Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.

My one year old tablet ZT280-C93 is reseting itself back to factory settings. All apps and settings are gone. It shows last updated 01.01.1970. Any idea? I have never tried to flash the ROM or anything. It has just been used to browse the internet. Never had problems before.

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers Jens

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Hello there.

My one year old tablet ZT280-C93 is reseting itself back to factory settings. All apps and settings are gone. It shows last updated 01.01.1970. Any idea? I have never tried to flash the ROM or anything. It has just been used to browse the internet. Never had problems before.

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers Jens
Moving topic to the correct forum (ZT-283 C93, not ZT-280 E98)....

Something probably got corrupted on your tablets data partition, you probably need to reflash your tablet... Which version C93 do you have? H6_1f or H6_2f? (Not mentioning the newer ones since you said your tablet is 1 yrs old.) What ROM is currently on it?

·
6,629 Posts
Thant was quick, omarahum !

Which version I have? That's a good one.

It says:

Model number: g04ref

Build number: JRO03C.20121027

Kernel version: 3.0.8 [email protected] #897 ... a.s.o.

Can't find anything like H6_... or similar under settings.
Does your tablet still have it's barcode sticker on it? What does it say there?

What about in the "media" partition/extra internal storage, there should be a version.txt or a txt with the ROM name that's on your tablet....

I think that 20121027 means you have a 1f, but I'd like to make sure first....

Anyways, reflashing your tablet should make it work properly again, you just need to figure out which ROM to flash....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The barcode reads: MXC93-8gb 1f-H6-sa097

I remember to have seen the ROM version entry while I was using the ES File Explorer or something like a "task manager" by E3.

Tried to download the E3 software again via the playstore. But it keeps saying "downloading" without any end, no error/failure message.

It's only 4MB on a high speed connection. I'll keep trying and will let you kow. Thanks !

·
6,629 Posts
The barcode reads: MXC93-8gb 1f-H6-sa097

I remember to have seen the ROM version entry while I was using the ES File Explorer or something like a "task manager" by E3.

Tried to download the E3 software again via the playstore. But it keeps saying "downloading" without any end, no error/failure message.

It's only 4MB on a high speed connection. I'll keep trying and will let you kow. Thanks !
No need, if the barcode says 1f, you have a 1f tablet....

The 0522 JellyBean 4.1.1 ROM posted on the Zenithink website is for our 1f tablets - http://www.zenithink.com/Eproducts_C93.php?download

You may also want to read through the 0522 ROM thread - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/74817-rom-zenithinks-official-20130522-jelly-bean-41-c93-h6-1f/

I am using a slightly modded version of ICS (4.0.3) on my 1f tablet...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sound like good news, I hope ! :db:

Besides what's written in that link any further How-to's?

Never did flash any ROM before.

PS: Just noted that your in NYC. I did live in Phillie for some years, but a long time ago.

Who's gonna make the big game tonight? Seattle or Broncos?

·
6,629 Posts
That sound like good news, I hope ! :db:

Besides what's written in that link any further How-to's?

Never did flash any ROM before.

PS: Just noted that your in NYC. I did live in Phillie for some years, but a long time ago.

Who's gonna make the big game tonight? Seattle or Broncos?
You just have to download the ROM, unzip it, put the zt-update folder on your sdcard, then while the tablet is off, press power and the back button at the same time and hold them till you see something on the screen, it should enter recovery and flash your tablet.... If it doesn't seem to work, you may need to format your sdcard (FAT32 file system, do a full format not quick, with no partitions on it).....

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.