Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around today with my Supernova testing what they call the "fall back" where the pad reverts to the first factory firmware flashed onto the tablet in the event of 5 failed boots.

Of course with a minuscule attention span even 5 reboots can seem a lifetime, so while bored I was playing with the buttons. By default the pad will only run singed zips that follow their naming convention. If you power up the tablet without a firmware zip it will go to the Android and a trianlge with an exclamation point on it, and hang there.

While on this screen if you press power then volume up for just a second, a menu comes up. Volume up and down move, power selects. You can sheck the version your tablet is going to revert to if you get stuck rebooting. I don't know if the update still requires their signatuere and naming convention. I have a UOT Kitchen Mod I just made and am going to test.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was messing around today with my Supernova testing what they call the "fall back" where the pad reverts to the first factory firmware flashed onto the tablet in the event of 5 failed boots.

Of course with a minuscule attention span even 5 reboots can seem a lifetime, so while bored I was playing with the buttons. By default the pad will only run singed zips that follow their naming convention. If you power up the tablet without a firmware zip it will go to the Android and a trianlge with an exclamation point on it, and hang there.

While on this screen if you press power then volume up for just a second, a menu comes up. Volume up and down move, power selects. You can sheck the version your tablet is going to revert to if you get stuck rebooting. I don't know if the update still requires their signatuere and naming convention. I have a UOT Kitchen Mod I just made and am going to test.
Been a while since I said this; but you're the man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts