Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just goofing around running Quadrant on my GT and I saw this.
Anyone know why this lists a 3-axis accelerometer when we've been told there isn't one at all?

·
Registered
246 Posts
MrSmith317;36932 said:
I was just goofing around running Quadrant on my GT and I saw this.
Anyone know why this lists a 3-axis accelerometer when we've been told there isn't one at all?
We haven't been told there isn't one at all. They say there is a G-sensor which will auto-rotate but will not work with gaming. It's just not activated.CPG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew about the "G" sensor but thought that was explained as it would detect a fall rather than rotation/orientation. I was just really curious about what I found. Thanks CPG

·
Registered
576 Posts
MrSmith317;36949 said:
I knew about the "G" sensor but thought that was explained as it would detect a fall rather than rotation/orientation. I was just really curious about what I found. Thanks CPG
If you look at the wikipedia page on accelerometers(or the one found by searching for g sensor) it says that it's just another accelerometer. So it seems to me that it was just some sort of pseudo tradename or something that someone tried to apply to an acceleromter. Maybe it was supposed to be more sensitive... dunno...Anyways, one key point is that it needs to be calibrated on an absolutely level surface, so it may be working but the driver(if any) is just not reading the values properly or it's returning WAY off ones...

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
From what I was told on a support chat. Don't expect it to be working in next weeks patch. looks like they will install rotateD instead.Ari: you should have the option to rotate an imageAri: once you click on the menu button at the back of the unitAri: is should give you the rotate controls

1 - 5 of 5 Posts