Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
OK i have this tablet and i am trying to play games like modern combat 4 and asphalt 7. When i open the app the game shows a black screen with a white circle, then it keeps repeating this is. I cannot even access anything like the games main menu, so both games do not load on start up. As well as these 2 games not working on teclast P85HD they do not work on Ramos w30. Also i do have the data placed in the folders.
Can anybody help me?

Update
I just tried the 1.0.0 version of modern combat (pre release?) and it works, really weird :S It shows my tab is capable of playing it! Would keep it but i cannot imagine that multiplayer wont work
and its running on the high graphics (main menu has flames)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have one of my tablets set to Samsung S2 (GT-i9100). Which uses Mali GPU. Also, that allows me to filter comments on Google Play just for S2.

The rest of my post will explain things in more detail but you should know:
The latest version of Asphalt 7 (on GT-i9100 - Mali GPU) does not seem to work. A bug made it into the game and no longer works with Mali GPU devices. Will have to wait for next version to see if it gets fixed.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA7HM&reviewId=Z3A6QU9xcFRPR3FaWmk3WWFOb0hvSEotUXVNeEsweTlDZXFLZjNpeWkwR3RWclU0MkxZUE1vRFdHYXpwckV5X3BlZXpiQ0xaTTFPb1NpUEYtRUVOWXFlZUE
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA7HM&reviewId=Z3A6QU9xcFRPRVA2ZjM2NzFpcnRuM2JIaWp5a2FmX3pkamNDN1dBMjdFcjN0bjZqVzV0UlR1RW5UTlRkU0QzQnZ4Vi1ZOTZON2hRNnUzVVNKUzhSbC1jYkE

Modern Combat 4 (latest version).
Some people say it does not work on S2. Other people say it works for them. Not sure what to tell you. It may or may not work.

***If these games play on any RK3066 tablets (or any phone/tablet with Mali GPU like 8726-MX tablets) then they should also work on your P85HD & Exynos Quad tablets too. Search Slatedroid for these games to see what other posts you find.

OK. I will help you out.

[1] In the past (and very likely today too), Gameloft made different versions of their games based on GPU. There are 4 different texture compression methods available. The standard one that supports all the GPUs and used by ARM's Mali & Vivante GC GPUs (ie. part of OpenGL ES standard), PowerVR, Adreno & ULP Geforce (Tegra chips).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texture_compression#Availability

The standard texture compression method in OpenGL ES (ETC - Ericsson) is good but not great like the other ones. That is why Gameloft makes multiple versions of the exact same game by changing some lines of code. Google Play is supposed to send you the version that matches your GPU but that does not always happen.

You may have downloaded a PowerVR (PVRTC), Adreno (ATITC) or ULP Geforce (S3TC) version instead of standard, ETC version.

Solutions:
[A] Change build.prop of your devices to mimic i9100 (Samsung S2) phone which is very popular. That uses Mali400 GPU and all Gameloft games should now be compatible with your tablets too. You require rooted tablet and have to know the right info for i9100 to modify your build.prop

Chainfire3D was made to handle the different texture compression formats out there. ie. can pretty much play any version of the game. But, says only works with 2.2 & 2.3. I believe it still mostly works with 4.0 but not with 4.1. You need rooted tablet to install & use it. It may not work with 4.0. In which case, you will have no choice but to do [A].

[2] Another possibility is some firmware is not made well and missing something (maybe driver problem?) to work right. You can either try updating to the latest firmware version or try CM9 or CM10 version which may work for you.
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/42495-gameloft-games-asphalt-7-fc/

[3] A game bug which makes the game no longer work with your device. Can sometimes happen. You will have to complain to Gameloft for them to know about it. Then wait for newer version to get released and hope is working again.

I believe most likely is [3] and then [1] because this issue happens on two tablets with different ARM chips, RK3066 & Exynos Quad, but with same GPU (Mali400).

The best solution is to ask in P85HD if those games work. If you get no reply, then ask in U30GT (another popular RK3066 tablet). If game works on U30GT, then it should work for P85HD & Exynos Quad tablet too since same GPUs on all. Make sure to get the version # too. ie. older version may work whereas newest one may not

If latest game version works on U30GT, then you will have to change one of your tablets to look like GT-i9100. That way you download the right game version for Mali GPU.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I bought & downloaded Asphalt 7 to my N80 (8", RK3066).

Asphalt 7 runs great for me!!! I tested out the tutorial level. Accelerometer does not work for some reason. ie. no tilting to steer. I just switched controls to tap on screen for steering instead.

It runs on my RK3066 tablet and therefore should work on your RK3066 tablet too. That means, I have to assume you either have a firmware issue. ie. something missing from your firmware. Or you ended up with a game version for PowerVR, ULP Geforce (Tegra2/3) or Adreno. ie. you may have the wrong version loaded in Google Play

No idea who controls what version is loaded into Google Play for P85HD. Maybe Gameloft? Or Google? Or Teclast? Try contacting them to see what version is in Google Play for P85HD. Start with Gameloft.

I don't like tilt games and not much for racing ones either but Asphalt 7 is great!!! I am really going to enjoy playing this game. Thanks!!! Later,

Edit: slightly fixed the content

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought and downloaded asphalt 7 on my ramos w30 and when i open it just keeps repeating the licence check

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I just bought and downloaded asphalt 7 on my ramos w30 and when i open it just keeps repeating the licence check
#1. Did you have another Asphalt 7 on that tablet? ie. either pirated or copied over from another tablet
#2. Is the Ramos W30 on the Google account you bought Asphalt 7 on? Or on another Google account like your brother's?

Solutions:
-Go into App manager - clear out data & cache for Asphalt 7. Then try the game again.

-Make sure W30 is on Google account that Asphalt 7 was bought on (ie. log into Google Play with that account and not on a different one). You may have to clear caches for Google Play too. Search for clearing cache for Google Market because it is two apps you have to clear. Google Play & Google Services? Make sure to log out of Google Play first, then clear caches, reboot, then log in with Google account game was bought under

If you try those two and still nothing then,
-you need to get into Android bootloader & wipe cache partition
http://static.nexus-lab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_20110810_115116.jpg

Getting into Android bootloader maybe hard because you have to press certain button combo before pressing power button to boot. The buttom combo can be different depending on Android version or with CM firmware. Link below may work for you.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-access-android-bootloader-or-system-recovery-mode/

If you have trouble getting in with button combo then you still can do it with adb commands. Install adb to your computer and use that if you had trouble getting in with button combo.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound-development/190828-how-access-hboot-fastboot-recovery-menu.html

Terminal app on your tablet should allow those commands to work too by removing the adb prefix but your tablet must be rooted to allow super user access.

PS, does that mean you were able to get Asphalt 7 working on your P85HD???

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It actually works on my N80 (RK3066) with ICS (4.0.4) but not with JB (4.1.1). Gameloft games appear to have an issue with JB firmwares from other posts I have read.

Could be why some people with Galaxy S2 phones had trouble getting the game to work for them. ie. likely using JB firmware.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixed this by taking the framework.jar from the TNT rom (made using Nickos-V's method)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts