Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,While I am still waiting for my Flytouch to arrive (was really cheap, so I could not resist ordering one - let's hope it will really arrive and work), I have been busy reading myself into all info I could gather so far, regarding Android tablets.What I have not found, yet, in this great forum is some kind of discussion regarding the cooking of ROM's.It is my understanding that all these chinese tablets are pretty secure to flash, as all it takes is a SD-card with a script folder, that is read by the bootrom, which I believe is not replaced by the flashing (correct me if I'm wrong).This means that one can actually try out all ROM's with the worst case scenario of having to simply re-flash a bad firmware (i.e. incompatible one).I have been looking at the scriptcmd file of different ROM's and it almost seems to me that one can take i.e. the firmware of an Eken M001, replace and edit the scriptcmd with the configs of a Flytouch and just flash it. If so, I would suggest a ROM/firmware database on the download page of this portal, with the different available Android versions for groups of devices, but without the scriptcmd file. This could be downloaded separatly. Doing this (if my assumption is technically correct) would reduce the amount of firware files and make it much more clear, what to download.The same would be interesting for WinCE. Perhaps someone with th eknowledge could explain how to adjust screen resolution, screen calibration, button assignments and WIFI settings.I see a great future for firmware hacking on these devices and the only reason I ordered one was to be able to have some fun messing with exactly that, instead of watching TV and getting numb...Cheers,vma

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.