Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, Here are the specs from the official site: http://www.teclast.org/teclast-a70h-quad-core-tablet-pc-7-inch-android-4-2-8gb-white.html . The specs seem accurate but I am showing 4.25GB instead of 8GB. It might be due to a hidden partition used for system restore. I'm not sure yet. I've attached benchmark and specs pictures.
--------------------------
Teclast A70h Quad Core Tablet PC 7 Inch Android 4.2 8GB White
Teclast A70h Species:

Model Teclast A70h Quad Core Tablet PC
CPU Allwinner A31S, Cortex A7 quad core, 1.0GHz; GPU: PowerVR SGX544 MP2
Operation System Android 4.2.2
RAM 512MB (DDR 3)
ROM(Memory) 8GB Nand Flash
Shell Material Plastic shell
Screen Size 7 Inch
Type Capacitive Screen
Display LCD
Resolution 1024 x 600px
Visible Angle 150°
Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
Camera Front camera is 0.3 megapixels
Gravity Sensor Yes
Multi-Touch Yes, 5 points touch
Bluetooth No
Play Store Yes, built in
Email and Browser Yes, built in
WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
3G Not built in, support external 3G dongle: E1916, ZTE AC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W
Earphone Interface 3.5mm
Work Time Up to 4-5 hours
Battery 3000 MAh
Language Czech, Dansk, German, English, Spanish, Russian, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polski, Greek, Portuguese, Svenska, Turkey, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Other Applications File Manager, OfficeSuite, Google Search, Task Manager, Browser, Gallery, Android Webkit, Clock, Calculator, Calendar, iReader, Gmail…
Video 2160P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV…
Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…
Skype Yes
Product Size 193.4 x120.3 x 9.9mm(7.61" x 4.73" x 0.39")
Product Weight 300g
Teclast A70h Extend Port

1 x TF card slot
1 x Micro USB port;
1 x 3.5mm Earphone port
Teclast A70h Package including

1 x Teclast A70h
1 x Charger
1 x USB cable
1 x User Manual

--------------------------

So this is what I did to get it usable to me.

1. Update firmware. Get the latest version from http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/pad.php . This is the official site. enter the ID which is M6BY to find the proper firmware. At the time of install, 4.2.2 was the latest. The FW package comes with PhoenixSuit, but it's an old version. Install PhoenixSuit, accept the unsigned drivers, and then update PhoenixSuit from inside the program. Then extract the .rar with the FW and add the .iso to PhoenixSuit. If you are getting an error adding the FW, try renaming the .iso from it's original name to a.iso and moving it to the root of C:\ directory. It should work fine. Follow instructions in PhoenixSuit program. Basically, you plug in your tablet click to upgrade the FW. It's very self explanatory.

Note: I tried to update the FW from within the tablet's upgrade option. I tried saving the FW locally and updating from the SD drive and I tried to have the updater access the FW from the wifi. Both these methods did not work. Only the PhoenixSuit method worked for me.

2. Root Tablet. I used SuperOneClick2.3.3. I found it by googling it and downloading it from CNET. Disable your antivirus before downloading and using SOC. Extract the file and run the superoneclick.exe. Enable USB debugging by going into "Developer Options" section in "Settings." The instructions are self explanatory. Click root and it will say your tablet is already rooted. Root it anyway. After rooting, it will ask if you want it to send a SU to your tablet. Click yes. SOC adds a Superuser app to your tablet. YOur tablet is now rooted and you can remove all the junkware that came bundled with the tablet.

3. Add google play. This tablet came with a chinese app store called TaiDian. It's junky and likely filled with malware. I removed it once the tablet was rooted. Now it's time to add Google Play. I installed google play using the instructions found here: http://www.computric.com/2012/04/installing-google-play-without-rooting . Very easy to follow instructions. Just download the APK installer files from the link in the website. It's called Market Install.zip. Unzip the files and plug in your tablet. Tap "turn on USB storage" and "OK." You can now drag 4 Market Install files onto your tablet. I just put them in the "download" folder. If you are using windows and installed PhoenixSuit from step 1, you should have no driver issues. After the 4 market files are added, tap "turn off USB storage." Go to file manager app and navigate to the downloads folder and install the 4 market files in order 1,2,3,4. I found that APKs 1 and 2 were already installed. 3 and 4 were not. Once you have those installed, you will have a Market app on your tablet. From there on, install the apps you like and enjoy the Teclast A70h.

Good Luck!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts