Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Would be more attractive if it had 2GB ram instead of 1GB, but it is a nice looking device overall.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes shame that, still gets a pretty good antutu result though 21846, a little better than my ramos i9 at 20823. Probably due to the lower res screen 1024 x 768..it does have gps too..

I'm very happy with my i9 just contemplating a smaller screened intel tablet as the performance is very good with no lag at all..

Until we see some new releases\development with the new amlogic( m802) or rockchip(rk3288) in this screen size. The intel is a pretty rock solid performer...

·
Registered
137 Posts
coreo a few questions?

1 is telecast.org the official site and is it trustworty to buy from this site?

2 how does this compare with the ramos i9? this is 4:3 the ramos is 16:9? what about the ppi comparison?

3 teclast p90 versus ramos i9? which would be better

4 what do you feel the 7.9 would be better than the 8.9 screen size wise?

i am confused..

·
Registered
224 Posts
1. No I dont think it is, i think teclast.com is the official one. Not shaw never bought there before.
2. I don't have it yet, just thought i'd get the topic started here as it looks a pretty good tab..
However It's a different sized tablet it's only 1024x768 as opposed to 1920x1200 of the i9's beautiful screen.
Same resolution as the standard ipad mini which is absolutely fine. I've got the ipad mini and a chuwi v88 both 7.9 inches and I like the size of both of them but the v88 has the rk3188 which is a bit laggy and I don't really like ios. I'm just looking to maybe replace the v88 with something that performs as well as my i9..
Love the i9 pretty much for everything, but it does get a bit heavy to hold after a while 441g and the edges are abit too square(sharp) in my hands...
I haven't found any weight specs on the teclast p90 yet but it does look good also.
So i guess it depends on what you like.
If your after a smaller screen and less weight 306gms this looks pretty good..the 7.9 inch form factor is a pretty good size to hold for longer periods..
but if you like more screen realestate I can definetly recomend the i9 it's a nice tablet.
Found a few people over at tabletrepublic talking about it too. http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/x86-intel-z2580-clover-trail/
I was confused also.. so i bought one of each size..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am an owner of this tablet (about 1,5 month) and it is perfect for its money anyway.

Really VERY fast, super quality, the screen is only 1024x768 but it is nice, very thin and light, and sound volume-quality rocks. GPS is very good and working standard without helping like the other china gps.

I suggest this device to anyone who want to buy an 8" ( ipad mini dimensions) device.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good to hear trabakoulas, how's the battery life.

I haven't really tested it on my i9 cos im happy with it..just as long as it lasts a good evening until i go to bed I'm happy..

Also how's the sd card slot?...one thing on the i9 it's too deep and a little painful to get cards in and out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The battery is very good, it keeps me with medium use, at least 3 days. The drain is really very slow.

The sd card slot is deep but I think that is positive and not a negative issue.

Some tablets (asus TF 201, V88 etc) have the sd to pop out 2-3 mm and this is a problem. You may lose the sd because it may stick off by accident.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
whats the difference between p89s mini and the p89 mini?

i have decided to buy this..can a few users share their expperience with this tablet and also from where they brought it?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the p89s lacks gps

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wonder what the mic is like im still yet to find a Chinese tablet with a good mic..

Reactions: Bastion

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
P89S does not have GPS and no rear camera. I think rest of the specs are the same between them.

Great choice for 8" tablet since using Intel z2580 and Teclast is very good brand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The battery is very good, it keeps me with medium use, at least 3 days. The drain is really very slow.

The sd card slot is deep but I think that is positive and not a negative issue.

Some tablets (asus TF 201, V88 etc) have the sd to pop out 2-3 mm and this is a problem. You may lose the sd because it may stick off by accident.
The 1GB of RAM is not low?

After root, what are the chinese apps that are to be removed?

·
Registered
137 Posts
i dont think 1GB ram should be a problem for routine use with moderate gaming..the best part of this device seems to be the nonstutter/nolag with clovertrail compared to rk devices...HD videos and pdf should work fine..

am still awaiting a good user review on this before i buy..anyone knows of any unbiased review of this product? (not shop ones)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
137 Posts
thanks coreo..i have decided to buy this as its availble for close to 190$ including shipping at present and seems to have great features with great screen,battery life and stereo speakers.

will probably take 4 weeks to get once i order..so shall be back with my review once i get it..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.