Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my tablet today and have tried all the available roms. I chose to run ECO,s beta rom and then rooted and then i have successfully overclocked! i will put up a vid in awhile.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
yes which beta did you use and which app

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to know, too, if the benchmark was a hoax. I bought and benchmarked this device, and it sure hurt in terms of specs. Using the benchmark tool I posted to my other site (posted by ch4rlii), I at least have a reference point - hopefully the o/c was successful!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Idk if overclocking is possible however underclocking is totally possible. I've seen some stuff on the datasheet of WM8505 and there are a few registers (memory maped) that can be written to make the device work differently (I mean PROPERLY, underclocking it to a quarter or an eighth of the original clockrate, useful idling when reading ebooks).

·
Registered
446 Posts
[quote author=gsx62391 link=topic=292.msg2480#msg2480 date=1274950033]I got my tablet today and have tried all the available roms. I chose to run ECO,s beta rom and then rooted and then i have successfully overclocked! i will put up a vid in awhile.[/quote]video?

·
Registered
446 Posts
yeah, i've been trying to, nuthins worked so far...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also to keep in mind: Overclocking beyond the stock 350Mhz would most likely cause temperature issues (ever had the back of your pad melt?) and would probably require some hardware alterations (such as cutting a hole for the processor into the back and replacing it part of the back with an aluminum sheet).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd be more interested in an on-the-fly underclock and invoke it when the device sleeps - as my unit still generates heat while sleeping with wifi off. Also, it would be useful to allow certain apps to underclock significantly - like ebook readers - to extend battery life.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alright here are two benchmarks, one is the overclocked and one is standard clock. There is a difference between the CPU speeds, although that might just be variationGoogle DocsCPU speed increases between the two, where as most everything stays the same, although some system functions do speed up. (Deleting is an example of this.) I used the Overclocking Widget 3.12, with the settings for the overclock set to: Screen on freq: min 384000 max 528000Screen off freq: 128000 min and maxDiffer Freq Screen Off: Yes (box checked)Update Interval 5sSuppress Notification: Yes (checked)Auto start on boot: Yes (checked)Also I'll do a benchmark with it at minimum clock, but I'm not sure if having the screen on for that would skew the results at all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Abishua;7237]Alright here are two benchmarks said:
Google Docs[/url]CPU speed increases between the two, where as most everything stays the same, although some system functions do speed up. (Deleting is an example of this.) I used the Overclocking Widget 3.12, with the settings for the overclock set to: Screen on freq: min 384000 max 528000Screen off freq: 128000 min and maxDiffer Freq Screen Off: Yes (box checked)Update Interval 5sSuppress Notification: Yes (checked)Auto start on boot: Yes (checked)Also I'll do a benchmark with it at minimum clock, but I'm not sure if having the screen on for that would skew the results at all.
Abishua, I organized an easier reading spreadsheets based on yours here: Google Docs Spreatsheet with %sIts easier to read with the % hehe

·
Registered
646 Posts
I like to underclock my M001 for reading etc....Really when you read you can go to half the speed as there is not much going on! You save a lot on batterySo I will try as soon as I update the Rom and get rootThank for the info

·
Registered
187 Posts
So a 23% boost in CPU gets about 10% performance boost? Next is how much does it kill battery life? Still waiting on mine. Any other special instructions on installing or using Overclocking Widget? Thanks for the post and you to Itanium for polishing it up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts