Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello

How do you managed uninstall those chinese apps?
All the apps that the tablet came with are installed as "system apps" and, as such, are normally not removable by user.
Titanium Backup, which I used, is one app that will allow you to circumvent this constraint.

The concept of system apps exists, I guess (guess - because I am new to this), to safeguard user from accidentally removing functionality that manufacturer regards as essential or vital.
I would guess that the rom that the tablet comes with is geared towards the Chinese market and, as such, Teclast consider the preinstalled apps as bare necessities that they do not want user to remove.
Coming to think of it, user can always remove these app links from the launcher screen and put there whatever (s)he pleases. I do not think that I gained anything from deleting these applications other than running the risk of removing something vital and other than reclaiming negligible storage space.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In the "Wireless & networks" settings, the modem (under "Mobile network settings") and wired ethernet (under "Ethernet settings") are always enabled by default. These (especially the modem) have a negative effect on battery power, and are of no use since there is no ethernet port, and no 3G modem. It looks like a major flaw in the software to me. Is there any tool that can turn them off automatically?

PS: there is also no "airplane mode" in the wireless & network settings ...

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Reactions: Lai

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been looking for a decent protective case for my a15 but can't seem to find one. has anyone had any luck locating one?
I bought this one: w w w . e b a y . co . uk /itm/251013575816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648
(had to spread out the characters in the link above, so that the forum would accept it - hope I am not infringing any forum rules, but I did not see how else I could have given you a direct link to the case).

This case is for a 10" tablet, and is too fat for the A15. So I needed to pad it with a white rubber thing that came with it (which I guess is there for that reason). It all works well (including the built-in USB keyboard) - but sometimes the tablet can slide a bit, even with the padding. However, it has never been in danger of falling out!

101 - 120 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.