Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
its not factory rooted, but this is no problem. Just download "utoo-root-signed.zip" (have a look in the Vitro P70 thread), put it on an microSD card and install it via the recovery menu (VolumeDown + Power). I changed the camera entry in the build.prop after I rooted the tablet, but it works also without the changes.
Download't file is deleted page not found.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
STAY AWAY FROM VITRO P70 ROM!!!

Sorry for bad english

When my p78 stay in sleep mode long time, device is force closed and bricked. (Black screen)

hw.cameras=2
=>hw.cameras=1 (in build.prop)
Then in camera app, Touch the front camera button..
It is not certain.
Whenever the tablet goes into sleep mode for a longer time it will not start up after that and you have to reinstall the firmware via ImageBurnTool. I am currently on the Moage Rom but I don't like the layout and before I change only framework-res I will got back to the stock rom that I am currently cleaning of all the chinese software.

HellG

·
Registered
16 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM VITRO P70 ROM!!!

Whenever the tablet goes into sleep mode for a longer time it will not start up after that and you have to reinstall the firmware via ImageBurnTool. I am currently on the Moage Rom but I don't like the layout and before I change only framework-res I will got back to the stock rom that I am currently cleaning of all the chinese software.

HellG
Use this firmware two days, it seems that everything is still working fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Use this firmware two days, it seems that everything is still working fine.
I did this too and everything seemed ok. But then I left it in standby (not charging) over night and it got bricked.

BTW: are you the same filkint as on 4pda.ru? I tried the recovery image from the P78 thread over there but it did not work.

At the moment I use the stock rom that I modified a little bit and I have to see how it behaves when the battery gets low. I had heavy ghost ticks on the stock rom with battery around 10-15% but we will see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did this too and everything seemed ok. But then I left it in standby (not charging) over night and it got bricked.

BTW: are you the same filkint as on 4pda.ru? I tried the recovery image from the P78 thread over there but it did not work.

At the moment I use the stock rom that I modified a little bit and I have to see how it behaves when the battery gets low. I had heavy ghost ticks on the stock rom with battery around 10-15% but we will see.
Yes I am the same with 4pda.

I have this recovery is not working too.

I tried other recovery from other similar tablets, some have started but the screen was not readable. I don't know what to do with it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, I was too fast.... it seems the update is for the P78s! The small s makes the big difference!!!

There is a new firmware available for the P78 from Teclast (downloading right now)!

- Go to http://dl.vmall.com/c0wpafjera#
- Select the button right of the filename
- Download should start (but hangs sometimes and has to be restarted.)

I will try the software as soon as I have it and report my findings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone I got my P78 yesterday and I'm plesed with the hardware but I can't say tha same about the software. First thing was that I couldn't install some apps and they won't even show on the play store. Than I found you guys, thanks to everybody involved because after quite a bit of flashing,trying and app installing I now have a rooted tablet with full access to the market. I would like to share something that might be useful . I found a way around the problem with scrolling in the recovery menu I connected a usb keyboard with volume controls and using the keyboards volume buttons I was able to navigate through recovery menu which made things a lot easier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I was too fast.... it seems the update is for the P78s! The small s makes the big difference!!!

There is a new firmware available for the P78 from Teclast (downloading right now)!

- Go to http://dl.vmall.com/c0wpafjera#
- Select the button right of the filename
- Download should start (but hangs sometimes and has to be restarted.)

I will try the software as soon as I have it and report my findings.
I am afraid that it is not for us. It says Quad core processor P78s we have P78.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone I got my P78 yesterday and I'm plesed with the hardware but I can't say tha same about the software. First thing was that I couldn't install some apps and they won't even show on the play store. Than I found you guys, thanks to everybody involved because after quite a bit of flashing,trying and app installing I now have a rooted tablet with full access to the market. I would like to share something that might be useful . I found a way around the problem with scrolling in the recovery menu I connected a usb keyboard with volume controls and using the keyboards volume buttons I was able to navigate through recovery menu which made things a lot easier.
I tried to connect a USB keyboard and mouse, I have not worked.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unfortunately P78s firmware is not for us..
P78S is allwinner a31s tablet.

I'm very upset because teclast had not released for 6 months!
and I received answer(Q: when do you release firmware for p78?)
that they dont have any firmware plan for p78.... also android 4.2.2 too.

HellG// im sorry. I read that today.. i have sign batch file.
So i signed easier..

Sorry for bad english ^^;;

·
Registered
45 Posts
Explay Surfer 7.03
Vitro P70

Above two devices are p78's Clone tablet.
EXplay is russian company.
Vitro is japanese company.

I tried Explay's firmware. But there is no difference..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nevermind, you can use the recovery image from the Vitro Rom. I will make an update zip that just installs the recoveryimage.
Ok, here is the working recovery image from the Vitro Rom. Its packed to a signed zip so that you can install it from the recovery menu. But stop, I just realize that you have to do it a little bit more complicate, as the old recovery menu is not working! So here is the procedure:
- download the zip file
- extract the recovery.img from the zip file
- rename recovery.img to uImage_recovery
- but both, uImage_recovery AND the zip file itself in the root of a microSD card
- switch the tablet of and insert the microSD card
- boot into recovery by holding down power and volume- key until the little robot appears
you are now starting the new recovery image already and the volume keys should work.
- select "update from EXT" (or so, EXT is the important keyword) and press the power button
- select the recovery zip file on the card and press power button.
now the new recovery image will be written to the tablet and whenever you boot into recovery the volume keys should work.

Regarding the P78s image I am pretty sure, that it is of no use for us. Maybe I will try to put the CyanogenMod 10.2 on the tablet but we would need a compatibility zip and I have no idea what is in there. On the other hand I have a nicely working tablet right now and the issues I had with the touchscreen are gone with my own cleaned rom. So why change?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I wish chrischan troy could make a comp zip..
I don't think that he will do it. But what is needed for a compatibility zip? Do we need to compile a new kernel and what else is needed? Do we need code from Teclast?
I already thought about flashing the CM10.2 he provided for other Amlogic 8726mx based tablets to the P78 but I don't know what additional functionality is needed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think that he will do it. But what is needed for a compatibility zip? Do we need to compile a new kernel and what else is needed? Do we need code from Teclast?
I already thought about flashing the CM10.2 he provided for other Amlogic 8726mx based tablets to the P78 but I don't know what additional functionality is needed.
I think he modified the kernel and added some drivers(like wifi or touch driver)
So i gave up..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All!

i got a chinese sister of P78, a Yifang 10" 4.0 JellyBean armeabi-v7a Dalvik VM 1.6.0 Amlogic Meson6 g26d ARMv7 1512 MHz 2 Cores Amlogic;

here you can find the way i used to upgrade to 4.1.1 JellyBean JRO03c using AmlLogicBurningTool 1.6.2.0128.

(and here a post (#101) where loading the original 4.0.4 ROM :::
SDK version: 4.0.4 / ID: IMM761 / Linux / 3.0.8-gal f4c93 Dalvik VM version: 1.6.0
Amlogic Meson6 g26d customer platform Revision: 0 / Name: ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v70
1512 MHz / Cores: 2 / Amlogic Meson6 g26d customer platform Revision: 0
1024x720 DPI: 160x160 Refresh rate: 60 Hz / GPU (OpenGL) Vendor: ARM
Renderer: Mali-400 MP Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 / MMA 3-axis Accelerometer)

i tried your method in multiple ways to add a root install by AmlLogicBurningTool but i did not success.

i tried your AmlLogicBurningTool or mine, your "bin/recovery files" or mine, two installs (ROM and Root zip) or one by one...
but the idea is good and i have to study a little more.

when i put the two lines update: in config_progress.xml;
<command sn="19">wipe_data</command>
<command sn="20">wipe_cache</command>
<command sn="21" count="250">update:update.zip</command>
<command sn="22" count="250">update:root.zip</command>
<command sn="23">copy_media</command>
<command sn="24">burn_efuse</command>
<command sn="25">shutdown</command>
</progress_configs>

i have a stop (with success
just before acting the updates, it seems to say it does not find the F: disk...

maybe i should sign the root.zip or my root.zip is not good for my tablet.

When we are running AmlLogicBurningTool 's process, are we root? i think we are.
i tried to reinstall 4.0.4 'old' version which was rooted, but it checks version date (prop.something) and refuses to install backward.

my 4.1 version seems to be very closed and secured as i can not root it with any tool on the net (i tried maybe 8 and =-UnLock Root Pro 4.1.1.0 (PRO!) version can not too.

Have nice times!

.. about my post .. i did give links to ROMs i practice BUT it is on MY Yifang, it's a machine very similar to P78 BUT i am NOT SURE it is a good ROM as is for your P78 !!! let's be careful.

for my problem to become Rooted, when i add a root installer with my ROM installing via (your version of) amllogicburningtool, i get "update:patch.zip is bad" and it stops. Maybe i will try with other 'root installer' versions and it will be ok... i ll try.

i think i have to (force) a 'su file' install in system/bin and after i can install by standard way, a superUser or 'root managing' app.
if someone can help or have a way to an idea... thx!

.. on this page, you can find Roms (4.2/4.3) for a similar tablet... nexus tablets.. maybe it can give a utility.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts