Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need Help! Please.

A10HD (N9A3)hang. This is the 2nd time it happened.
The first time was a few month ago. The tablet just stay on the ON screen and not start up. I flash it to the latest Android4.X and it solve the problem.
The same thing happened last week again. The tablet just stay on the ON screen and cannot start up. I try to flash it to the latest Android4.2.2-V5.03, but this time the tablet cannot turn off, which means I cannot even flash it.

Please advise how can I solve the problem. Thank you.

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ bgoh88

I had the same problem with stockrom v.5.03. IMHO it is a bit laggy.

But now the answer for you: Use the reset button to restart.

Sent from my Vido N90FHDRK / Visture V97HD ROM 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks pogodancer,

Manage to switched off the A10HD, but cannot flash it.

I press the Home button connect the table to my PC with PhoenixSuit On, and short press the power button more than 10 times, but the A10HD cannot turn ON and the PhoenixSuit cannot detect the tablet.

Anyone can help. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
I manage to flash and downloaded the latest Android4.2.2-V5.03 and now it is working fine. Thank you!

The attach instruction is not right for A10HD. The Chinese PDF said press the volume button, not the Home button. Then connect the cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read through this thread trying to get my Teclast A70h (also a A31 device) updated to the newest FW and rooted. The FW for the A70h does not come rooted so I used SuperOneClick and I got my tablet rooted. I was able to uninstall most of the junk apps and disable the few that were unable to be removed.

Even though this thread is dedicated to the A10HD, I found many of the posts helpful. I especially want to thank weareone and pogodancer for their posts.

Anyway, I will post the information for the A70h once I am able to start a new topic. I am currently too new to make my own post. The A70h doesn't seem very popular, but it turned out to be a very good tablet. I attached a antutu shot for those who are curious.

Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ netsurfer17

Wow. Amazing Antutu score. My A10HD is under 12,000. Seems that you have a good device.

Edit: Ooops, I just saw that the A70H is only 7inches with low resultion of 1024 x 600. So I understand why you have an very good score.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Wow. Android4.2.2-V5.03 (2013-12-26) for Teclast A10HD firmware is really great. It is much faster that all previous verisons.

Hope to Teclast comes with KITKAT version of firmware.

-Weareone

·
Registered
480 Posts
I tested Christian Troys CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4) now for a few weeks on my A10HD. Maybe the rom has a few little bugs but IMHO it is good for every day use. But like the other CyanogenMod roms ported by Christian Troy it is running a bit slower than the Teclast stockroms. But nevertheless it is worth a try - with Titanium Backup it's easy to go back to another rom.

But today I installed the last stockrom from 2013-12-26 again. It is running a bit faster than the CyanogenMods but IMHO it is not faster than the other Teclast stockroms. For people who want to install this latest version rooted and cleaned I uploaded a modded version:

Download

Changelog:
1. Added root to system/app, system/bin, system/xbin
2. Added more permissions to system/etc/permissions
3. Deleted most useless apps from system/app and system/preinstall
4. Added some apps to system/app: GSamBatteryMonitor, Rebooter, RExplorer
5. Added some apps to system/preinstall: AndroidTerminalEmulator, BookmarkSort&Backup
6. Changed language and location to DE
7. build.prop tweaked
8. Changed first bootlogo to pogo-ARM (bootloader.fex)
9. Changed second initlogo to Teclast-widescreen (boot.fex)
10. Changed bootanimation in system/media
11. Added Christian Troy's TWRP-2.6.0.0 recovery (recovery.fex)
12. Resized app-partition (data) up to 3 GB

How to do:
a) Flash .img with PhoenixSuit:
- Start PhoenixSuit and load the firmware.img
- Connect USB cable to the tablet first
- Hold the back-hardware-key on the tablet
- Connect USB cable to the Windows computer
- Press the power button on the tablet once each second (for about 10 times) until you see a message shown on PhoenixSuit.
- Release the buttons of the tablet
- Confirm the PhoenixSuite message
- Wait until flashing is finished
- Reboot your tablet
b. You can enter TWRP recovery using an app (f.e. rebooter). Unfortunately I found no way to boot into recovery with hardware buttons.
c) After flashing it's recommended to boot TWRP recovery via Rebooter-app and to do a wipe (data/factory reset)
d) Change the language from DE to your language and enjoy.

@ weareone
I read in Christian Troys threads that A31-retina-devices reserve about 512 mb of ram for the graphics unit. It that is the case our tablets have 2 GB of ram as advertised, but not everything is available.

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ weareone

I don't feel a great difference in the performance of the new stockrom compared with the last one. But sorry, maybe I am wrong. You could be right because of the following aspects:

1. The full RAM seems to be released for the system now. When you open any system information app it shows you 2GB instead of 1,5GB of RAM. Indeed that is nice but I still can not feel the higher RAM, maybe because there remains less than 1GB of free RAM.

2. Very funny: Antutu shows now 20,000 (instead of 12,000 before). First I thought that it is a change within the Antutu app (like Antutu did it a few months ago). But that is not the case because I checked the Antutu score actually with my RK3188-retina-device (N90FHDRK). The N90FHDRK did not get a better score and remains at 18,000 as before. Funny for me is that everybody says the RK3188 is the stronger SOC and indeed it clocks at 1.6 GHz, while the A31-retinas clock on 1.0 GHz. But my RK3188-device is hanging 2,000 points behind the A31-retina.

Unfortunately I cannot feel the great improvement on my A10HD and I doubt it really exists. But never mind - it looks good! :clapping:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tested Christian Troys CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4) now for a few weeks on my A10HD. Maybe the rom has a few little bugs but IMHO it is good for every day use. But like the other CyanogenMod roms ported by Christian Troy it is running a bit slower than the Teclast stockroms. But nevertheless it is worth a try - with Titanium Backup it's easy to go back to another rom.

But today I installed the last stockrom from 2013-12-26 again. It is running a bit faster than the CyanogenMods but IMHO it is not faster than the other Teclast stockroms. For people who want to install this latest version rooted and cleaned I uploaded a modded version:

Download

Changelog:
1. Added root to system/app, system/bin, system/xbin
2. Added more permissions to system/etc/permissions
3. Deleted most useless apps from system/app and system/preinstall
4. Added some apps to system/app: GSamBatteryMonitor, Rebooter, RExplorer
5. Added some apps to system/preinstall: AndroidTerminalEmulator, BookmarkSort&Backup
6. Changed language and location to DE
7. build.prop tweaked
8. Changed first bootlogo to pogo-ARM (bootloader.fex)
9. Changed second initlogo to Teclast-widescreen (boot.fex)
10. Changed bootanimation in system/media
11. Added Christian Troy's TWRP-2.6.0.0 recovery (recovery.fex)
12. Resized app-partition (data) up to 3 GB

How to do:
a) Flash .img with PhoenixSuit:
- Start PhoenixSuit and load the firmware.img
- Connect USB cable to the tablet first
- Hold the back-hardware-key on the tablet
- Connect USB cable to the Windows computer
- Press the power button on the tablet once each second (for about 10 times) until you see a message shown on PhoenixSuit.
- Release the buttons of the tablet
- Confirm the PhoenixSuite message
- Wait until flashing is finished
- Reboot your tablet
b. You can enter TWRP recovery using an app (f.e. rebooter). Unfortunately I found no way to boot into recovery with hardware buttons.
c) After flashing it's recommended to boot TWRP recovery via Rebooter-app and to do a wipe (data/factory reset)
d) Change the language from DE to your language and enjoy.

@ weareone
I read in Christian Troys threads that A31-retina-devices reserve about 512 mb of ram for the graphics unit. It that is the case our tablets have 2 GB of ram as advertised, but not everything is available.
Hi Pogodancer,

I tried to download this file but it's corrupted.

There's another way to you upload the img file?

Tks

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ Fapim

My file is corrupt ? What happened ? Give me a small information and I will check this tonight. If so I will reupp it.

Sent from my Teclast A10HD / Jelly Bean 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
3 Posts
@ Fapim My file is corrupt ? What happened ? Give me a small information and I will check this tonight. If so I will reupp it. Sent from my Teclast A10HD / Jelly Bean 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 4
I tried to unrar the file with Winrar and the message was "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much @pogodancer.

I actually used the Android4.2.2-V4.11 and is very smooth. Do you recommend to change to V5.03? I heard that the camera still not working and the battery is running down fast.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't use the camera so I don't know. Battery drain is the same IMHO. Just try it. You don't have to lose anything if you make a TitaniumBackup before. The user weareone has a big performance won with the last stockrom.

Sent from my Q6000 / Jelly Bean 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there any improvement on camera drivers fix. I really need camera. 5.03 v is very smooth but I really need camera. Pogodancer can you manage to solve it? As I see the forum is not so active this period. Thnx hope to find a solution

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum.
the problem I have is that the tablet stays at boot logo in Chinese putting tpad retina and does not advance ...
I have tried everything and am not able to put it in flash mode .. or I've tried all combinations of buttons repeatedly ....
mi is the a10hd talbet

thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Hello All,

There is no action on this board for long time.

Does any one using Kitkat 4.4 on Teclast A10 HD? Has any one developed frimware based on KitKat 4.4 for A10HD? Could you please point me to fully functional 4.4 for download ?

Thanks,

WeareOne

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ weareone
I think Teclast will not release Kit Kat for this device. You can install Christian Troys CM 4.3 and 4.4 but they are not as good as the stockrom.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 MT6582 Clone using Tapatalk 4

81 - 100 of 102 Posts