Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using 25 Pipo S2's in an educational setting. The Pipo S2 was not a bad choice, but it has its share of problems.

The features that I like best about the S2 for an education setting are HDMI-out, 16GB HD, 8" display, 1GB RAM, and full-size USB support. A big disadvantage of the S2, however, is that its Rockchip 3066 platform does not allow the use of 95% of available external batteries. The only external battery I have that works is an $80 external battery suitable for charging laptop batteries (when the laptop is turned off).

Over time, the S2s I am currently using will develop problems and will no longer be usable and must be replaced.

My question is this: What non-Rockchip 3066 8" tablet (USD 100 or less) is currently a good replacement for the S2: 8" display, 1GB RAM, full-size USB support, HDMI-out, compatible with most external batteries? This replacement tablet can be any brand, not necessarily PIPO.

My own answer to this question is to look to Ainol. Intex is also a company worth a look. Intex seems to do a good job of rebranding somewhat reliable Chinese tablets. They rebranded the Pipo S2 as the Avatar 2 (but with only an 8GB internal flash drive).

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ed

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi, good to know that you had good sucses with so many S2's. I do have one for the last 6 months and love it.

But one thing I don't understand from your msg. "its Rockchip 3066 platform does not allow the use of 95% of available external batteries." How's the 3066 is a mater of external batteries?

Tnx, asik

1 - 3 of 3 Posts