Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have rooted the device and I'm uploading the /system folder to the cloud.
Wel done Logseman

Is this done by Ubuntu or a Windows OS ?
I'm trying to get this working through Windows 7 but it still not working.

I've heard some people saying the USB cable can be the cause, i'll try this one soon.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Logsman what version were U using?
in MSG#43 I gave 2 D/L links.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Teclast ROM is just an upload of V1.17 with convenient English instructions (plus I changed the configuration settings so the RKUpdate program launches in English) . The system image is meant to help possible developers to take a look at what they're facing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine's arrived and is on charge (the battery was flat). Can't make out the specs on the supplied USB mains plug yet, so using a Samsung 700mA charger instead. The size looks just right for what I need, finish is good, and it's worth noting it charges without turning on.

I'll give it a good 6 hour charge and see what's what then.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm not sure the 700 mAh plug will work. The output of the main charger is 2.5 A, which is more than three times that.

XUTT

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ogri, it's not recommended to use low mA charger than what is needed. It can burn your charger and even set on fire.
On the back of the tablet i think it prints 5V 2000ma.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ordered two spare chargers from the Aliexpress vendor.

XUTT
I've just ordered a 2 amp mains charger on ###########. I don't think the mains USB plug they sent me is delivering any more than the Samsung's 700mA, and it might even be a 450mA (common with a lot of mobile phone mains chargers).

After 5 hours total (4 hours on the 700mA Samsung charger), if I unplug it, I get the flashing battery with the warning triangle in it.

eta: at least with it plugged in it's giving charge to the battery (I get the battery indicator with the green progress bar), so it might prevent a 'below shutdown' discharge and prevent the battery from being killed?

eta2: grabbed the camera and zoomed in for some still shots, and it's printed up as a 5v 1 amp charger (and I bet that's optimistic). /sigh

eta3: after looking around the net, it's pretty obviously a Counterfeit Apple A1299 charger.

Caught the shops in time and picked up a package deal on a 2.1 amp mains charger and a 2.1 amp car charger. /phew!

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's very disturbing, as Teclast looks as a good company. Why they misfit with a bad charger when a proper one may cost no more than 1.02$ ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's very disturbing, as Teclast looks as a good company. Why they misfit with a bad charger when a proper one may cost no more than 1.02$ ?
This wasn't Teclast asik, it was the retailer that put a UK plug charger in the box. I've told them about it, as well as told them not to ship the tablets still switched on (eta: If DHL hadn't played silly buggers with an attempted shipping charge rip-off, forcing a change of shipper - the extra charge for which was voluntarily carried by the supplier - and costing an extra 5/6 days for delivery, the charge state wouldn't have got so low, but obviously, that's not the point).

I 'think' I have saved the battery. I managed to boot the tablet (couldn't even get it to boot prior, let alone get to the point of entering the security password) to get a reading, and the charge state had gone up to 4% capacity.

Things looked very clean with no unwelcome bloatware, so I switched it off to leave it on charge for 12 hours. I'll check the battery level then, and if it isn't at 100%, I'll switch off and put it back on charge for another 12 hours, and keep doing that until it is at 100%.

I'm not going to be too hard on the supplier, because communication has been very good, they seem to have prepped the device pretty well, included the UK adaptor at no extra cost (not up to it, but ho hum, they now know), and unfortunately they have an idiot in their packing for shipment dept, that needs a wakeup call with a 4 x 2.

They'll probably 'get there', and I'll see if/how they have improved with my next order. I always give a second chance.

And DHL have had theirs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok got to the bottom of it all, the supplied USB to microUSB lead is the same as several others I have here (long Nokia lead, long Samsung lead, long a.n.other lead, so 4 altogether).

So I just tried a 'known different' Nokia USB to microUSB lead (it's a tiny lead about 5" long that came with my 6303i Classic - I have two of them).

In an hour and 20 minutes ish, the battery charge level has gone up to 53% (it had managed to hit 11% from 10% overnight with the Samsung cable).

So much for standardisation eh? Can't really blame Teclast, they probably expected to get what they specified and ordered, and ended up with 'the other' microUSB lead by accident.

Anybody know if there is a specific specification we should be ordering to get the right leads?

Heck there might even be three types of lead? A dedicated charger lead, a dedicated data lead, and a combined data/charger lead?

/sigh

PS. I 'think' the short Nokia leads are 'proper' full specification leads.

PPS the person at the suppliers I have been communicating with, also gave me this link as being potentially useful for drivers etc., with the P85

http://driver.zol.com.cn/detail/45/443207.shtml

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, i have one and after two weeks of use, has stopped working :-(

I upgrade to 1.24 and everything was ok. I use it and all good; the battery is discharged, then I reloaded and all good. But next time, leave it locked up the bedroom nightstand to
% energy, when I returned three days later (i was very busy), was already out of battery and there is no way to turn it on. It seems to be in a state that does not charge and there is no way to get out of there.

I've tried with several chargers, and I've even bought one usb charger for ipad that gives 2100mA and nothing. I've tried holding down the power button 20 seconds either. I've tried holding down the reset button and nothing.

Does anyone have idea how to resuscitate?

61 - 80 of 86 Posts