Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
En el foro en ingl?s alguien sugiere Ecotox+swap, como la mejor configuraci?n. Mi ingl?s es b?sico, asi que si alguien puede traducir o mejor a?n, indicar un paso a paso para hacer swap, ser? bienvenido...UPDATE 16/7/2010: I've enabled swap on ECOTOX v1.1.1 and the system now has 195MB or memory available (including the 93MB virtual memory in the swap file). This make ECOTOX even faster and more responsive. ECOTOX + swap enabled + Home++ UI *has* to be the fastest, most funtional Android setup for the M001. Swapping back from the browser to the Home screen now takes barely a second instead of the up to 10 seconds it took on Official or Slatedroid firmware.]I used Slatedroid v1.3 for a week or so, then tried ECOTOX v1.1.1 (with Home++). I prefer ECOTOX. For one thing, it's rooted already. No extra steps after updating the M001. The Android Market doesn't work any better or worse than any other firmware. I now just email the apps from my Android phone to the M001 and install them. Easy. Simple. ECOTOX is faster than Slatedroid. No doubt about that in my view. *Much* more responsive, especially when switching between tasks or from the browser back to Home. Plus the Home++ UI seems to be ideally suited for the M001. Simple, functional with some very nice one-touch extras, like App tray, Task Manager, Bookmarks and Notifications.ECOTOX seems to contain more "phone" code (AOSP, sez the blurb) than any other M001 firmware. This code seems to be faster.....Maybe others can share their view on relative speeds.As noted above, the YouTube is different. It looks like the one from an Android v1.6 phone rather than the YouTube included with the Eken M001. The M001 doesn't really have the grunt to render HQ video. Try playing an mp4 video file and see what I mean. You get the sound, but no video for anywhere up to a minute, then you get a few seconds of video....and it stops again until the next time it tries to catch up. MP4s are unwatchable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hola,ecotox ha a?adido un script para que use swap si la encuentra en la tarjeta de memoria.aqui esta las instrucciones en ingles:http://ecotoxrom.wikispaces.com/How+do+I+active+swap?Te explico.1)descargar gparted ,y grabarlo en un cd (es una distribucion de linux con ese programa para particionar)2)una vez que lo tengas en un cd ,enciende el pc desde el.el programa cargara automaticamente3)Por defecto gparted querra usar tu disco duro,asi que dile que use tu tarjeta sd4)Borra toda la tarjeta 5)crea una particion primaria que sea el tama?o de tu tarjeta menos 96MB (esos 96 megas los dejaremos para la swap).Formateala a FAT32 6)crea una segunda particion que tenga el tama?o restante.y formateala a swap7)sal8)ahora carga el eken con la tarjeta metida.para ver si lo cogio entra en un terminal y pon el comando free9)deberia poner algun numero diferente a 0 ,diciendote el ta?amo de tu swapespero que te haya sido de ayuda

·
Registered
57 Posts
En principio da igual cual sea la swap,pero si pones otra diferente tendras que modificar el archivo donde indica la particion que es.(o bien puedes usar el programa droid swap y decirle que particion es,pero ya teniendo ese script en el arranque..)

·
Registered
43 Posts
hmmm yo aun estoy esperando mis 001, pero espero que cuando lleguen ya tenga lo mas posible para ponerlas al dia rapidito XD asi que perdonad la poca idea que tengo aun... sin ecotox, digamos que instalo la version de slatedroid (que por lo que leo parece mas completita), hay una app con ese nombre (droid swap) para habilitar el archivo de intercambio?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.