Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Enter our model number (A9D3) at the page after this http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/pad.php - click the right arrow to get to it.

and there's a link to a firmware page that doesn't have firmware for our tablet.

Keep an eye on it, just maybe Android 4.1 JB is in the process of being hosted. *fingers crossed*

eta: Awww heck, it's reverted back to the firmware page just as it was before. No JB yet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
As my very bricked tablet can attest, you should only use Teclast firmwares. It didn't like the Window N90 firmware I fed it one bit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As my very bricked tablet can attest, you should only use Teclast firmwares. It didn't like the Window N90 firmware I fed it one bit.
Darn. Sad to hear that Logseman. Hopefully something successful to unbrick it turns up soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to update Android4.1.1-V2.00 JB is now available at the link in the original post.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have P85 since a couple of weeks now; It came with Android 4.0.1from Merimobiles; full of Chinese crap but I can manage for normal use. I experiended the Android Acore bug but I did manage by de-activating th contact storage app. Now I am tempted to upgrade to JB but I am not sure what woud be the advantage(s) vs 4.0.1? Can someone list the key advantages/improvements vs 4.0.1?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Previously posted in this topic, do it fast, to get a better device, to get rid of 'android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly' and freezes of chrome, gmail, etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but when I upgrade from Android 4.0.1 to JB via the recommended link and procedure posted by Tasselhof the tablet is formatter and I lose all its current content. How do I get Google Play app installed to be able to build all other needed apps?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Does not matter, but if I understand you correct, after upgrade to jelly bean with google playstore included, you can restore your device like it was.
I must recommend you to do this, because you get a much better device.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am kind of lost here with the JB update;I downloaded the Teclast_P85d_A9D3-Android4.1.1-V2.00-EACE.zip file, it is all in chinese and I cannot recognize the three folders which I am supposed to extract; I have also downloaded the zip file of english configured version of the tools and I am not sure which is which; I am damn' scared of bricking my tablet doing something wrong here; any more step-by-step instructions or, even better, a video of the correct procedure? I see that there is a video file but it is huge and takes one hr to download; is it available on youtube, by chance?

·
Registered
436 Posts
When you have unzipped your download, and double clicked twice on the upper folder you get this 'P85(A9D3).img' , this is the file you should put into the rkbatch tool. When done this, in the white screen of the rkbatchtool appears 'loading firmware finished'. In the FW Path appears 'C:\Users\eee2\Downloads\Teclast_P85d_A9D3-Android4.1.1-V2.00-EACE\P85-½¦-(A9D3)-Android4.1.1-V2.00\¦¦+¦¦¦ð=\P85(A9D3).img' , on my computer.
Now your P85, which is powered off. Put the lead with micro usb in the p85, then press the back button of the p85 and when holding this put the other end of your lead in the usb port of your windows computer. When done this you should see number one in the screen of the rkbatch tool become green, and on the screen of the p85, nothing happens. Now you can click upgrade in the rkbatch tool, and wait till it is done.
When mumber one, under 'connected devices', in the rkbatch tool does not become green, your computer has not the right drivers to recognize the P85. You have to install them in the device manager of your windows computer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i think u can check the guide they posted although in chinese but it is basically point and click
won't be that hard to understand i guess

·
Registered
242 Posts
new firmware now up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts