Android Tablets Forum banner
201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sometimes something as simple as a broken charging jack causes it
I am having a charging issue with a flypad 10.1. I cannot find much information on the net about the tablet. The flypad use a small connector similar to the new Nokia phone charger and it is also required a 5V charger. I am currently trying a nokia charger but there is no power light. I do not yet have the 3 posting to download the charger repair guide but I was hoping some guidance

Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi :)

I will try this, because my tablet wont power up or when i connect him to the pc or charger, he just show red battery....

and after that just blank screen with red led light.... and after 6-7 hours i still cant to turn it on... so i think i have the same problem here ?

thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
i cannot believe that dell still hasn't fixed the issue.

my tablet is just 2 months old and has always been charged w/ dell's charger and cable.

now it doesn't take any charge while turned on and only to 20% while turned off.

sad face

·
Registered
3 Posts
It looks like this post my have answers to my zepad with a burned out charging circuit.

The option of by-passing it and using a smart power adapter looks promising.

Zepad

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to this... so please bear with my questions.

After reading about problems and safety concerns related to the "cheap" adapters from China, I'm a bit puzzled about the use of the DX charger from dealextreme.

I realize this is a "smart" power adapter but how did you determine this was a reliable piece of electronic equipment?

The original adapter for the zepad I'm trying to repair is rated at 9V 2A.

Eatatjoes... I am not questioning your technical skill at all just trying to understand.

I hope to use one of your solutions to by-pass the suspect charging circuit on my daughter's zepad and charge the battery cells directly.

This third post should allow me to download your pdf. Thanks in advance for sharing your work and the solutions you have come up with.

V/r,

Zepad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, here is the first of three different ways:

Charger repair guide 1.pdf

I wanted to put this to my first post, but with "edit" I can't attach a file.

This way is only recommended, if your inner charging circuit is blown or completely dead!
If your charger is only very slow (@Fyre~: 10 hours for 79%, slow but not dead!), I'd not recommend this, but you may try it out. The mod inside the tablet is very easy, and also easy to redo.
If your charger still works "a bit", you will have to disable a connection on the main board, if you want to use the tablets original plug like in this first discription! That will be discribed in the second part, and will be published next.

Anyways, this first part gives you an overview of the mods (inside the power supply / charger and the tablet), even if you will use the third part with a secondary connector for the charger (soldering inside the tablet only to the battery connection, not to the main board, but you'll need to drill a hole for a connector!).
need this instruction

why we have to wait 3 post before get information?

·
Registered
2 Posts
this topic is exactly the same i was looking for 2 days......now feeling little bit relax as it looks like i will have my problem solved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just waiting on getting my replies approved then I'm downloading this pdf. Been having problems with a versus touchtab 10.1 dc. Already changed the battery but still won't charge.

Seems I'm not alone in this problem. Can't wait to read the pdf and hopefully solve this issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, my tablet battery has 8A capacity so i searched for a higher A charger and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger-Li-ion-Li-Po-2S-8-4V-7-2V-7-4V-2A-Wall-Socket-AC-DC-/321293015335?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item4ace8e5927

Will there be a problem because of the higher A or it will normally charge my battery twice than the other charger?

* Nevermind, didn't work... i solder the cable tip to the new charger and connected, red light was showing and same thing happened, battery charging fast, and draining even faster

201 - 220 of 226 Posts