Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title describes.When updating my M001 is stuck on Upgrading file-sytem.... Please wait....Any ideas on how to fix my internal file system?When I take the SD card out and boot I get to the logo and that's it. Same thing when SD card is in and not updating.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmmm. is the sd card in good shape? properly formatted and all? Can you read the card in another device?Have you tried re-downloading the update file? perhaps the one you have is corrupt?Gee, you have a tough problem.It's probably better (easier) to assume the eken is operating properly. That means it's something other than the tablet. What could that be? The sd card, the update file, what else?Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SD Card is formatted, clean format, tried the 1.7.2 official ROM, deleted, formatted, tried Willow's ROM, I'm thinking the internal flash memory is corrupted but have no idea how to format or delete without bricking it, can I format and delete everything in the internal memory and still use an update?Yes, I've tried multiple updates, used 7zip to ensure clean uncompressionYes, I've tried redownloadingYes, I've tried the SD card in another device, have no problems copying to it.What are the standard procedures for formatting the SD card for this device? I dunno, ANY thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also having the same problems. done everey thing suggested. fomated the sd and unziped properly, I had two m001, one up graded from the same sd card and this one just stuck in that android /Robot screen.during upgrade it had stoped on "upgrading file system, please wait... " I waited for 40 minutes nothing happened, now I am just wondering if its the machine thats doing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I had to guess, it's an issue with the internal device storage memory, not the SD card. Since it reads from it just fine and gets through the rest of the flash just fine. Just gets stuck on file-system, so I'm at a loss on how to fix the internal memory.Anyone?

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, this is internal memory I'm pretty sure, here's the sequence (seems to read SD just fine)Upgrading w-load ...Upgraded w-load successful!Upgrading u-boot ...Upgraded u-boot successful!Upgrading logo ...Upgraded logo successful!Upgrading kernel ...Upgraded kernel successful!Upgrading file-system ...Please wait ...And just stops right there, can run it for hours and nothing.When I take the SD card out and boot, it hangs on boot logo, never starts booting up (stops before getting to animated boot)

·
Registered
100 Posts
prospero;9991 said:
any ideas on how to fix the internal file-system?
Ok, could you download an md5 tool and post the md5 sum of the u-boot.bin on your SD card?Also, what happens during the update:fatload mmc 0 0 script/android.bmptextout -1 -1 "Upgrading logo ..." ffff00nand write 0 600000 $(filesize)textout -1 -1 "Upgraded logo successful!" ff00fatload mmc 0 0 script/uzImage.bintextout -1 -1 "Upgrading kernel ..." ffff00nand write 0 0 $(filesize)textout -1 -1 "Upgraded kernel successful!" ff00textout -1 -1 "Upgrading file-system ..." ffff00setenv bootargs mem=109M root=/dev/ram rw initrd=0x01000000,32M console=ttyS0,115200n8 init=/linuxrc lcdid=1fatload mmc 0 1000000 script/mvl5_v5t_ramdisk_WM8505.090922.loop.gztextout -1 -1 "Please wait..." ff00bootm 0so your update makes it to the boot phase, but then stops. bootm is part of u-boot... question: what update are you using?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have the same issue, i have left it for 2 hours trying the update , about to goto sleep leveing it running.it success all upto the file part and just stops.....not sure why , i will try multiple rom's pls help.im using a 1gb sd card. i have a few 2gb ones i may try too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had same problem. In my case it was a bad solder joint under the ram chip causing the problem. Heatgun solved the problem, and now running 1.7 :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^can i get a picture of that?i did open my case to paint the inside black to prevent the LED light bleed... probably happened then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
during 1.7.4 official eken update:Android upgrade startErase NAND Flash ...Erase NAND Flash successful!Upgrading w-load ...Upgraded w-load successful!Upgrading u-boot ...Upgraded u-boot successful!Upgrading logo ...Upgraded logo successful!Upgrading ramdisk ...Upgraded ramdisk successful!Upgrading kernel ...Upgraded kernel successful!Upgrading file-system ...Please wait ...MD5 Hash of u-boot.bin:A7DF2427CF974D3E8F00A4D0C18CEFB4This is what I see at the end of scriptcmd:"Upgrading file-system ..." ffff00setenv bootargs mem=109M root=/dev/ram rw initrd=0x01000000,32M console=ttyS0,115200n8 init=/linuxrc lcdid=1fatload mmc 0 1000000 script/mvl5_v5t_ramdisk_WM8505.090922.loop.gztextout -1 -1 "Please wait..." ff00bootm 0

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i let 1.7.4 sit for about an hour and came back and it had finished the update. i think because it erased the NAND flash during update, anyhow, not sure as to the specifics, all i know is it's working!!!!so if y'all have issues try using the official 1.7.4. release and see if that fixes things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,I wonder if somebody can help...I tried to upgrade to 1.74 and got as far as:Android upgrade startErase NAND Flash ...Erase NAND Flash successful!Upgrading w-load ...then nothing happenned, I waited 2 hours and still nothing. So I try a different rom power off the table, power on... nothing, the screen stays black. The power led changes indicating it is on. I can turn it on and off (as per the power led) but the screen remains black.Is there any recovery mode or factory set? or is this bricked?If this is a brick, lousy upgrade, should check the integrity of the rom files before happily erasing the NAND...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts