Android Tablets Forum banner

System restarts / crashes continuously

2K views 17 replies 2 participants last post by  Labovski 
#1 ·
I just got my M70003 from Hongkong. After only using it about two hours I have my first major problem, it crashes directly after startup and then restarts, crashes again and restarts... and so on.This all started after that I installed Fring and removed the micro SD card that I had tested. Could removing the SD card erroneously cause this? And how can I remove the program if the system keeps crashing?

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Roger Calver;43509 said:
Good old Chinese crapware strikes again ;)
Yep. : )When I turned on the airplane mode things worked just fine for quite a while and I uninstalled Fring, thinking it might have caused the problem, but after restarting the computer the crashing has returned. I wonder if it has to do with the wireless network? It was turned off before when the tablet worked.System loads, the desktop is loaded and then after a couple of seconds the screen goes blank and the tablet restarts. Very strange.

#6 ·
Seems it wasn't in airplane mode after all but somehow the wifi was disabled.Although the wifi worked alright before installing Fring and trying out a micro SD card. The firmware version running in this machine is 1.6 and the pre-installed firmware is identical to the one described here: http://www.slatedroid.com/orphan-m7003/3689-m7003-firmware1-6-here.htmlThe kernel version is the same: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirtySo is the build number: 1.7.4I managed to get these dates yesterday before today's f***-up.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
When I made the post, no. But now yes. :)I reset the machine to factory settings and now it works just fine even with the wifi turned on.Keeping my fingers crossed it stays so. :)I'm all new to Android but can a program like Fring cause all this?Ps. On top of the screen there's an exclamation mark. When I click on it I get a message saying:"OngoingRemoved SD cardSD card removed. Insert a new one."

#9 ·
Excellent :)When I first tried the M001's SDK 1.9.0 it kept hanging on reboot, after looking at its code I decided to remove some of the crapware preinstalled and it fixed the problem.One of the things with these devices is their not very well designed either hardware or software and thats why we have dev's modding them to work.

#10 ·
Roger Calver;43742 said:
Excellent
Yep! I'm really glad the tablet's working again. :)Can't get rid of the SD card message though and somehow the system has decided on its own to download some programs like Nimbuzz, Kindle for Andoid, Auto memory manager, Google maps, Jewels and Advanced task killer. I have no clue if Android normally does this.

#12 ·
[quote name='Roger Calver;43809]What SD card message ?And for the Google download random stuff' date=' you need to use the Google ID fix - check my sig.[/QUOTE']I tried a micro SD card earlier and after that I removed the card there's an exclamation mark on screen, on the top menu, and when you pull down the menu it says:"OngoingRemoved SD cardSD card removed. Insert a new one."I'll check for your post about the Google ID fix. Thanks for the tip!

#14 ·
Roger Calver;43821 said:
Never had that one myself but as a test format the card again (after backup of course) and test.
Oh. I just tried an SD card from my Nokia mobile. Format? I never did that. I suppose it wasn't properly formated then. Maybe that caused the problem in the first place. :DNewbie...

#18 ·
Ps. I think I know what happened now. 1. I installed Fring on the tablet, or at least I thought I did. In reality the program was installed on the SD card which I didn't know or at least didn't notice.2. I removed the SD card since I had only borrowed it temporarily from my mobile phone to try it out. 3. The system went crazy since it couldn't find the program it was running. The factory reset solved this but probably it would have been solved if had thought of adding the SD card again.Major problem had a simple cause and simple solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.