·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ordered one here, same supplier as above, but one usd cheaper, and yes I'm dutch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered one here, same supplier as above, but one usd cheaper, and yes I'm dutch.
Hi all! I'm looking forward your review, since I haven't found much to read about it on the web till now. How does it compare to the "regular" P85 dual core? is the screen the only difference? does the screen really make a difference? thanks in advance for your comments!
PS: I'm considering buying this or Hyundai Rock X 8", but I read people having many issues with the latter, including JF not implemented, unlike advertized!

Best, treotat.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is on the way, Fedex says it will arrive friday, i will post my first experience and i am glad i could resist buying the hyundai rock X.
I bought the P85HD because the IPS screen, the rest is the same, as i hope the wifi is as good as the one of the regular P85, which is very good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had I known an IPS version was en route, I think I would have waited. But alas, this is a nice beast as it stands.

XUTT
Aye it would have been a tough choice at the time, that's for sure, but I'm pleased to say the G+G screen is plenty good enough for me, and if IPS had been available, I would probably have gone for it and not found out how good G+G actually is.

I don't think I would pay a significant amount extra for IPS, having now had my hands on the G+G.

·
Registered
436 Posts
My Teclast P85HD arrived today, and i must say after several hours, I am very satisfied.
The wifi is as good as the one of the P85 dualcore, which is very good.
The screen is what i expected, a good IPS screen with good viewing angles, a good brightness and more sensitive than that of the P85 dual.
The P85HD came with android 4.0.4, and runs out of the box better than its predecessor, until now almost no force closes or freezes.
If an update to Jelly bean improves the HD as much as the P85 dual, it is a top device.
The build quality is the same of the one of the P85 dual, which is good, but also in the advantage of the HD is his weight, about seventy grams lighter than the P85 dual.
Battery life seems to me the same or a bit better and for me, viewing this IPS screen, its worth the money, viewing this screen is, how do you say in english, more pleasant for my eyes.
The HD is using a normal DC jack for charging, so one can charge and use the micro USB.
Rooted with SuperOneClickv2.2.3-ShortFuseModded.
Resuming, the Teclast P85 dual is a good device, has a good screen for the money, the P85HD is definitely better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Teclast P85HD arrived today, and i must say after several hours, I am very satisfied.
The wifi is as good as the one of the P85 dualcore, which is very good.
The screen is what i expected, a good IPS screen with good viewing angles, a good brightness and more sensitive than that of the P85 dual.
The P85HD came with android 4.0.4, and runs out of the box better than its predecessor, until now almost no force closes or freezes.
If an update to Jelly bean improves the HD as much as the P85 dual, it is a top device.
The build quality is the same of the one of the P85 dual, which is good, but also in the advantage of the HD is his weight, about seventy grams lighter than the P85 dual.
Battery life seems to me the same or a bit better and for me, viewing this IPS screen, its worth the money, viewing this screen is, how do you say in english, more pleasant for my eyes.
The HD is using a normal DC jack for charging, so one can charge and use the micro USB.
Rooted with SuperOneClickv2.2.3-ShortFuseModded.
Resuming, the Teclast P85 dual is a good device, has a good screen for the money, the P85HD is definitely better.
Thanks, Janesh for your thorough and useful review... you said The new HD is somewhat lighter; how thin is it? somewhat thinner than the regular? thanks for your help.

PS not sure, yet, if I want this one or Hyundai rock x!

·
Registered
125 Posts
hi janesh
I have a quick q to the p85 HD,

I want to buy IPS version of P85/
Wi-fi effective range and battery life are my concerns.
- What is 10 mt distance reception (with wi-fi analyzer) What dBm ?
- 4.000 mAh is not small ?
Do you sincerelly recommend ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi treotat and sas_sas,

i an glad i did not buy the Hyundai Rock X after all i read on slatedroid, i liked its weight and thickness.
The Teclast is with 418 gr only a less heavier, and 70 gr. lighter than the regular P85. The thickness of both is the same, the lenght and width of the P85HD is a little larger.
The wifi reach of both is very good, the best of all my devices,( window n70, cube mini u30gt, nexus 7, blackberry playbook, galaxytab 7.7) and wifi analyser says -60, -62 dBm on 10 meter distance from my router, who is on the first floor of reinforced concrete, and i am on the ground floor. (Six meters, -50 -60 dBm.)
4000 mAh is not big, but how bigger the heavier, so the battery life could better but is about four hours with both teclast devices.
I defenitely prefer the P85HD concerning the IPS screen but also the greater sensivity of it compared with the regular P85, who is for sure not bad.
All i can tell after 35+ chinatabs the teclast P85HD is one of the best in my experience, and if Jelly Bean improves it, it is a top device.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi teotrat and sas_sas,

i an glad i did not buy the Hyundai Rock X after all i read on slatedroid, i liked its weight and thickness.
The Teclast is with 418 gr only a less heavier, and 70 gr. lighter than the regular P85. The thickness of both is the same, the lenght and width of the P85HD is a little larger.
The wifi reach of both is very good, the best of all my devices,( window n70, cube mini u30gt, nexus 7, blackberry playbook, galaxytab 7.7) and wifi analyser says -60, -62 dBm on 10 meter distance from my router, who is on the first floor of reinforced concrete, and i am on the ground floor. (Six meters, -50 -60 dBm.)
4000 mAh is not big, but how bigger the heavier, so the battery life could better but is about four hours with both teclast devices.
I defenitely prefer the P85HD concerning the IPS screen but also the greater sensivity of it compared with the regular P85, who is for sure not bad.
All i can tell after 35+ chinatabs the teclast P85HD is one of the best in my experience, and if Jelly Bean improves it, it is a top device.
great! thanks, janesh!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oke treotat sorry for spelling your name not correct.
A few things, when you shut down the fully charged P85 dualcore, the battery drains, the P85HD does not.
The upperside of the screen of the P85 dualcore is a little less sensitive, btw if you gone close a tab, you have to press a bit under the cross, the P85HD not.
This are little things,I do not want criticise the P85, every china tab has its own strangeness and as i say the P85 is good, but after a few days using the P85HD, i noticed nothing until now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
A bit of topic, Janesh are you an android programer? how come you had so many? what have you done with the old ones....

·
Registered
436 Posts
No Asik1, too bad, no android developer, just an ordinary math. teacher in the netherlands with much interest in tablets and the technique.
As much as i buy, after trying them, i sell them on a dutch marketplace, most with a little loss.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice Janesh,
it's good to be your friend than...

- My P85 didn't arrive yet

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Makis,

Mine is delivered with a protector on the screen, I believe from factory, it is still there.
Leather case I do not know and the charger is 5V 2,5 Amp. with normal 2,5 mm jack.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you janesh
Can anyone, who has this tablet, run the antutu and post the score?
According to this picture for P85 Dual Core the score is higher than the P85HD
I can't understand it. Both of them has the same cpu and GPU right?.
Also i need to know if there is any compatible bluetooth usb dongle for the teclast P85 series. I found another thread for a zenithink tablet and 2-3 guys plugged a bluetooth dongle succesfull.

·
Registered
436 Posts
No no, no panic, i own both, and antutu gave for P85 dual a score of 8150, and the P85HD 8100. The geekbench 2 for P85 dual 1150 and P85HD 1415.
Quadrant for both more than 3900. Vellamo benchmark for P85 dual 1527 and P85HD 1470, both above transformer prime.
Browsermark, P85 dual 132295 and P85HD 134000, what are also very good scrores.

My quad core Google nexus 7 score, antutu 8761, geekbench 2 1425, quadrant 3569, and browser mark 129655.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.