Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi mr tasselhoff used your script to root my teclast a15 1st time did not have root menu access but 3 times late got it superuser + busybox installed thanks
now just got to figure what to do with it great forum thanks siena 1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, the image file date 2012.03.28 in the A15(E6C2)-V1.00-2B14.rar package, but this is only a Android version 2.3.1. so not ICS.

I don't know what is the difference between this and the original firmware version.

I have tried several ICS image from different vendor for RK2918 tablets, but didn't find working version. For example, the N90-4.03-20120305.img didn't worked for me.

I have tried to flash Teclast T760 ICS 4.0.3 image to A15, it was successfully, the Android 4.0.3 started fine on A15, but the screen was weird, i think because the T760 has only 1024x600px resolution not 1280x800 px. But the touch panel doesn't worked, so I can't use the tablet, can't select language at the first screen of Android 4.0.3 after install.

http://www.merimobiles.com/Teclast_T760_7_inch_Android_2_3_1024_600px_1_2GHz_p/meri0686.htm

Anybody found working ICS 4.0.3 firmware for RK2918 by any vendor that works on Teclast A15 fine ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello to everybody,
I have a Teclast a15 tablet for a week, but also as @giuseppe0413 I've managed to flash it and to receive grey display.
@giuseppe0413 how you managed to flash it again?
Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
maybe bug corrections ?

can you make a report about usage, giuseppe0413, if you have flashed the new version on your tablet ?

One more question for all, everybody want to have ics. It's because the original firmware is laggy/buggy or only because it's the last android OS ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello to everybody,
I have a Teclast a15 tablet for a week, but also as @giuseppe0413 I've managed to flash it and to receive grey display.
@giuseppe0413 how you managed to flash it again?
Thanks in advance for your help!
1. download the lastest A15 firmware from Teclast site : ftp://d:[email protected]:2121/teclast/mp3/Firmware/Aseries/A15(E6C2)-V1.00-2B14.rar
2. use the reset button on A15 (small hole above the TF card slot)
3. hold the vol+ button during connect PC with USB cable
4. if need install the driver on PC (driver included : http://arctablet.com/assets/tools/Firmware/Rockchip_CPU_based/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.4.zip)
5. run the RKBatchTool.exe with administrator rights
6. if all the above lines was right, there is a green box in 'connected devices' groupbox
6. unpack A15(E6C2)-V1.00-2B14.rar
7. select the .img file for FW path
8. run flashing with upgrade button

I hope this will help you ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
One more question for all, everybody want to have ics. It's because the original firmware is laggy/buggy or only because it's the last android OS ?
ICS has hardware acceleration for all 2D operation by GPU, so all program can be run faster and smoother. The Teclast A15 with 1.0 Ghz single core CPU not a fast tablet, but if the GPU acceleration comes with ICS, maybe become an acceptable Android tablet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took the brave pill today and opened up my teclast a15 tablet because the touch part of the touchscreen is not working, the screen on the teclast a15 is a "gp innolux" screen and the touchscreen controller chip if i'm not mistaken in reading it is a "sitronix st1564". Maybe someone can add the drivers for this controller on the T760 ICS firmware and make it work for the teclast a15.

It was not that easy but it was just snapped in plastic, nothing to unscrew. But I still don't know whats wrong with it though, maybe flex cable or controller chip itself since i've disconnected and reconnected the flex cables already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. download the lastest A15 firmware from Teclast site : ftp://d:[email protected]:2121/teclast/mp3/Firmware/Aseries/A15(E6C2)-V1.00-2B14.rar
2. use the reset button on A15 (small hole above the TF card slot)
3. hold the vol+ button during connect PC with USB cable
4. if need install the driver on PC (driver included : http://arctablet.com/assets/tools/Firmware/Rockchip_CPU_based/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.4.zip)
5. run the RKBatchTool.exe with administrator rights
6. if all the above lines was right, there is a green box in 'connected devices' groupbox
6. unpack A15(E6C2)-V1.00-2B14.rar
7. select the .img file for FW path
8. run flashing with upgrade button

I hope this will help you ...
Thank you for your prompt answer.
I have deeper problem, I flashed it with N90 and now when connect tablet to PC it shows USB Drive and it is impossible to install Rockchip driver.
The other problem is that it is impossible to Shut down the tablet.
I tried everything could find in internet, pushing reset button + Vol + does not give result too.
Any kind of ideas and help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

I have understood my problem with my tablet. I have purchased a TECLAST A15, but the guy (from HongKong) has sent me a CEM2918N1 tablet (1024x768 only + no port HDMI) !!

That is why my tablet worked with ICS N90-4.0.3-20120305 firmware with some bugs, but never with true TeclastA15 firmwares.

Anyway, i have a very buggy tablet...

Good luck !

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have received the A15 about two weeks ago and have been fiddling with it ever since.
Rooted it by following MrTasselhof's instruction, deleted the apps that it came with and installed others.
Have reloaded the original rom a few times by now.

Generally very pleased with its feel and performance.

I did run into two issues, though, on which I wonder whether anybody experiences the same and wonder whether anyone knows a remedy:

1. Netflix fails to load. It gets stuck at the red splash screen.

2. Looks like there is a problem with wifi download: after I power cycle the tablet, the speed is usually acceptable: of the order of ~5Mb/s for download and ~4Mb/s upload (tested with SpeedTest) (though I get better speeds on my android phone). Then, after a while, the download speed falls off to less than 1Mb/s while the upload performance stays at ~4Mb/s. I checked if there is any other network activity sapping the bandwidth and there is none.
As a result there is difficulty running apps that stream video - I run into buffering issues.

It looks like power cycle of the tablet restores the wifi speed.

I have not experienced this video streaming issue with my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S) using the same wifi environment.

Anyone experiences the same?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nope.

Seems Teclast not a fast vendor in this area
This will be a good aspect at next purchases.

Anybody has any friend, who expert in custom ROM development ?

If I could get some help, I will try to build a custom ROM for A15.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.