flash.Shawly it's not an expensive part to get right. Would be nice to have a tab that everything worked well..i think I'm living in dream land tho for $200 or under..

·
Registered
137 Posts
just recieved my prerooted p89s mini (without GPS and camera) from tmall with agent...Cost around $155 with shipping and case

my review..

pros

1 its the best chinese tablet i have ever got ( having used a pipo m1.m2 max and sanei n 83 before)

2 no lags whatsoever...1GB ram seem ok...got 9 Gb left (frim 16GB) on arrival

3 screen resolution of 1024x...seems more than adequate..colours are fine

4 have removed anything that was in chinese (as no reply to above question from buca) and everythin seems to work fine.

5 great battery life lasting around 30 hrs with average use with wifi on without much gaming

6 7.9 inch with near 300gm and 7.2 mm thick is great to carry and read pdf/books

7 youtube works fine

8 no lags in the browser and net surfing

9 fast read write speed due to emmc..just wonderful

10 wonderful and loud stereo speakers kept at the bottom.

cons

none whatsoever..

maybe shoud have spent 40 more dollars and got the one with GPS and back camera!!

Definitely better than all the rkxxxxx processors..no doubt about it despite the 1gb ram it works great. I feel the intel processors on chines tabs have great potential

Hope teclast can come out with a p89 mini with 2GB rom version with 32GB ram in the future and they have a killer tablet on their hands.

my only wish is there was better community support with mod roms.

anyone knows of any mod rom for the p89smini?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
just got mine. man i love it .
ive got a chuwi v88 rockchip aswell and it's [email protected]# compaired to this, it's what the v88 should have been.
runs rings around it...

·
Registered
224 Posts
New gps and cam model rom...1.06

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxZPGfx_BpCFYS1FUFAzakhlQWM/edit?usp=sharing

A new official firmware just released for E2W6 (dual cameras + GPS) in teclast forum.

the changelog (from google translate)

Taipower technology P89 mini (E2W6)-Android4.2.2-V1.06 version of the firmware download.

Firmware improvements:
1 import Taipower tUI
2 set - adding machine memory to store information
3 updates the built apk file
4 improve system performance

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi coreo, nice to see you here.

Can you please post a photo of your Ramos i9 and Teclast P89 mini side-by-side? I just want to see how is their size by comparison. I thought of buying either one but, I am also comtemplating getting both of them.

thanks

·
FW Developer
710 Posts

Can you please post a photo of your Ramos i9 and Teclast P89 mini side-by-side? I just want to see how is their size by comparison. I thought of buying either one but, I am also comtemplating getting both of them.

thanks
This is the worse possible time to buy these tablet unless cost is a concern for you. The newer intel atom quad core is out. Consider checking out the onda v819i or v975i.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is the worse possible time to buy these tablet unless cost is a concern for you. The newer intel atom quad core is out. Consider checking out the onda v819i or v975i.
Hi lambstone, thanks for the info and suggestion. I will surely check them out. I am also looking at 3G models with screen size 8-9". What would you suggest?

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I did some readings and video watching on the v819i and finally decided against it simply due to the following 2 reasons:-

1. the dimension is longish quite like its earlier brother the i8, I am in favour of the 4:3 ratio just like the Ipad mini vs the v819i which is taller by 7mm and close to 13mm narrower! Just a no no for me.

2. Onda is not known for producing good UI coz I have the infamous sort of love and hate it V975M.

So for now I am leaning towards teclast p89 mini.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
So I did some readings and video watching on the v819i and finally decided against it simply due to the following 2 reasons:-

1. the dimension is longish quite like its earlier brother the i8, I am in favour of the 4:3 ratio just like the Ipad mini vs the v819i which is taller by 7mm and close to 13mm narrower! Just a no no for me.

2. Onda is not known for producing good UI coz I have the infamous sort of love and hate it V975M.

So for now I am leaning towards teclast p89 mini.
Yes. It is entirely up to you as to what you want more. First and foremost, if price isn't an issue, you can consider the ifive mini 3gs. Its ~USD200 and has retina. The atom z2580 while still excellent, is starting to show it's age. Just make sure you don't get RK3188 or A31. I'd imagine in the coming month or two there'll be more retina 7.9" tablets. I personally am waiting to see what goes on with the mipad first. Meanwhile, I have my eyes set on the Onda V975i.

·
Registered
224 Posts

thanks
hello bobds78 sorry for the late reply haven't been on for a while, there both nice tablets and use them both pretty much split between the two. the higher resolution of the i9 is good for web browsing but there both good. I couldnt decide either so got them both... yes maybe wished I'd waited a little longer for the new intel z3735...but I'm still happy..

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
coreo,

a little bit OFF:
What do you think of the MTK platform handles better 3G or 4G features the Intel as well?
It would be nice for such a small tablet size on the new Intel platform. Maybe this will be the Onda V819i 4G, but it would be nice if the Teclast also straining yourself.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.