Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Started out with power plug would not charge device unless I held plug just right.Found Kindle 1 pulg was same dia but longer. But only 5volt like usb. That plug would stay in charge mode with out hand holding.Found a charger with longer tip and 9 1.5 amp volts in junk box.But did not notice tip/ring polarity reversed. So 'Pop', bad smell, lots of swearing on my part.Device still works. plug in usb get charging mode. But will not charge with power connector.Have opened it hoping for easy to find and replace cap. No luck. But putting in connector I see the the charge led flash.If I hold it just right Charge led blinks a short flash pause short flash at a 1/2 second cycle.1st choice is sell it to modder. $90.002nd in mod it myself. put new plug in hdmi area then run to charger circuit and then to battery.Any source for a battery charge board?or saw some added a 5-9v converter to usb connectorThis was supposed to be gift for sister don't want to give her a badly modded device.Selling it will reduce pain in budget buying a new one will cause.Hoping for a suggestion here. if not will move it to for sale board on Tue.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
As much as any other GT78 can. USB is at 5V but battery is 7.4. So USB connection Slows Discharge but will not Increase Charge.Not sure what putting 9V on the USB cable might do.Thinking this would hurt USB as a data connector. If not I could make a cable that is just for charging that is a 9V wall wort to a Mini USB cable.That would be good enough, I'm just afraid of blowing the USB Chip that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.