Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've just seen the arrival of 4.2.2 for the T7s - already 230 people have d/l'ed it!!!

Can we have all your views in regards as it's stability, battery consumption, governers, gps 3d etc....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Come onnnn!!! Which brave soldier has installed this - we want to hear your views - tell the world......

·
Registered
40 Posts
...installed. But can't say what differend to the last version. Run fast and smooth, at this time no problems to tell

Gesendet von meinem HYUNDAI T7S mit Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
40 Posts
... no drain in over 12h device complet off. Will test it now in standby modus. Cause using my ifiveX2-tablet :)

Gesendet von meinem ifiveX2 mit Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
268 Posts
Issues discovered so far:

- GPS does not work at all
- Samsung CPU governors are missing (pegasusq and hyperfreq).
- Default performance governor is worse than e.g interactive or ondemand. This can be changed however after rooting the ROM.
- At random times while idle (i.e sleeping) the machine will hang and only resetting brings it back.
- Again, at random times the tablet will enter a bootloop and stays on the blinking T7s splash; the desktop does not appear leaving the use with no other option than reflashing. This one is quite annoying because it happened twice on my machine and had to flash it again.

All these issues are present on ALL latest T7s ROMs: the original and the rooted CleanROM SP v1.1
I do not recommend using any of these ROMs; they are not stable and clearly not working as good as the ICS one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
battery drain in standby : ~20h ~1℅ ( many apps installed, wifi on ..., used the clean&rooted Spain Version and deleted myself more system apps first)

Gesendet von meinem HYUNDAI T7S mit Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
28 Posts
Issues discovered so far:

- GPS does not work at all
- Samsung CPU governors are missing (pegasusq and hyperfreq).
- Default performance governor is worse than e.g interactive or ondemand. This can be changed however after rooting the ROM.
- At random times while idle (i.e sleeping) the machine will hang and only resetting brings it back.
- Again, at random times the tablet will enter a bootloop and stays on the blinking T7s splash; the desktop does not appear leaving the use with no other option than reflashing. This one is quite annoying because it happened twice on my machine and had to flash it again.

All these issues are present on ALL latest T7s ROMs: the original and the rooted CleanROM SP v1.1
I do not recommend using any of these ROMs; they are not stable and clearly not working as good as the ICS one.
For more stability, set max cpu frequency at 1400MHz. But that's right, the new 4.2.2 is not as better as 4.0.4.

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
31 Posts
had same problem as Frontier describe:
- reboot itself and block on start animation (blinking T7s).
Need to reflash.
It happens to me only once (few minutes after rooting the tablet).

Has also one "fast reboot" (reboot, start animation, lock screen in less then 1 minute)

Now it's rooted, lots of app installed (some freezed) and it don't seems to have problem anymore.
Good point of this rom is that the default partition for "Applications" is 2Go !

Was using while plugged yesterday, so no battery info for the moment (has unplug it with wifi "always on" this morning, will se how much battery it will have this evening.

haven't test the GPS so far.

·
Registered
31 Posts
67% lost in 11 hours standy :/
with 77% use by cell standby !!

there's no cell in this tablet.
someone know how to disable it? I've found some tutorial, but by flashing a zip with cwm (and we don't have cwm
)

Ps: yes, without airplane mode if possible

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for your comments/opinions.

When you look at the completion date of the t7s rom, it is more than a month older than the t7 rom, so I wrongly assumed that they had attempted to put right simple basic things like gps & 3d settings, never mind random resets & system 'hangs'.

Can you imagine if they had released this tablet with these buggy roms, what the general reception would have been like - noone would have bought them, in fact noone would have sold them.

I'm actually getting a bit worried about the fact that their website is still under construction - any company that cares about it's reputation does not allow this to happen, it's been weeks.

As I've said b4, I do not see a 4.2.2 rom that is stable enough to use, ever being released, however many times they try.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For me its better than previous, had just three reboots - two when browsing Facebook on app.

In my opinion battery is also better, i see that when browsing a lot internet. So far so good

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm using spanisch clear coocked 4.2.2 ROM. It works good: GPS, hdmi, sounds all ok. I hadn't reboot but I limited frequencies to 1400 max as suggested in some posts. Only one problem: N.O.V.A. 3 after charging crashes and system come back to desktop.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts